New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT AVP: Button Panel no Power?  (Read 1733 times)

Offline sakwilla

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • sakwilla New User barely matters.sakwilla New User barely matters.
  • NLG
IGT AVP: Button Panel no Power?
« on: May 20, 2023, 08:03:05 PM »
Hi all,

I have a button on my IGT G23 which was blinking when I played and decided to turn the machine off, replace the button with some spares and power back on.
Now there is no power to any of the buttons - nothing comes up during boot and they all stay off when the machine loads.

It comes up with two button tilts - photo attached

I have replaced the hdmi checked the usbs is there anything else I can do?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT AVP: Button Panel no Power?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2023, 08:58:53 PM »
Looks like the spare button you installed may be bad or the connector isn't seated correctly.  Try a different button or the original one you replaced and see if it works as it should.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2023, 09:22:31 PM »
Yeh tried the original again and tried several of the others. If the button was bad then the rest would power up normally except that one but all the buttons have no power?

COuld it be a fuse? Tried hdmis etc and no idea what to do :(

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 09:22:58 PM »
Im happy to paypal money to anyone who can help as not in the USA! :(

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2023, 09:36:06 PM »
I'm not sure about that.  Since the machine has a button tilt I'd expect all of them to be out until the tilt is resolved.  The first error message shows "button disconnected", and that's why I thought maybe you had a bad button or it wasn't seated correctly.  Check the ribbon cable going to the button, they are somewhat fragile from what I understand and can be damaged fairly easily. I've never had to replace a button on my G23 so I don't have any personal experience replacing one.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2023, 09:51:59 PM »
Thanks for your help, the ribbon cable doesnt supply the power its the hdmi to the board. Regardless if there is a button issue having no power is the first problem i have to fix. Im not an expert and really dont know what to do to get power back before i sort the ribbons :( Ugh!

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2023, 02:31:28 AM »
My suggestion is to clear the machine and start over.  First error is the ribbon cable connection.  Second error is a software error?  Clear the slot using diagnostic dongle making sure you do not erase the HD.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2023, 03:59:50 AM »
Thanks, already tried that and doesnt clear the error. There is no power to the buttons which is what im trying to fix. Thanks though :)

Offline ChrisColumbus

• Reputation Power: 24
  • ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2023, 06:01:08 AM »
Is the blackfin board on? does it have power and flashing lights? the orange light on the Blackfin will correspond to the small 3.3 volt board that the HDMI cable is connected to. The 3.3v board has dip switches that tells the machine which button panel you are using like which style 10 button or 14 button. The orange light on the blackfin will correspond to the dip switch setting on the 3.3v board. There are only a few parts that it could be. If NO power is on the buttons either the 3.3v board is not connected well to the ribbon cable to supply power to the buttons or when you were changing the button you damaged the ribbon cable. The ribbon cable that your button plugs into DOES supply the power to the buttons from the 3.3v board. It is where the HDMI cable plugs into as well as the ribbon cable.

The reason you have 2 errors is because well of course you do not have power going to the buttons. so you get a button panel tilt. The second error is because the machine is looking for a certain type of button panel and of course it is not there. If you fix the power problem the 2nd tilt should automatically fix itself once the machine see it does have the correct button panel. 

Either the 3.3 volt board is bad, the ribbon cable came loose from from it or the ribbon cable is damaged or buttons is not fully seated on it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 06:35:41 AM by ChrisColumbus »

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2023, 06:05:47 AM »
If you have a 14 button panel I would suggest

dip switch positions
1 on
2 on
3 off
4 off
5 off
6 off

This allows the machine to control the button panel itself.

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2023, 06:25:42 AM »
here you go

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2023, 02:52:27 PM »
Thanks Chris, I tried  the board and ribbon cable from this machine with my other g23 and both worked so it’s not the ribbon or board, really frustrating as out of ideas of what to do. Thanks for your suggestions though

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2023, 06:05:08 PM »
Thanks Chris, I tried  the board and ribbon cable from this machine with my other g23 and both worked so it’s not the ribbon or board, really frustrating as out of ideas of what to do. Thanks for your suggestions though

So does the blackfin have power?

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2023, 06:52:59 PM »
Sorry Chris, what is the blackfin controller? Im not very tech savvy but happy to post photos! I appreciate your help :)

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2023, 06:58:08 PM »
Is this what you mean? I have an IGT G23 machine

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2023, 10:56:24 PM »
sorry I didnt even see g23. my bad..Im thinking you had a g20. I saw g23 and just kept thinking g20. I am not sure. I have not done anything wiring wise with a g23.  I believe the HDMI runs directly to the backplane and the cabinet controller has the controller built in.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 12:44:19 AM by ChrisColumbus »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal