New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 12-1 after new battery  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
12-1 after new battery
« on: April 10, 2023, 04:11:12 AM »
I had a gentleman send me his board for batt replacement, I put a brand new batt in reads 3.6v as it should, machine still has 12-1 and  wont go away. I am rusty on s pluses its been a while but from what I remember it should take care of it self after installed yes??? What am I missing ??

Thanks

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 12-1 after new battery
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 06:29:24 AM »
That's strange...[12] is the normal code for a low battery...there's only 13 tilt conditions and "12-1" isn't one of them.
[12-1] would be for....>>>   Hopper throughput sign (positive {0}, negative {1}) with certain SP chips such as SP1272.
It's almost like as if you're in the internal accounting section for the hopper instead? and the "1" would mean that the hopper has paid out more coins than it's received....lol

The door optics in a closed state is what makes the battery code go away...or a bypassed system utilizing a cherry switch.
When you close the door, does the [Coins Played] number on the reel glass display momentarily go out, then come back on?
What SP chip is installed on the board?
Also, is this a 10 or 16Mhz board?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 07:06:28 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 12:09:06 PM »
I had him reboot and cycle jp key with door open and close it no change..
All of this is being done over phone calls now making it challenging.
Here is a pic of board and errors. I no longer have the board in my possession to ck the chip #
I appreciate your help I’m no expert on plus machines.
Thanks

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2023, 01:05:33 PM »
okay...it's NOT a 12-1 as in hopper accounting....it's just a plain old low battery code...the "1" is a single credit in the [Coins Played] window on the display.

That number "1" needs to go out momentarily when the door latch is closed to clear the [12] code.

His MPU is not seeing the door closed for some reason.

The door optics, and related wiring harnessing needs inspection, testing, and servicing.

Find out the history...was the game working before?

Why isn't the machine seeing the door closed now?

Cash box door switch should be tied together....belly switch tied together...door optics aligned to "see" each other.

Test door emitter optic powered on with video camera....look for blue-ish light emitting from optic.
or get him to do the input tests #13 for the door latch.
I attached the test below.
Click on photo below to enlarged if needed...>>>

« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 01:29:13 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2023, 01:25:33 PM »
Said he moved it and after the move it wouldn’t work. I agree something got tweaked in the move.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2023, 12:42:26 AM »
I think the 12 might be a little bit of a red herring here.

A low battery 12 would typically be left-justified in the Winner Paid window, and nothing would be in the Coins Played window.

I believe the machine may be indicating that its last payout was for 12 coins, and it's ready to accept a coin and play.

If it's rejecting coins, have him check to make sure the sample coin is seated correctly, and have him try adjusting the sensitivity potentiometer in the Coin Comparator to make it less likely to reject coins.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2023, 04:31:07 AM »
A low battery 12 would typically be left-justified in the Winner Paid window, and nothing would be in the Coins Played window.

Looking at the [12] in the display again, I think you could be right Knagl.
If the door optics were working okay, that 12 wouldn't change until one completed spin.
However, the top or lower half of the candle would still be flashing ( if the bulbs were good and indicating that the door was recently opened).
I don't remember.

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2023, 06:24:14 AM »
I will have him check the sample coin and see if we can get it to play. I appreciate the help guys

Thanks

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2023, 09:18:27 AM »
If he sticks something in the rake to hold it open, that would help the CC accept coins too.

Also, if he sticks in a small Philips screwdriver into the CC, and turns the coin sensitivity potentiometer dial all the way counter-clock-wise, it will accept just about anything.

Say that fast five times...  :24:

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2023, 05:04:27 PM »
No change with those suggestions
One thing I noticed wrong with the pics he sent me is with power on the coin comparator LED is not lit

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2023, 06:00:07 PM »
One thing I noticed wrong with the pics he sent me is with power on the coin comparator LED is not lit
It does not lite when the door is open.

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2023, 06:04:18 PM »
It does not lite when the door is open.

Ok thank you

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2023, 08:33:23 PM »
You CAN use that CC led light for a test.

To see the light on the CC come on, remove the harness, stick it out thru the left side of the bill validator guide out the door.
Pull the CC off the mounting clips and attach it to the harness outside of the machine.
Turn on the power and close the door.
If the door optics work, the CC led light will come on.

If the door optics don't work, that CC led light will NOT come on.

I'm sticking in a dead battery in mine...I gunna play one credit before I change it out.
I wanna see where that "12" and "1" ends up on the display.
***Update***
Installed in a cell battery that only had 2.73 vdc on it, got code [12] but no number "1".
The code [12]was displayed on the left-hand side of the  [Winner Paid] window and nothing displayed in the [Coins Played] window.
When I replaced the low battery with a coin cell that had 2.97 vdc on it, the [12] was in the same place on the display when I powered up.
Also, the bottom half of my topbox candle was flashing.

I closed the door and the [12] went away then ONLY the "1" was on display in the [Coins Played} window.
I peered thru the door lockhole and saw that the CC led light was on.
I dropped in three quarters max bet and was able to complete a game and the lower flashing half of my topbox candle on my test machine turned OFF.
As far as I can determine, there should NOT be a left-most [12], and number "1" on the display at the same time.

I will now try to go into internal accounting and see what I can find.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 06:19:59 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2023, 08:37:20 PM »
Does the LED display with the 12 and the 1 go blank for a few seconds when he closes and latches the door, before returning to being displayed?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline RobinAK

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • RobinAK New User barely matters.RobinAK New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2023, 04:49:01 PM »
I am no expert. But I flip slots and the S+ is usually what I find and flip. whenever I get a low bat 12 code and replace it I get the 61 right away after power up. I have never seen a12-1. The lower candle lamp is the door open indicator and flashes until first game is played. What about pushing the test credit button on the coin optic? I wonder if the board is bad and the battery already went low? Had a S2K do that.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal