New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: How to get backlight reel lights working?  (Read 5251 times)

Offline jonbbrew

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
How to get backlight reel lights working?
« on: April 16, 2023, 12:52:24 AM »
Hello all,
As my work to “perfect” my improvements to my collection of Splus machines is coming near completion, I am starting to plan what I can do to “perfect” my one S2000 3 reel w/4th bonus reel machine. Loooongninto adding Tito printer so I’m learning about that.

My question is, what are my options to add backlite reeks to is? Is there any? What does it take?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 07:12:25 PM by jonbbrew »
How about throwing me some positive KARMA love by clicking on the left!

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Add backlight reels?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 05:19:13 AM »
It should already have backlit reels if it is a bonus reel game.

Offline jonbbrew

• jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 04:44:37 PM »
It should already have backlit reels if it is a bonus reel game.
Yes upon further inspection it does have the BL reels and at least a few of the bulbs meter out good, but nothing is happening. The 3 reel strips are not backlit so i want to order the correct ones from sunkist but want to make sure the BL Lights work since strips are pricey. What do i need to look for or trace to figure out why they arent coming on even though they would be ineffective?

Perhaps someone turned them off or unplugged somehow?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 05:03:19 PM »
The backlite controller is located to the right of the bell if it has either.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 05:14:16 PM »
No bell.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 05:15:07 PM »

This?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2023, 05:49:16 PM »
Below that and behind the BV:

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2023, 06:00:54 PM »
Below that and behind the BV:
This? I do see a few empty sockets and one harness that appears to have a bypass on it.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2023, 07:04:14 PM »
Yep, that's it.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2023, 10:00:58 PM »
Yep, that's it.
So now what do I do to make them work? Are their harnesses misfits g or disconnected? What about that one that has the bypass on it?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2023, 08:45:33 AM »
The reel harness that has mostly yellow wires on it and with the bypass plug with the single powder blue wire is bypassing an extra reel.

Clear the wires hanging down over that backlight driver board on the backwall, and take another picture so we can see all of the connector headers on the circuit board.
You might have the wrong type of backlighting controller board.

There are two versions.
One is for the newer style LED bulbs.
The other board is for incandescent lamps....the older style light bulbs.

The bulbs in your reels behind the reelstrips, are they LEDs or incandescent bulbs?

Below are a couple different types of backlight driver boards.
You can see they have different headers on the boards.
That's why I need to see a better picture than the one you took.
If you take a poor photo, that doesn't help us, help you.
Make a good effort to take the best picture possible.
Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 09:01:00 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2023, 09:02:10 AM »
The reel harness that has mostly yellow wires on it and with the bypass plug with the single powder blue wire is bypassing an extra reel.

Clear the wires hanging down over that backlight driver board on the backwall, and take another picture so we can see all of the connector headers on the circuit board.
You might have the wrong type of backlighting controller board.

There are two versions.
One is for the newer style LED bulbs.
The other board is for incandescent lamps....the older style light bulbs.

The bulbs in your reels behind the reelstrips, are they LEDs or incandescent bulbs?

Below are a couple different types of backlight driver boards.
Click on photo to enlarge if needed...>>>
Ok I’ll get a pic in a moment…but yes the bulbs that are on the reels are incandescent.  Also it should be noted that this is a 4th bonus reel machine. The 4th reel does have backlights too but does have LEDs on a display that goes around the reel window so not sure if that will impact anything. It works fine but backlights on the 4th reel don’t.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2023, 09:13:45 AM »
The pic I posted was from a machine with the 4th bonus reel.  It does not have a LED controller, you need LED panel reels for that controller.  I have two of them setup, both work correct including the LED ring.  I use LED bulbs on other three reels. LED bulbs will not work with LED controller, only the LED panel reels will work with it.  Not sure if the LED ring works with LED controller, I know it works without it.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2023, 09:14:54 AM »
The 4th bonus reel that's NOT being used is why it has the blue jumper plug on the reel harness...it's jumping the doubled, green ground wires in the Molex connector housing.

6,14,8,12 are the number of pins for the four headers you need to have on the board.
In the photo above I posted in Reply #11, it would be the 1st board.
That board would work for your incandescent lamps.
The 3 plugs on top of the controller board run to the harness that runs behind the reel shelf on the back wall of your machine.
The plug on the left side of the board runs to the I/O board that's hanging on the side of your MPU enclosure.

The 2nd board in my photo is for the 4th bonus reel ring and the newer LED reelstrip backlighting.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 09:32:11 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2023, 09:31:01 AM »
The 4th bonus reel that's NOT being used is why it has the blue jumper plug on the reel harness...it's jumping the doubled, green ground wires in the Molex connector housing.

6,14,8,12 are the number of pins for the four headers you need to have on the board.
In the photo above I posted in Reply #11, it would be the 1st board.
That board would work for your incandescent lamps.

The 2nd board in my photo is for the 4th bonus reel ring and the newer LED reelstrip backlighting.
So I am a little bit confused on what you wrote but looking at the pictures it seems like I have the board that you show on the right. In your writings, you stated that it’s for the fourth bonus real but with LED reel lights. I’m wondering if you think that’s the problem is that the lights that are in it should be LED instead for it to work? Again, my game is a fourth bonus reel.

I appreciate your help in trying to figure this out as I would surely like to get them to work so I can get the right reel strips 

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2023, 09:36:08 AM »
No...the driver board you have on your backwall will work for incandescent lamps.
It's another driver board version I don't have a good photo of.
It has black Molex headers on it...like yours.
Someone before you had already changed the 4th reel game to a simpler 3 reel game....that's why they put the blue jumper in.

You should have three plugs free on the back of your reel shelf.
Those go into the top three headers on the backlight controller/driver board.
The 14-pin  header on the left side of the controller board runs back with a separate harness to the I/O card that hangs on the wall of your MPU enclosure.

BTW what game are you trying to install that uses backlit strips?
If you're trying to make this a 4th reel bonus game, them you have to remove the blue jumper plug and plug it into the 4th reel connecter.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2023, 09:44:09 AM »
No...the driver board you have on your backwall will work for incandescent lamps.
It's another driver board version I don't have a good photo of.
It has black Molex headers on it...like yours.
Someone before you had already changed the 4th reel game to a simpler 3 reel game....that's why they put the blue jumper in.

You should have three plugs free on the back of your reel shelf.
Those go into the top three headers on the backlight controller/driver board.
The 14-pin  header on the left side of the controller board runs back with a separate harness to the I/O card that hangs on the wall of your MPU enclosure.

BTW what game are you trying to install that uses backlit strips?
If you're trying to make this a 4th reel bonus game, them you have to remove the blue jumper plug and plug it into the 4th reel connecter.
I’m not trying to install any new game. I just noticed that I had backlit reels, and now I want to make use of them. I’ll post a picture of my game.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2023, 09:51:20 AM »
I would buy the 4th bonus reel from sixcardmark and any harnesses/boards needed.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2023, 10:04:55 AM »
I would buy the 4th bonus reel from sixcardmark and any harnesses/boards needed.
That’s my whole question to begin with is what am I missing or need to get my lights to work. The game runs just fine as it is but I would like to have the extra special look of the backlit reels.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 11:01:10 AM by jonbbrew »

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Re: How to get backlight reel lights working?
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2023, 01:49:37 PM »
Only the ring of lights on the 4th bonus reel has LED bulbs.
You need a controller like the one sixcardmark pictured.
Remove the blue jumper plug and plug the harness into the 4th reel.
If you don't have three free connectors behind the reel shelf, you need the harnessing for the driver board too.
You might also need the harness that runs back to the MPU enclosure I/O board if you don't have that.
Plug 'em all into the driver board and you're done.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal