New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: No video when changing a Game King from an 3902 to a 044.  (Read 18946 times)

Offline bpracer

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
No video when changing a Game King from an 3902 to a 044.
« on: September 27, 2015, 05:32:52 PM »
No video when changing from an 3902 to a 044.

Would like to change my Game King from an 3902 to an 044.

I have the mother board and CPU with game flash.

I get video on the 3902 but not when switched to the 044, no video at all, nothing with the key chip.

Is there something I’m missing here??  Is there anything else that needs to be changed?

Edited to add here is the fix:

IGT 044 Image Fix from Ceronix

When you turn on your IGT game with an 044 gameboard and you get no image:

1.   Press the Menu button on the monitor.  The OSD Menu will appear on the screen
2.   Press the Select button 3 times and the blue portion of the OSD will say ON.
3.   Press the Up or Down, the blue portion will now say OFF and you should have a game image on the screen.
4.   Press the menu button 2 times to exit the OSD menu.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 04:09:15 PM by bpracer »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: No video when changing a Game King from an 039 to a 044.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 06:16:39 PM »
any lights that are blinking on the mpu board. If you have the 044 mpu board that has the green varta battery, and it not holding enough of a charge, it will not give you video until it has enough charge, but you also get the some blinking lights on the mpu board if I'm remembering correctly.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline bpracer

• bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 06:25:53 PM »
any lights that are blinking on the mpu board. If you have the 044 mpu board that has the green varta battery, and it not holding enough of a charge, it will not give you video until it has enough charge, but you also get the some blinking lights on the mpu board if I'm remembering correctly.

Both MPU boards have the green varta battery.

Far left is blinking red, the others are solid amber and green.

Leave the machine on to charge the battery and test? 

About how long would it take to get a charge into it?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 06:51:43 PM »
Yeah blinking red light is bad battery.  It depends how discharged the battery is.  I would give it a couple of hours to see if it comes to life.  Check the battery with a meter to see if you are getting 3.6 volts after the couple of hours.  You will need to power down and power up.  Once you get that tilt, the game will not recover without a power cycle.

You should be using key28, if you are not, it will be an issue as well.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline caffey

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • caffey New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 05:15:57 AM »
If you have a LCD Ceronix monitor this was my
fix when I switched from 3902 to 044 board
and no video. It may work for other monitors as well.

John

Mod Note: Removed dead link
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 02:44:22 PM by Tilt »

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 06:41:29 AM »
Make sure your clear chip and/or boot chip are not in backwards.  I did this yesterday when trying to clear and had all lights on the MPU with a blinking red.  No video either.  Check cable connections to the motherboard as well.

Mine do NOT have the Varta batteries.

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline bpracer

• NLG
Re: No video when changing a Game King from an 3902 to a 044.
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 01:48:29 PM »
Chips are in correctly.

Make sure your clear chip and/or boot chip are not in backwards.  I did this yesterday when trying to clear and had all lights on the MPU with a blinking red.  No video either.  Check cable connections to the motherboard as well.

Mine do NOT have the Varta batteries.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline bpracer

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 01:51:24 PM »
If you have a LCD Ceronix monitor this was my
fix when I switched from 3902 to 044 board
and no video. It may work for other monitors as well.

John

Mod Note: Dead link removed

John,  I can't find your post and I can't access your link.

Please post or email the details.

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 02:45:07 PM by Tilt »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 02:36:18 PM »
Did you test the green battery to see if you have good voltage?

Offline caffey

• Reputation Power: 3
  • caffey New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 02:57:40 PM »
Bpracer sent you an email with a screen shot.
Which I tried but could not post here.

The file was sent to me by Ceronix.

John

Offline bpracer

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 03:20:21 PM »
Bpracer sent you an email with a screen shot.
Which I tried but could not post here.

The file was sent to me by Ceronix.

John

Yes, that took care of it, THANK YOU!

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 03:52:48 PM »
Do share!  :)

Jason

Offline bpracer

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 04:08:49 PM »
Thanks to John for the fix, here it is:

IGT 044 Image Fix from Ceronix

When you turn on your IGT game with an 044 gameboard and you get no image:

1.   Press the Menu button on the monitor.  The OSD Menu will appear on the screen
2.   Press the Select button 3 times and the blue portion of the OSD will say ON.
3.   Press the Up or Down, the blue portion will now say OFF and you should have a game image on the screen.
4.   Press the menu button 2 times to exit the OSD menu.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 04:30:15 PM »
Made this sticky to help others that may be thinking they have a bad board.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 02:21:29 PM »
What fixed the blinking red light on the MPU board, charging it for awhile?  If it's blinking it means the MPU is not booting.  Changing a monitor setting wouldn't fix that problem.

Offline bpracer

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2015, 02:30:24 PM »
What fixed the blinking red light on the MPU board, charging it for awhile?  If it's blinking it means the MPU is not booting.  Changing a monitor setting wouldn't fix that problem.

There was no detection of the monitor and it was not booting.

I changed the setting and cycled the power and it booted fine.

Maybe I had it on long enough to charge the battery if that was part of the issue?

Offline flexonguy

• Reputation Power: 2
  • flexonguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2023, 06:27:20 PM »
Ok new to this forum.  But as soon as I repair my power supply I may want to upgrade my board From a Game King 3902 to an 044. So as a newbie to Game KIng 19" upright what would this upgrade provide me?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal