New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Game King 044 Upgrade - no video; Flashboard?  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Super Joker

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Super Joker New User has no influence.
  • Super Joker is Wild! Anywhere!
Re: IGT Game King 044 Upgrade - no video; Flashboard?
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2023, 12:22:32 PM »
NOTE: Attempted to clear the motherboard E2 - machine hangs at this point as well. From what I've read, it would seem that the backplane 8-pin eeprom could be the culprit. I've tried re-seating it, verified orientation, etc.

I only have this one machine, no other GK parts. Should I just order a 24c256? Any reason not to try the one from my 3902 backplane? (other than losing data)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2023, 01:04:22 PM »
Kinda looks that way.  When you say it won't step through it, do you mean it comes right back after turning the reset key.  You can't use one from a 3902 because they are 16kb and 044 requires a 256k backplane EEPROM. 

Offline Super Joker

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2023, 01:26:40 PM »
Kinda looks that way.  When you say it won't step through it, do you mean it comes right back after turning the reset key.  You can't use one from a 3902 because they are 16kb and 044 requires a 256k backplane EEPROM.

What I mean is that it "locks up" - that is, the touchscreen won't respond to "go back" or "restart".  It will just sit indefinitely on the screen until power cycled.

So when I go into the Green menu and try to reset E2 eeprom - as soon as I select that option - no more response from touchscreen (won't respond to 'go back' or 'restart').

When I go into Purple menu and choose NON-WAP; as soon as I select that option - no more response from touchscreen (won't respond to 'go back' or 'restart').

As both these options involve reading or writing to the EEPROM - my rudimentary troubleshooting leads me to believe potentially an eeprom issue.

As it responds fine to the Red bar ram clear command - I'm thinking the processor board is potentially OK.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2023, 02:53:03 PM »
Replacing it would be the next thing to do then.  If you have to order some get a few extra in case you get a couple of extra 044 MPUs and want to swap out games easy.  They're cheap and the shipping will probably the the same for 1 or 10.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2023, 03:30:05 PM »
I would like to add that I had his flash board here a few days ago. Installed it with my MPU in my machine and everything worked perfect. The 256kbit eeprom would be my next move then the MPU. I'm not ruling out a netplex issue either with the touch screen freezing.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Super Joker

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2023, 04:02:24 PM »
I would like to add that I had his flash board here a few days ago. Installed it with my MPU in my machine and everything worked perfect. The 256kbit eeprom would be my next move then the MPU. I'm not ruling out a netplex issue either with the touch screen freezing.

Yep, many thanks to RB, fast help and turnaround.

Had 0 issues with the 3902 setup - and no issues with 044 functions that didn't involve access to the eeprom.

I've got (either 4 or 6) eeproms on the way, should be here by/on Monday.

Hate to say it, but might have to keep my eyes out for a spare 044 MPU...

Offline Super Joker

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2023, 04:19:43 PM »
UPDATE: New eeproms arrived this afternoon. Swapped out, booted, went to menu. Clear ram = OK, clear E2 Memory, OK!!! Rebooted, and it works. Went to keychip menu and setup accounting to test, all working (other than my mechanical meters are going nuts after putting in $100 bill - probably need to adjust the currency value).

I figured it had to be the eeprom when it would "hang" on functions that were reading/writing to it. Glad it was a cheap fix! Now I just need to play with the various denominations, games on each denom, and payout percentages.

Many thanks to those that assisted

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2023, 04:30:51 PM »
You can bypass the meters but next time you are in the key chip menu, change the meters from AU to dollars. Big difference.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 05:58:44 PM by RB »
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Super Joker

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2023, 04:58:00 PM »
LOL, yeah, I had seen AU was the default when I went back into the menu after my "success" post. Saw that and already changed it to US$, still learning the setup on this. The new keychip is GREAT! Love not having to swap out chips! Best thing since cheese on a burger!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal