New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: No System Launcher Is Found Or Determined  (Read 1729 times)

Offline T

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • T New User has no influence.
  • NLG
No System Launcher Is Found Or Determined
« on: May 16, 2023, 07:25:14 PM »
I went to install a game. Screen said it was finished I remove USB drive, then removed E key. I re booted system. Screen came up with a  "Safe Storage" error. I figured that there must have been something with the file i just loaded.

I took the USB drive to computer i loaded game from  then compared it to files I loaded the other day. The file i just loaded did not have the name of game in parentheses like the ones i loaded the other day  :duh: I thought that must be the issue. I figured i could just remove it. Loaded up E key and diagnostic.

It showed the installed packages. I looked at them and came to the idiotic reasoning  :hissyfit:that it had to be the very first package at the top of list. I meant to take a picture but did not. So, like a fool i removed package :fryingpan: I shut it all down, fired it back up, now i get "No System Launcher Is Found Or Determined"

Boy oh boy do i feel really beside my self at this point. One mistake now leads to several mistakes. I dont have a clue what to do at this point. I hope someone can lead me in the right direction :EmoticonHelp4: Sure wish i would have noticed or realized that the game i loaded was not proper. This is on G23 Family 14 660 MPU

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
Re: No System Launcher Is Found Or Determined
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 07:40:49 PM »
Did you try to load the os again?

W

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 08:02:37 PM »

W

I have not tried anything yet. i screwed it up enough already. I will try that. Not sure i have the OS tho. I have a bunch of files on a usb stick that came with machine. i will look. Thanks for responding

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2023, 09:34:36 PM »

W

I have A10140A and A1014A09 I assume it is one of these. Both of these are in folders.  When i click on them they say the same thing. igt_full_install.zip. This does not seem right.

I also see a igt_full_install6.5009A_GK0S.zip

Offline ChrisColumbus

• Reputation Power: 24
  • ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 10:30:29 AM »
If you remove a game by using the diagnostic key then you most likely will have to wipe safe storage and reenable all your games. you do NOT have to do a full wipe or a cabinet wipe. ALWAYS delete and install from the O/S > ekey in goto setup, game, manage packages to install and setup, game, manage packages, NEXT is where you delete. Always make sure the game is not enabled when you delete the package. These game files are registered in the NVRAM for security. Hopefully you just deleted a game and have to wipe safe storage. Usually your GCon games show up first in the list. If wiping safe storage does not work you may have to wipe and reinstall O/S then every game.  I know you were stuck and had to delete from the diagnostic screen so you will have to wipe NVRAM or safe storage. If you had a game king O/S then a lot of games are already installed with the game king O/S. if so you may have deleted a game that comes with the package.

Not having name of game in file will not make a difference as long as it is a .zip file. Are you sure it was a game and not a o/s ? what was the .zip file?

A10140A and A1014A09 are non gameking O/S they should be .zip files if you are installing them only when you have to do a full wipe.

igt_full_install6.5009A_GK0S.zip is a game king o/s

Did you have game king on your machine previously?

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2023, 12:42:49 PM »
If you remove a game by using the diagnostic key then you most likely will have to wipe safe storage and reenable all your games. you do NOT have to do a full wipe or a cabinet wipe. ALWAYS delete and install from the O/S > ekey in goto setup, game, manage packages to install and setup, game, manage packages, NEXT is where you delete. Always make sure the game is not enabled when you delete the package. These game files are registered in the NVRAM for security. Hopefully you just deleted a game and have to wipe safe storage. Usually your GCon games show up first in the list. If wiping safe storage does not work you may have to wipe and reinstall O/S then every game.  I know you were stuck and had to delete from the diagnostic screen so you will have to wipe NVRAM or safe storage. If you had a game king O/S then a lot of games are already installed with the game king O/S. if so you may have deleted a game that comes with the package.

Not having name of game in file will not make a difference as long as it is a .zip file. Are you sure it was a game and not a o/s ? what was the .zip file?

A10140A and A1014A09 are non gameking O/S they should be .zip files if you are installing them only when you have to do a full wipe.

igt_full_install6.5009A_GK0S.zip is a game king o/s

Did you have game king on your machine previously?

Not having name of game in file will not make a difference as long as it is a .zip file. Are you sure it was a game and not a o/s ? what was the .zip file? I am sure it was a game. It was in a folder with named game (dont remember name of game). When i opened folder the zip file showed but no name with zip file. It was after i loaded this unnamed zip file i got the "Safe Storage" error. Should have left things alone at that point.

Game King OS or non game king os - I dont know the difference. How do i tell? There are no Poker games on this machine but i assume i could add if i had enough storage space. On usb drive there is also igt_full_install GK 8-3R001GKA.zip.  i assume this is for the roulette os

I am totally lost how to proceed. Can you or someone check their OS file to make sure if the OS is named in parentheses like i noticed in games that loaded up properly. I hope you or someone can lead me in the right direction.

Thanks for your help

also, when i removed package i highlighted the very top item. when i moved it over it expanded to 3 rows in the remove item. Dont know if it matters or not

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 01:25:50 PM »
Ok so either way you WILL Have to wipe your safe storage or "NVRAM" because you deleted a game with the diagnostic key. There is absolutely no way to get around this. Honestly the machine should have said something as to "you must wipe your NVRAM or Safe Storage" because the game or whatever was deleted.

Once you do something like this there is no recovery. If it was a game and you deleted it, wiping your NVRAM and restarting will fix it and you then go into your O/S and enable the games again. You do NOT have to wipe your hard drive or cabinet memory in your diagnostic key menu.

If it was a system file there is no "putting it back" unless you wipe your hard drive and start over by installing the O/S

So first of all you need to put your ekey in and diagnostic key and delete whatever game package you loaded in.  If you do not know what "game" you put in you and you have them saved on your computer you can open Windows explorer and hover over the file and it should tell you what the game package is. SEE PICTURE BELOW.  Then delete that game file from the machine and wipe the NVRAM and start the machine. Hopefully with that game gone, and the NVRAM wiped, your machine will start and all you have to do is reenable the games from the menu  SETUP-GAMES-ENABLE/DISABLE by selecting the denom you want with the payback percentage and "ENABLE GAME" the green in the bottom left hand corner and then SAVE and do this for all the games on your drive.

so in other words if deleting this "game" and wiping NVRAM does not work, then you will have to wipe the hard drive completly and reinstall the O/S and all the games on the machine

GK8.3R is the gameking o/s software with Roulette.

Also when hovering over the name please note if it is a GAME014 or a GCON014 they are different.

EDIT:   Attached is my package list from the diagnostic menu.  The very first thing is the O/S so most likely you deleted the O/S and will have to wipe everything
            and start over I do not think you can just reinstall the O/S
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 01:54:53 PM by ChrisColumbus »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2023, 02:07:55 PM »
Going forward, you should only add/remove games using the the add packages menu item on the admin ekey menu under the setup tab.  It is IGT's recommended method since family 14 came out (if I remember correctly).  Using ekey and diagnostic should only be used to wipe nvram, cabinet, or the drive, or perform diagnostics.  You only install the OS using the boot with ekey and usb flash drive (unless you are installing the gamking 8.3r package from scratch).
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2023, 03:27:30 PM »
Ok so either way you WILL Have to wipe your safe storage or "NVRAM" because you deleted a game with the diagnostic key. There is absolutely no way to get around this. Honestly the machine should have said something as to "you must wipe your NVRAM or Safe Storage" because the game or whatever was deleted.

Once you do something like this there is no recovery. If it was a game and you deleted it, wiping your NVRAM and restarting will fix it and you then go into your O/S and enable the games again. You do NOT have to wipe your hard drive or cabinet memory in your diagnostic key menu.

If it was a system file there is no "putting it back" unless you wipe your hard drive and start over by installing the O/S

So first of all you need to put your ekey in and diagnostic key and delete whatever game package you loaded in.  If you do not know what "game" you put in you and you have them saved on your computer you can open Windows explorer and hover over the file and it should tell you what the game package is. SEE PICTURE BELOW.  Then delete that game file from the machine and wipe the NVRAM and start the machine. Hopefully with that game gone, and the NVRAM wiped, your machine will start and all you have to do is reenable the games from the menu  SETUP-GAMES-ENABLE/DISABLE by selecting the denom you want with the payback percentage and "ENABLE GAME" the green in the bottom left hand corner and then SAVE and do this for all the games on your drive.

so in other words if deleting this "game" and wiping NVRAM does not work, then you will have to wipe the hard drive completly and reinstall the O/S and all the games on the machine

GK8.3R is the gameking o/s software with Roulette.

Also when hovering over the name please note if it is a GAME014 or a GCON014 they are different.

EDIT:   Attached is my package list from the diagnostic menu.  The very first thing is the O/S so most likely you deleted the O/S and will have to wipe everything
            and start over I do not think you can just reinstall the O/S

Your photo with the packages is what i remember. I did indeed delete that very top one which you are saying is the OS.
With that said or cleared up you stated I likely cannot just re-install OS. I wonder if it would hurt anything to try? Sounds like i may be starting over anyways. If i try that I still am not sure what OS to try? (i have 2 of them with different#) I still think it is odd that when i click on the zip file for either one that both state the same thing igt_full_install.zip. This does not seem right. Should not the 2 different named OS be different zip files. This is what started this whole thing with incorrect or missing game name, I think...

Would you be able to verify which OS i need between the two I have and verify if folder (on your system) that zip is in, does indeed say something different than igt_full_install.zip. I think that is first thing to verify.

i appreciate your help with this. I am pretty lost at this point. I guess i will take a shot at trying to install OS before i wipe everything. I just need to know which OS and if my file is any good or needs to be named properly.

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2023, 03:41:11 PM »
Going forward, you should only add/remove games using the the add packages menu item on the admin ekey menu under the setup tab.  It is IGT's recommended method since family 14 came out (if I remember correctly).  Using ekey and diagnostic should only be used to wipe nvram, cabinet, or the drive, or perform diagnostics.  You only install the OS using the boot with ekey and usb flash drive (unless you are installing the gamking 8.3r package from scratch).

Thanks Rick
just so you know i did not try to load game with Ekey & Diagnostic. Next time i go to load games I will do as you state. Never had any issues previously loading games from boot with ekey and usb stick with zip files. The difference with this game that was loaded and created the issues was that it only showed igt_full_install.zip it did not have any thing else on the file. I had loaded at least 5 games in the two days previous. The difference was with those games / files loaded had other information on them like the name of game and numbers. I assume system did not know what to do with it so the "Safe Storage' thing came up. i should have stopped there and asked for help. Like a fool I did not and now have created big ol' headaches since i dont know how to proceed.

I really do appreciate all you guys that are willing to help out. At worst i re-do it all and learn how it all works and to watch things morer closely.

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2023, 03:42:10 PM »
unfortunately, I have no clue what o/s was on your machine. At this point it is a guessing game. Mind is 597 or B0C. I don’t know what number you had on your machine.  As for .zip files. It doesn’t matter what the are named as long as they are .zip files.  They may or may not have the description in the file name. If they are in your computer again you can hover over them and you will see a package and certificate name. As in mine ending in 597 which is the B0C o/s. They were updated periodically

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2023, 04:16:45 PM »
unfortunately, I have no clue what o/s was on your machine. At this point it is a guessing game. Mind is 597 or B0C. I don’t know what number you had on your machine.  As for .zip files. It doesn’t matter what the are named as long as they are .zip files.  They may or may not have the description in the file name. If they are in your computer again you can hover over them and you will see a package and certificate name. As in mine ending in 597 which is the B0C o/s. They were updated periodically
That sure seems odd. All the games are in their own folder. The name and numbers you can see at the bottom of folder however, when you open folder you get the zip file which is only igt_full_install.zip. Hovering mouse over this zip files does not reveal anything. All the other games i installed from zip file(s) had a game name and numbers. I am assuming the OS on my machine is one or the other of A1014A0A OR A1014A09 since the usb stick with games and other stuff came with machine

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2023, 04:55:04 PM »
That is because someone created a folder and put the actual zip file in the folder.  THE .zip file can be called  WHATEVERYOUWANTITTOBE.zip and it will install the program.  people name the zip file so it is easier to find HINCE what you are going through now! I would assume one of the loaders that came with your machine would be the O/S that was on it. I would try the one labeled A09 first.

and remember, just because someone stuck a file in a folder named "game" doesn't mean it is a game. I would NOT reinstall the file your tried to install!

If you look in the picture above my file are labeled as such IGT_Full_Install (GC014GWE3SDb02 - NAME OF GAME).zip  The files are just named so I know what the are.

My o/s are IGT_Full_Install (A1014A09 - operating sytem).zip  It's just to let me know what the file is. Not everyone does it that way. That way is easier to me. Some people created a folder with the description of contents and drop the .zip file in it. that way can cause errors as you can see because you really don't know what it truly is.

Depending on what windows you are using, you may not be able to hover over a .zip file and it show you the contents.

At this point you have no choice but to either reinstall the O/S without wiping the machine. I don't believe it will work. or wiping the machine and reinstalling

Put your ekey in along with your O/S loader and power on.  see what it says

Also what version of Windows are you using? if you have stuck your loaders into a windows based PC you may not be able to use them unless you remove the "system volume information" from the loader.  I just wrote up a topic about this called Removing the system volume information from a loader in this forum.   Also NEVER stick your EKey into a computer.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 05:49:19 PM by ChrisColumbus »

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2023, 06:29:33 PM »
That is because someone created a folder and put the actual zip file in the folder.  THE .zip file can be called  WHATEVERYOUWANTITTOBE.zip and it will install the program.  people name the zip file so it is easier to find HINCE what you are going through now! I would assume one of the loaders that came with your machine would be the O/S that was on it. I would try the one labeled A09 first.

and remember, just because someone stuck a file in a folder named "game" doesn't mean it is a game. I would NOT reinstall the file your tried to install!

If you look in the picture above my file are labeled as such IGT_Full_Install (GC014GWE3SDb02 - NAME OF GAME).zip  The files are just named so I know what the are.

My o/s are IGT_Full_Install (A1014A09 - operating sytem).zip  It's just to let me know what the file is. Not everyone does it that way. That way is easier to me. Some people created a folder with the description of contents and drop the .zip file in it. that way can cause errors as you can see because you really don't know what it truly is.

Depending on what windows you are using, you may not be able to hover over a .zip file and it show you the contents.

At this point you have no choice but to either reinstall the O/S without wiping the machine. I don't believe it will work. or wiping the machine and reinstalling

Put your ekey in along with your O/S loader and power on.  see what it says

Also what version of Windows are you using? if you have stuck your loaders into a windows based PC you may not be able to use them unless you remove the "system volume information" from the loader.  I just wrote up a topic about this called Removing the system volume information from a loader in this forum.   Also NEVER stick your EKey into a computer.

Thanks Chris, i see now you are obviously right about the file naming or not. It certainly makes sence to label the zip file even if its in a Named in a Folder. These zip files when i hover over them do Not say what they are. I use a
Mac only. Might they show on a pc?

Ok, so i load one of the OSs onto a usb. i put in Ekey and OS loader. It stated Hard drive seen how much space was used and space available. It shows the amout used. I assume the games that were installed are still installed. It seemed to load OS but hard to tell for sure. It did say job completed remove installer and it asked for something else to install. I did not have my phone to take a picture. Was not sure what to do so i removed loader then it asked to remove ekey and reboot.

The good new is that when i re-booted the 'No System Launcher Is not Found Or Determined' is now gone!!! It now goes to the initial message "Storage Authucation Failed" Ok, so now i am back to what the initial issue was before i went messing around and F it up. Not sure if i am out of the woods yet but things are a little different now.

With that being said I am not sure where to go. I am assuming i need the ekey & Diagnostic and try to track down this bad file i installed. I did this once and F it up. I was not able to see the file i installed that started all of this. I will try to find what file this was (on my mac) to see if i can come up with a number for it since the zip file was not labeled.

Please let me know if you have another route i should take from what i stated above. Thank you for the help. You certainly have opened my eyes to watch things very close.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal