**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Other Video Games

P&M Coin Keno: this one won't be easy!

(1/5) > >>

SolidSilver:
Just acquired this machine today: only 50 bucks, but 350 miles RT.
This will be my "challenge" for the summer :)
It's a dedicated Keno machine, pre-touchscreen with a light-pen.
Very very well built, clearly a quality product; and quite clean inside, not abused
Unfortunately, P&M Coin machines are rare, and there's virtually no support or spare parts around.

Funny thing, it has exactly the same issue as several Fortune and IGT Keno machines on this forum:
a clear, sharp, bright screen with scrambled images: looks like the machine is trying to output
2 or 3 different screens at the same time. I will try to track down those others on the old site,
to see if/how they fixed theirs.

In the meantime, does anyone know how to reset a P&M Coin machine? Or recognize this problem?

(My grand daughter says I need a can of SprayFix...)

SolidSilver:
More pics

jay:
It looks like one of the graphic chips is bad.
Is there any consistency between what is displayed well and what isn't.

SolidSilver:
Jay, since I have no clue what is supposed to be displayed, it's difficult to determine what's wrong :Crazy:
Looks to me like it's showing multiple screens. I see things like credits, payoffs, and Insert Coins, typical of a "start"
screen; but I also see much of the "pick your numbers" screen, and some stuff that looks like Arabic!
But everything is displayed clearly and sharply. I'm a mechanical engineer, but I would guess the screen is showing
what it's being sent, and that what it's being sent is correct; but the machine's brain is somewhat scrambled so it
is sending out confusion. At my age, I can totally relate! :rotfl:

Paul:
You can start by checking the battery to see if
it has the correct voltage and then try to force a reset.

Post a picture of the main board and some one may see
some thing to help you get it going.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version