New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: G23 telltale battery low, several other random tilts and gremlins  (Read 1741 times)

Offline wilm245

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • wilm245 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
A few months after getting my first G23 I started receiving Telltale battery low messages.  I replaced the telltale and the problem went away for a short time.  When problems returned they presented themselves as system monitor tilts, voltage out of range, sometimes buttons offline, etc.  Usually the machine would still be operable but as time went on those tilts started becoming hard tilts.  Most recently the telltale battery tilt reappeared and became the main problem.  Fortunately now I have another G23 so I would just swap the telltale batteries and that would buy me a limited amount of time before the hard tilt returned.  Clearly something is draining the telltale battery in that machine, and its not recharging it.  I have read many different accounts of people who have experienced the same issues, and I have read about several different possible causes ranging from a harness connector that can usually be easily cleaned/repaired to a defective board inside the cabinet that was recalled.  The DOM of my cabinet is within the date range of the defective boards.  What I have not been able to figure out is exactly what wire/harness connector(s) could possibly be the culprit so I can inspect and try cleaning them.  If anyone has pictures of them that would be amazing.  Now that I have another G23 cabinet that does not suffer from these issues I would think I would be in a good position to troubleshoot the different components in the glitchy cabinet since I have a good working baseline to measure it against.  I am still not very proficient with these machines and would really appreciate if someone who has experienced these same problems, and found solutions to them could give me some pointers as to where would be a good place to start, and specifically what to check/test.  The tools that I have are an ekey, diagnostic key, multimeter, an identical working machine, and this forum.  Any and all help will be greatly appreciated as I am ready to debug this machine and hopefully pass along what I learn to someone else in the future.  Thanks in advance!

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
Re: G23 telltale battery low, several other random tilts and gremlins
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2023, 04:14:33 PM »
While on the battery topic, what and where are all of the replaceable batteries on the G23?

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 04:26:49 PM »
Can I ask...are the "telltale" batteries the ones that are bundled up into like a small two-pack with the small two wire connector into near the to of the circuit board with all the USB ports?

or

can you post a picture of it?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2023, 04:27:43 PM »
While on the battery topic, what and where are all of the replaceable batteries on the G23?

Thanks,
Jason
Telltale is on the blackfin board, 2 coin batteries on the io card near the boot chip, and one on the mpu near the sata header.

W
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 05:38:24 PM by a69mopar »

Offline a69mopar

• a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2023, 04:28:28 PM »
Yes, looks like a
Can I ask...are the "telltale" batteries the ones that are bundled up into like a small two-pack with the small two wire connector into near the to of the circuit board with all the USB ports?

or

can you post a picture of it?
cordless phone battery pack

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 08:29:22 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 08:30:11 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2023, 05:09:19 PM »
Wilm245:
   You could disconnect the telltale on each machine and check for voltage at the board connector. Compare the two. Machine on for this. Next, I would swap the 2 blackfin boards, make sure the machine is off first of course.  It's fairly easy, just Unplug all the usb cables and the ribbon cable, then pull back on the yellow handle. Swap, see if the problem follows the board.   Mark one so you don't lose track of them.  And compare the small dip switch positions.  I had one that someone changed a dip setting which disabled serial  communications. 

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline wilm245

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • wilm245 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2023, 05:29:12 PM »
Wilm245:
   You could disconnect the telltale on each machine and check for voltage at the board connector. Compare the two. Machine on for this. Next, I would swap the 2 blackfin boards, make sure the machine is off first of course.  It's fairly easy, just Unplug all the usb cables and the ribbon cable, then pull back on the yellow handle. Swap, see if the problem follows the board.   Mark one so you don't lose track of them.  And compare the small dip switch positions.  I had one that someone changed a dip setting which disabled serial  communications. 

Thanks,
Wayne
Thanks for replying and I apologize i'm just now getting back to this.  I am now slightly confused as to which battery the telltale is, as I always thought it was the cordless phone looking battery on the I/O board.  Are the coin batteries that are located inside the computer box also considered telltale?

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2023, 05:33:01 PM »
The telltale looks like a cordless phone battery pack

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2023, 05:37:24 PM »
I was answering Jason who asked about replaceable batteries when I mentioned coin batteries. Sorry to cause confusion

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal