New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: MPU won't slide all the way in - 044 board  (Read 746 times)

Offline brashs

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • brashs New User has no influence.
  • NLG
MPU won't slide all the way in - 044 board
« on: March 02, 2023, 08:21:55 PM »
Recently upgraded from a 3092 to 044 boards. After installing backplane with no problems, I noticed that the MPU won't slide in all the way. When booting up I get the expected amber and 2 green led's, but get 'No Input' on the  screen, so it's obviously not making the complete connection.  One time I was able to get the MPU in far enough and things booted up as expected, got video, was able to run through keychip options, play a game etc. But overnight the MPU slid back out just a tiny bit and lost the video and functionality, and I can't recreate that perfect depth/connection again.

I was recommended to try taking out the plastic guiding piece at the end of the MPU as well as the screw on the backplane it's self, and neither helped. It just seems to get down towards the end, and almost springs back towards me. I have checked the pins multiple times at the connection point, nothing obvious sticking out on the backplane, and nothing on the tray itself would seem to stop it. The guide track on the left side does have a bit of a curve (see pic attached) but not sure if that would cause it. the 3092 tray slid in and out with no problems.

Attached are pics of the MPU as far in as I can get it, as well as the backplane and bent track.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: MPU won't slide all the way in - 044 board
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 08:25:01 PM »
Check for a possible bent or folded pin underneath the MPU?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline brashs

• Reputation Power: 0
  • brashs New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 08:48:00 PM »
Check for a possible bent or folded pin underneath the MPU?

Do you mean the wires/connections going into the backplane?

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 09:31:02 PM »
I had this happen before,  if I remember correctly,  it was a screw at the back of the mpu on the right side that had a large head instead of being counter sunk. Is there a screw at the rear right of your flash board? Also ensure the mpu fan screws aren't interfering

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 09:37:26 PM »
Yes, check the two connectors on the MPU for any bent male pins on the two connectors that engage the motherboard.  Put all the guides back in if they're still out.  Examine the 044 MPU metal tray closely.  Sometimes corners get bent in shipping and it won't seat properly.  Some just need a bit of force to get in all the way, but you can't just slam it in.  Push it in slowly until you feel some resistance, and then push on it firmly.  That's after you make sure you don't already have bent pins of course. 

Offline Dnhd1996

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Dnhd1996 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 11:44:10 PM »
I removed the plastic line up deal off my board and it worked great just be careful pushing it in

Offline FloridaGaming

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • FloridaGaming New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2024, 05:34:34 AM »
I ran into that same problem when upgrading to a 044 once.  Turns out during re-assembly of the backplane I installed the wrong type of screw in the center mount above P5/J5.  That centering screw above P5/J5 is a different type of round head than the others, I think the diameter of the head is smaller.  It protruded or otherwise did not fit the MPU assembly that needed to slide in and connect.  It was frustrating to figure out!
 :duh:

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Rep New User has no influence.
  • HAPPY Game King and PE+ Owner! Thanks NLG! <3 :)
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2024, 06:15:58 AM »
Gotta agree with some earlier posts, I had this happen and it was a bent pin. Thankfully it was fine and didn't break. Straightened and all was good. I could def see the wrong kind of screw/bolt causing it too. But my one experience was indeed just a bent pin. If you can find the "bind" and feel the area it's coming from it'll ease this job for sure, that's the pain of stuff like this, usually something very minor but hard to feel or pick out. Best of luck!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal