New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ Slant game with SP611 chip denomination  (Read 994 times)

Offline alex0243

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • alex0243 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ Slant game with SP611 chip denomination
« on: May 15, 2023, 12:57:30 PM »
I recently purchased a S+ Slant game in non working order.  Fixed it basically being loose wires for everything.

When I went to try and confirm the denomination, I go to selftest until coins played read 6(Denomination to my knowledge)

I am unable to change these settings, the Winner Paid reads '3008' and the Credits read '6130'

Has anyone seen this before?  I just confirmed the chip I have is the SP611, maybe that isn't a chip I can change denominations on?

Dip Switches on board: 1-4 on, 5-8 off
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 02:13:32 PM by alex0243 »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT S+ Slant game with SP611 chip denomination
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 09:11:13 PM »
Hi Alex,

Welcome to the site.

:NLG_WELCOME:

You are correct, you should be able to see the denomination if it is set when you see the number 6 displayed in the Coins Played window when going through the self-test menus.

Without knowing a few more things about your machine, I'm going to wind up giving you a little bit too much information since not all of it applies to you.

On an S+ machine, denomination only really matters if you have a bill validator installed and have it enabled. If your machine does not have a bill validator installed, you do not need to worry about the denomination. To the machine, the denomination is 1 coin = 1 credit.

If you do have a bill validator installed, it must be enabled via the use of a SET chip, and you can only set or change the value of the denomination with the use of a SET chip. The procedure to do so is found in the following FAQ: NLG IGT S+ Bill Validator Setup FAQ

While you should in theory be able to view the current denomination via the menu you were talking about, you can only change the value by using the SET chip. If your machine and dollar bill validator are currently working, you can verify the current denomination by simply inserting a dollar bill and observing how many credits are given. For example, if you insert a $1 bill and receive 4 credits, your machine is set to $0.25 denomination.

SP611 supports the following denominations: "$.05, $.10, $.25, $.50, $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $25, $50, $100 or zero (none)."

If you have further questions, please reply here and we'll do our best to help you out.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline alex0243

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 08:14:32 AM »
Thanks for the response!

I do have Bill Validator (JCM BV-145), currently it takes in bills but spits anything back out, I've found the dip switch diagram and turned 1-4 off.  I have been using older $1 bills but it spits everything back out.  I took a cloth and mild soapy water and cleaned the lenses in the BV thinking they were just dirty but the behavior did not change.  I was debating on just upgrading to a BV-200 so it would take some of the newer bills.

Not sure if this is because the BV is not enabled or if it is enabled but there is something else wrong with it.  Is the SET15 chip the most recommended one to get?  Any good spots to find then?  I've never dealt with replacing chips on a slot as this is only my second one I've purchased - first with bills!

If there is anything else you need to know about my machine I can provide it as well.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2023, 12:01:37 AM »
The 145 is old, and $1 bills are about all you'll be able to get it to accept unless you have some old style bills of other denominations. Note that the $1 bill hasn't changed in a long time, so you should still be able to get it to accept a modern $1 bill in good condition.

Based on what you said, it sounds like the machine is at least attempting to take in the bill. If it in fact is attempting to do so, that means that the validator is indeed enabled. If the validator wasn't enabled in the software, it would not try to accept the bill.

What is the behavior when you insert a bill? Does it pull it all the way in and then immediately reject it? Does it hold the bill for a few seconds before rejecting it? Is there any behavior from the machine when the bill is rejected, such as the Insert Coin lamp flashing or the Insert Bills bezel light flashing?

If you're able to do so, taking a brief video of the whole process might be helpful for us to see exactly what is and isn't happening. The best method is to record the video, upload it to YouTube, and then post the YouTube link here. If you also wanted to include you stepping through the self test menus, we can try and see where the issue is with it not showing you the correct information for the denomination.

Yes the SET015 is a good SET chip for your SP611 GAME chip, but hold off before buying one. I'd also suggest getting a RAM clear chip at the same time. You can usually find a set of both for about $10-$20 total.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline alex0243

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 06:25:31 AM »
I was debating on getting the DBV-200 just so it can take the newer bills 5 to 50. 

It takes the bill in, holds it for a second and then rejects it.  Bezel lights back up as does insert coin after bill is rejected. 

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-hCB1VuvrAo

I first step through the menus to get to coin played 6, where you can see the credits as 3008, I don't go through other menus but am happy to do so if needed/helpful.  My only thought is either the optics are bad in the BV or it has something to do with the credits being displayed as 3008.  I am also unable to change the credits on the machine by pushing any buttons/turning jackpot key.

* First bill rejection where it spits it out right away was my fault, I didn't let go of the bill.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2023, 12:00:31 AM »
The video is helpful. Just to confirm, does the Insert Coin lamp (bottom of the reel glass to the right of the 25ยข sticker) blink or do anything when the validator is attempting to accept the bill, or no? I'm guessing not, but couldn't see in the video to be sure. Also, have you tried facing the bill with Washington's head facing the other way (still face up, just the other direction)?

The display that should be showing the denomination in the menu is really strange. I think at this point I'd suggest purchasing a pair of S+ SET and RAM clear chips. I'm almost wondering if something is corrupted in the data with the display you were seeing when you should have been seeing the denomination. It's not going to hurt anything to clear the memory and then re-enable your bill validator. While I won't recommend any particular vendor, you can post in the classifieds section that you want to buy a set of chips, or there are a handful of folks selling them on eBay for under $20 for the pair, including shipping.

You certainly can upgrade to a DBV-200, although if what you're dealing with now is a software issue, you'll need to get that resolved anyway. Of note, not all DBV-145 power supplies can support the DBV-200. On the side of the validator (and on a slant top it may be in the part of the top box behind the award glass, to the left of the validator) is a large rectangular black plastic box that is the power supply. If the plastic has vents in it, it will support the DBV-200. If it does not have the vents, you'll need an upgraded power supply as well as the DBV-200 unit. In case you didn't know, the latch for the door with the award glass is accessed by opening the main hatch door, then reaching above the reels, under the center of the award glass. There's a little knob to pull down to unlock the hinged frame of the award glass.

Offline alex0243

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2023, 05:50:34 AM »
Just confirmed this morning the insert coin just stays lit when you put a bill in.  I've also tried to put the bills in every way possible as I've read on here that the 145 is picky in the way it takes them. I was assuming this is a software issue and most likely needed a ram clear but wasn't positive and was trying to use that as my last resort.   On the clear chips, are the instructions pretty much the same for each chip or do they differ from chip to chip?

I have a set15 chip and clear chip on the way - I was going to set the denomination to $.01 so when you put a dollar in it gives you 100 credits but leave everything else as a quarter, so you aren't having to put multiple bills in.

I've already checked, and it looks like my power supply is the newer/upgraded one as there are vent holes on it. 

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 11:36:50 PM »
Directions for using the RAM clear chip will likely be included with the chip, but you can read them here:

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=16134.0

SP611 does not support penny denomination. The lowest you'll be able to set it to is nickels, which will give you 20 credits for an inserted dollar bill.

Offline alex0243

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2023, 09:35:22 AM »
Got my ram clear chip and set chip finally. 

Cleared the ram, reset the machine up and enabled the BV and set a denom.

same behavior as before with the BV, bezel lights up, insert bill and it rejects after a slight pause.  Would it be worth while to find the DBV-200 and try that or is there other trouble shooting I should try with the 145 first?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2023, 11:28:52 PM »
I'm honestly not that familiar with the 145. Are there DIP switches on the 145 that might need to be adjusted to accept all bills? I know the 200 has those.

Also, is there any difference in the display on the machine or is it still giving you an unexpected display when you try to view the denomination?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal