New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT G23 AVP - Clear handpay to credit  (Read 7841 times)

Offline sakwilla

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • sakwilla New User barely matters.sakwilla New User barely matters.
  • NLG
IGT G23 AVP - Clear handpay to credit
« on: April 18, 2023, 07:32:49 PM »
Hi all,

Is there a simple way to clear a handpay message back to credits on the IGT G23?

I know on IGTs there is a W2G Key but i dont have the key or lock to do this

Would just save the hassle when i try to cash out with my TITO as every so often the TITO doesnt work and it comes up as a handpay. Would be good if i could clear the handpay back to the machine and try again

Any help / advice appreciated! :)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT G23 AVP - Clear handpay to credit
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 08:15:59 PM »
Not that I know of.  When that happens and it goes to handpay you can turn the jackpot reset key and it clears the message and credits, but then you have to start all over with the credits. 

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 09:04:06 PM »
Yep, thats what happens :( Would be good if there was another way of doing it! :S

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023, 09:26:09 PM »
I never had my tito do that to me but I have heard of it from many. Do you get power thru USB?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2023, 09:53:23 PM »
I pulled mine from a 12VDC source.  Not sure if the TITO board I use (Brian Hinkley's V3 I think it is) would work with a +5VDC source that USB would provide.  It works probably 90% of the time, but occasionally hangs up validating for some reason and goes to handpay.  Seems to be a common thing with AVPs regardless of what TITO board your using from all I've been able to figure out.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2023, 10:20:38 PM »
I have two Titos I use with my G23s. The Tito Deluxe which i like as I have it connected remotely to my phone (but goes to handpay 50% of the time for some reason - I have tried plugging the TITO to its own power source, every usb connector on the machine and still the same problem)

And a white one which I have never had any problems with, but cant control it with my phone.

Frustrating as I wish I can put the two together to have one that consistently works that I can connect to my phone and control! :(

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2023, 08:38:57 AM »
We use the white TITO's on AVP's here...been working very good.
Plugged directly into one of the open USB ports on the board for power...never had a problem ...yet. :rotfl:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline millionaire2k

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • millionaire2k New User barely matters.millionaire2k New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2023, 06:03:43 PM »
Hi all,

Is there a simple way to clear a handpay message back to credits on the IGT G23?

Would just save the hassle when i try to cash out with my TITO as every so often the TITO doesnt work and it comes up as a handpay. Would be good if i could clear the handpay back to the machine and try again

This option does exist.  I had the same issue as you were; randomly it would fail to validate and send it to a hand pay.  After I enabled the following, when that happens a pop-up will give you the option to cancel the hand pay and send the credits back to the machine.  You can then try again your cash out. 

PS. I swapped the tito with another of the same brand and still got the issue.  I even tried Mutiple external power options and nothing stopped the almost 50% cash out error rate.  I then bought a "bettor Tito" and the issue went away completely.  I have not gotten it in almost 2 years.  Now I will randomly get validation host offline issue about once every few months (been about 4 months now).  To fix I just need to reset the machine. But that is VERY rare and no where as bad as 50% of cash outs.

Here are the options you want to look to change to send handpay back to credits.

Cancelled Handpays: To set the maximum handpay amount that can be
cancelled, use eKey and touch Setup > Cash Handling > Limits,
Next twice, and the edit box next to MAXIMUM HANDPAY THAT CAN BE
CANCELLED (0 TO DISABLE).  (I set to max machine would let me so all hand pays would be allowed)

Cancellable Handpay Timeout: To set the maximum time a cancellable
handpay is displayed before it is automatically cancelled and returned to
the game, access the Operator Menu and touch Setup > Cash Handling >
Limits, Next twice, and the edit box next to CANCELLABLE HANDPAY
TIMEOUT IN SECONDS (0 TO NEVER TIMEOUT).  (I set to 1 sec so it would do it instantly without me having to press the option)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 06:37:20 PM by millionaire2k »

Offline MrMoneyBags

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • MrMoneyBags New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2023, 05:36:58 PM »
Hi all,

This option does exist.  I had the same issue as you were; randomly it would fail to validate and send it to a hand pay.  After I enabled the following, when that happens a pop-up will give you the option to cancel the hand pay and send the credits back to the machine.  You can then try again your cash out. 

PS. I swapped the tito with another of the same brand and still got the issue.  I even tried Mutiple external power options and nothing stopped the almost 50% cash out error rate.  I then bought a "bettor Tito" and the issue went away completely.  I have not gotten it in almost 2 years.  Now I will randomly get validation host offline issue about once every few months (been about 4 months now).  To fix I just need to reset the machine. But that is VERY rare and no where as bad as 50% of cash outs.

Here are the options you want to look to change to send handpay back to credits.

Cancelled Handpays: To set the maximum handpay amount that can be
CANCELLED (0 TO DISABLE).  (I set to max machine would let me so all hand pays would be allowed)

Cancellable Handpay Timeout: To set the maximum time a cancellable
TIMEOUT IN SECONDS (0 TO NEVER TIMEOUT).  (I set to 1 sec so it would do it instantly without me having to press the option)

I have been trying to figure out how to send handpays back to credits for a while now. I tried setting up the cancellable handpays but it doesn’t give me any option to cancel it. I’ve tried different timeout settings but still nothing.

Is there a setting I’m missing? I see if I go to protocol setup then next there is a handpay reset setting that can be set to serialsas1. But that doesn’t seem to make any difference, it still wants me to turn the reset key.

I’ve been trying to figure out how to get handpay resets to credits to work for a long time, I’d really appreciate your help.

Offline millionaire2k

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2023, 05:47:27 PM »
Just follow my instructions, that's how it's done.  You need to change both for it to work.  There is nothing to change in protocol.  Setting "cancelled Handpays" to max so they all can be cancelled and setting "Cancellable handpay timeout" to 1 sec so it does it automatic. 

Change 2 things to have failed print handpays go back to credits.

1st:  Cancelled Handpays: To set the maximum handpay amount that can be
CANCELLED
(0 TO DISABLE).  (I set to max machine would let me so all hand pays would be allowed)

2nd:  Cancellable Handpay Timeout: To set the maximum time a cancellable
TIMEOUT IN SECONDS
(0 TO NEVER TIMEOUT).  (I set to 1 sec so it would do it instantly without me having to press the option)

Have a good day.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2023, 05:56:01 PM »
  :I_agree_1: Your instructions work perfectly!

Offline MrMoneyBags

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2023, 07:53:07 PM »
Ah so this is only for failed print handpays. I misunderstood, I was thinking it was for regular handpays also, my mistake.

I’m guessing the only way to do it with regular handpays is to wire up a w2g reset key. Does anyone know how this is done? Is the wiring all there and I just need to hook up a reset key?

Offline millionaire2k

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2023, 07:59:03 PM »
You could also just change what a hand pay is under hand pay settings, so you never get a hand pay.  This solution was created for the people with the print issue not wanting to lose their credits (because it will always hand pay if print fails even if hand pay is disabled.)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 12:33:41 AM by millionaire2k »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2023, 08:28:06 PM »
Great info thanks!  Topic made "sticky".

Offline MrMoneyBags

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2023, 08:34:22 PM »
It will work for all hand pays.  You could also just change what a hand pay is under hand pay settings, so you never get a hand pay.  This solution was created for the people with the print issue not wanting to lose their credits (because it will always hand pay if print fails even if hand pay is disabled.).  But again, it works with normal hand pays also.

Yea I currently have the handpays set to a super high amount but I would like to have the handpays set at 1200 and be able to reset to credits.

I wonder why it won’t work on my machines, I’ve tried on my g23 and SAVP and both of them just show the normal verification required handpay screen and don’t cancel until I hit the reset key. I don’t see any option coming up to cancel them.

Offline millionaire2k

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2023, 10:58:11 PM »
What do you have the 2 values set to for the 2 settings you need to change?

Also make sure your lower and upper jackpot limits are set correctly. 

Since you want a hand pay at 1200, set the lower limit to 1200 (FORCE HANDPAY OF WINS AT OR ABOVE THIS AMOUNT. set to $1200)
And since you want to be able to clear them, set the max limit to machine max. (MAXIMUM HANDPAY THAT MAY BE RESET TO CREDITS to $10,000,000)

Also if ya want, take pictures of all your cash handling screens and I'll compare and let you know what to update.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 12:43:47 AM by millionaire2k »

Offline MrMoneyBags

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2023, 11:52:50 PM »
So right now I have “force handpay of wins at or above this amount” set to 1200.
I have the “max handpay that may be reset to credits” set to 100,000, (that’s the most it will allow)
And I have the “cancellable handpay timeout in seconds” set to 5 seconds. ( I’ve tried multiple different settings)
I have attendant controlled reset to credits off,( it will only let you enable this if you have a secondary w2g reset key. The amount for attendant reset to credits is set at 1,000,000,000 in the pictures but I have tried setting it to 0 to disable.

My g23 is running OSA1014BOC. I forget what my SAVP OS is, it is shut off right now because of a noisy fan I need to replace. I’m pretty sure it’s an older OS but it still does the same thing.

Here are pictures of my cash handling screens.

Offline millionaire2k

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2023, 12:25:59 AM »
Ok, so after much testing, I seem to get the same result as you.  What you said b4 is what I get also.  It only works for the print issue the original post talked about.

To test, I just set my hand pay to $1.  After 1st hit I got a verification required screen I could not cancel.

I put my hand pay back to normal, unplugged my tito, hit print, it failed, and the verification required screen showed WITH the option to "return to game".

So yes, it seems that this will only work for the print fail issue.

Sorry could not get it working for what you need.

It seems you need a 2nd reset key (w2g) key to enable the option to allow the attendant to move credits back to the machine.  I have a blank on my machine where the 2nd key goes so I can't test this.  It most likely works fine for the print issue since it does not need a w2g log, it just lets the user keep playing without needing to wait for an attendant.

NGL, just raise your jackpots to the moon, it's a waste to deal with.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 12:51:48 AM by millionaire2k »

Offline MrMoneyBags

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2023, 12:54:49 AM »
Ok that makes sense, boy I thought I was going crazy for a while there, I’ve tried every setting under the sun and could not get the machine to let me send a handpay to credits, haha.

For a while now I’ve had my handpays set at 250,000 but I really enjoy seeing the handpay screen come up at the normal 1200 amount,( I guess it makes things more realistic) I like playing realistic bets as well as super high limit bets so with the smaller bets it’s nice to have a normal handpay but it gets annoying with super high limit where every win is a handpay. Also after a few handpays it can get hard to remember how much you are up or down.

I guess I will pursue the w2g reset key, I can’t find a single thread about it on this forum which surprises me, I feel like someone must have successfully set this up. If I do end up figuring it out I will make a thread about it to help others.

Offline millionaire2k

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2023, 12:59:10 AM »
Here is what the gaming commission says about the "2nd key"

If a jackpot of $1,200 or more occurs on one of these slot machines, a W-2G must still be completed. To reset the game and allow the patron to continue playing these credits, the attendant uses a second reset key switch (which is located in the same general area as the jackpot reset key switch). The licensee must replace the lock shipped with the machine with a licensee’s specific key before these games can be played. This key, called a W-2G reset key, is considered a restricted key and must be stored in box 2.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal