New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: "Printer not available" but prints tests fine  (Read 1086 times)

Offline jonbbrew

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
"Printer not available" but prints tests fine
« on: May 26, 2023, 07:14:00 PM »
Hello all,

I thought i should start a new thread as i was able to get all that i needed, etc. to add a printer, and tito. My issue is i went through the Key chip process several times, customized the tickets even, printed tests beautifully, even set up split play....and yet, when cashing out it always states "Printer not available".....What do i do next?
How about throwing me some positive KARMA love by clicking on the left!

Offline ChrisColumbus

• Reputation Power: 24
  • ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: "Printer not available" but prints tests fine
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 07:17:39 PM »
I read your other post and if i remember correctly you install and in the keychip menu you still have to do something like a "netplex test" or something like that. it actually finds the printer. It is the same with a spectrum display. The machine will not see the netplex device until this step is done. I think it may be called netplex download

Offline jonbbrew

• jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 07:20:33 PM »
I read your other post and if i remember correctly you install and in the keychip menu you still have to do something like a "netplex test" or something like that. it actually finds the printer. It is the same with a spectrum display. The machine will not see the netplex device until this step is done. I think it may be called netplex download
Interesting I did see that setting, but I saw that nowhere mentioned in any Tito or printer installation instructions. Do I have to key chip to get to that setting as I don’t know what number that would be but I do remember seeing it.

Plus, it does do an output test through the settings that will print the customize ticket so that confuses me as it was seeing it doesn’t know where it is.

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 07:21:23 PM »
Try without keychip and going to 3.5.1 and see if that is netplex download

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2023, 07:22:27 PM »
setting up tito would mean the printer would already be installed. that is why it is not in there

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2023, 07:28:51 PM »
IT may be 4.3 in the operator mode. Just press the test switch without the keychip.  I know the machine will NOT use the device until this step is done with the device installed

« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 07:47:40 PM by ChrisColumbus »

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2023, 07:58:55 PM »
IT may be 4.3 in the operator mode. Just press the test switch without the keychip.  I know the machine will NOT use the device until this step is done with the device installed

It showed that the printer was installed. Followed what you said. And now it says “printer non-volatile data error.”

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2023, 08:02:15 PM »

It showed that the printer was installed. Followed what you said. And now it says “printer non-volatile data error.”

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=33199.0

where did you get the printer? hopefully the printer is not bad. check out that post

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=23312.60 and this one..

Hopefully your printer was flashed for an s2000. They use this style printer in a few cabinets. must have the correct firmware flashed on it to use in a s2000

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2023, 08:08:33 PM »
Changed the netplex plug to the #2 one. Got rid of error but still showing not available. Again Printa great from test.

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2023, 08:09:30 PM »
did you do the netplex download auto configure after you reattached it? is the printer flashed for s2000?

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2023, 08:14:06 PM »
Check out this post also. maybe a security problem

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=62.0

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2023, 08:21:58 PM »
did you do the netplex download auto configure after you reattached it? is the printer flashed for s2000?
Yes

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2023, 08:58:47 PM »
stop installing TITO and get printer working and know it works before you install TITO. This narrows down what the issue is.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2023, 09:02:24 PM »
stop installing TITO and get printer working and know it works before you install TITO. This narrows down what the issue is.
Can’t really stop. It’s all in.

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2023, 09:27:02 PM »
Ok well without narrowing the issue I don't know how you will figure out what part is not working. Good luck

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2023, 10:46:06 PM »
Ok well without narrowing the issue I don't know how you will figure out what part is not working. Good luck

So you are saying to remove Tito and start over? Or?

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2023, 08:23:45 AM »
What model printer?

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2023, 09:49:47 AM »
What model printer?

does this help?

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2023, 10:16:09 AM »

i dont see the same security entries. Plus the Tito instructions want SAS where it looks like changing the security settings changes from SAS whatever that is.

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2023, 11:35:12 AM »

i dont see the same security entries. Plus the Tito instructions want SAS where it looks like changing the security settings changes from SAS whatever that is.

What I am telling you is TITO works with the Ticket printer and the Bill Validator, You need to make sure BOTH of them are working properly BEFORE you install TITO. Without knowing they are both functioning BEFORE it is going to be hard to tell if the printer is good or bad. who knows. If they are both working before you install the TITO system it makes this so much easier with setting up the menu for TITO. Without TITO installed and the printer installed correctly you should be able to cash out and get a ticket. THEN INSTALL TITO and set it up

Also your inbox is full. Send me your email addy
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 11:50:23 AM by ChrisColumbus »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal