New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: PHYSICAL DIFFERENES BEWTEEN 502 VS 504 Boards  (Read 3101 times)

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Re: PHYSICAL DIFFERENES BEWTEEN 502 VS 504 Boards
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2020, 02:43:30 PM »
Here's a picture of a 504-B. Doesn't appear to be any mods.
It had the ground pads on the screws yes 504b

• Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2020, 02:45:33 PM »
Any idea on this one? It has white simm sockets that are often 502A boards.

No ground pads around the screws not an original 504 i never go bu the simm sockets alone the early 504s had white sockets.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2020, 02:48:44 PM »
No. I'm lazy but I will check here in a bit.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2020, 03:10:59 PM »
Mark .. Doesn't seem to be any mods to the back of the board.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2020, 03:28:01 PM »
Here's a 504 B labeled from the factory without silver grounds on the board. It's a E beginning for the serial number. Has mods. I didn't take it off the board to check the other side for mods.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 407
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2020, 05:06:17 PM »
I noticed the mods around the reel chips and blue resistors on mine like in your 2nd photo.
Makes me thinks the static/humming interference comes into the audio from the reel section of the MPU and that's why they're re-routed?
Betcha it has something to do with the reel motor drivers causing it...I'm not sure.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2020, 05:13:35 PM »
I noticed the mods around the reel chips and blue resistors on mine like in your 2nd photo.
Makes me thinks the static/humming interference comes into the audio from the reel section of the MPU and that's why they're re-routed?
Betcha it has something to do with the reel motor drivers causing it...I'm not sure.
The reel motor bodge wires are not part of the 504 sound repair. Every 501 - 503 board i have ever seen has had them. The hum is because igt did not follow the data sheet for the on board amp and improperly grounded the chip. I used to have a sheet that said what all the bodge wires on the early 50x boards was for.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2020, 05:17:59 PM »
okay awesome Retro!  :cool_thumb_up:

I always wondered what those reel mods were for....there are on a few of my 502's but not all and I don't really notice what they do.

May I should cut one and see what it does?  :rotfl:

( Yup...I was THAT kid that likes to take stuff apart just to see what makes it tick! lol )

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2020, 05:30:32 PM »
okay awesome Retro!  :cool_thumb_up:

I always wondered what those reel mods were for....there are on a few of my 502's but not all and I don't really notice what they do.

May I should cut one and see what it does?  :rotfl:

( Yup...I was THAT kid that likes to take stuff apart just to see what makes it tick! lol )

Thats actually the earliest mod for the 500 boards. The sheet doesn’t actually say what they are for just how to do the mods.

And being that kid is ok. I do all kinds of crazy mods to s2000s my main test machine boots off a sound simm just because i wanted to see if it could.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2020, 08:03:22 PM »
"Boots off a sound SIMM"...I agree that's just another media and I believe that IS possible.
Correct this statement a friend made to me and my response to him...was I wrong?...>>>
"The MPU computer processor would have to be told where to obtain the Boot sector from the BIOS's settings"
My response was...>>>
"Only after when the BIOS settings is flashed into the main RAM - which I believe is obtained from the paired GAME chips when the machine is powered up.
In other words, if the the processor doesn't see any data from the GAME chips, then it doesn't know what to do."

I know my response was wrong because I usually am...lol  but still, your knowledge of how an MPU works is light years ahead of me and I truly envy that.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 08:10:35 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2020, 08:35:35 PM »
The sb is actually the lowest memory address. Everything including the simms shares the same 16bit data buss so all I really had to so was build a way to put the chip data on the simm then tie the simms read enable to the read enable for the eprom. Not something worth recreating but it was a cool little hack.

Offline olivier34

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • olivier34 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2023, 07:04:09 AM »
hi boys,
i search to identify my card i read post but i'm not sure!
can you help me
lokk my picture!
thanks

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2023, 07:08:58 AM »
504B
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline olivier34

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2023, 09:31:51 AM »
ok really simple!!!
thanks!

Offline olivier34

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2023, 10:23:03 AM »
ok thanks that i think, but i have a buzz yet when machine is on!
any ideas what's happenned?
i have s20000 tabasco with sound card!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal