New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Shipping a slot machine?  (Read 10623 times)

Offline bpracer

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Shipping a slot machine?
« on: November 29, 2015, 01:34:48 PM »
I know there are companies that will come and pick up a machine with no hassle to the shipping party.

Does anyone know what companies will do this and do you have any contact information?

Has anyone had any experiences shipping this way?

Thanks,
Bryan

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: Shipping a slot machine?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 02:22:15 PM »
We need Mvco to chime in here, but Inbelieve Mayflower Moving does it. Most of the moving companies do, I believe.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 03:08:58 PM »
Moving companies are expensive BUT - when  you weigh their price vs your vulnerability of loss by using trucking companies - and that the moving company usually brings inside - probably well worth it. 

Offline mvco

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 07:11:39 AM »
North American Van Lines offers this service through the Specialized Transportation division.  They do a great job, have used them dozens of times.  I am at the wrong computer, the phone number is at the office or I would post it now.  Michelle is our broker, I will try to remember to post her direct phone number later.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 09:30:05 AM »
MVCO

Please do find and post the information for the moving company.  I am hopeful that I will be getting a Slot Machine from Roz at CV Slots that has to travel a mighty long way safely.  I have has 3 games shipped to me over the years with VERY mixed results.

Thanks so much

Ra

Offline mvco

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 12:46:14 PM »
You may as well buy another machine from Roz as you can ship two machines for the price of one.  ;-)

Here is the contact for Michelle.  She specializes in the shipment of coin operated games.  630 352 3312 direct line to her desk.  They have always done a great job fetching slots and hauling them here. 

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 01:05:47 PM »
You may as well buy another machine from Roz as you can ship two machines for the price of one.  ;-)

I definitely have more available! Good idea Bill! :24: :24: :24:

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 09:29:38 PM »
Hey you left coast folks are ganging up on poor little me!  I would buy two machines from an honorable person like Roz in a heartbeat IF i had the space to put them.  As it is now one of my EM 873's has to go if I get just one from her and her husband.

When you say picking up and hauling Bill do they crate or secure the games to a pallet also or is that on the sender?  The last two games that I got shipped from the Arizona area got the JFK terminal for under $200 air freight.  The company was pilot freight services.  One arrived jostled around pretty badly.  Water under the bridge.  I will write down the number for your contact for sure.  Standing by for pictures Roz.

Stay well all
Ra

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 10:34:03 PM »
BPracer, have we you received your answer, or did our hijack leave you with nothing? I'm sorry for the hijack...it was not intended at all...promise.. :no:

Offline bpracer

• Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 04:57:22 AM »
BPracer, have we you received your answer, or did our hijack leave you with nothing? I'm sorry for the hijack...it was not intended at all...promise.. :no:

No problem, I was looking for options and I believe I know more now!  :thank_you:

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 05:24:46 AM »
you mention PILOT AIR - they are one of the worse trucking companies!!! -   Dealers I know have the same shipping concerns - namely - trucking companies will not insure USED EQUIPMENT.  Go with a moving company or find 3rd party insurance. 

Offline mvco

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 07:04:05 AM »
North American sends two men, and they simply shrink wrap and blanket the machines, and load them up.  Sometimes they pallet them when they get to the terminal.  Either way, dozens of shipments, and nothing broken yet.  :-)  What is nice, no shipping preperation is needed at the pick up location, they do it all.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 07:18:24 AM »
MVCO

Dozens of safe shipments sounds good to me.  I know distance plays a part in the whole thing however any examples of cross country rates for the average 200 pound game?

Ra

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 10:20:16 AM »
what kind of rates do they charge?  insured?

Offline mvco

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 03:55:55 PM »
All shipments are insured to 1500.00.  Beyond that, you have to buy additional Insurance.  For cross country, I am guessing 450-480.00, which would ship one or two machines.  But just give Michelle a call, she can tell you quickly what it would cost.  Yes, more expensive, but it's a full door to door to door shipping and packing deal.  :-)

I just called Michelle this morning, need two rather large 500 pound Punching Bag arcade machines coast to coast.  the cost is 580.00 due to the additional weight.  Standard weight without upcharge is 650 pounds with them.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 04:37:05 PM »
truck companies charge up to $100 extra for residential delivery - and that is only to the curb - so with the white glove service - it is well worth the price - now to get the customer to buy off on it.  thank you.

Offline junkyardjockey

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • junkyardjockey New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2019, 08:18:44 AM »
does anyone have an approx. weight & dimensions for a WMS 550 "money groove' video slot? I have someone interested in mine & need to get a shipping estimate. Thanks in advance!
Ken

Offline Mr.Slots

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Mr.Slots New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2019, 09:02:00 AM »
Hello, what type of monitor does it have ? Crt monitor ? i believe depending on the monitor it can be at around 250lbs... im not sure about exact dimensions.

Cheers

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2019, 04:27:07 AM »
Since this is a problem for so many of us I looked back in my records and found a slot shipper,  Michelle. 630 352-3312

The phone number is about 5 years old. Who knows if she still works there. I believe that she is a shipping broker.   A middle person between you and the actual shipping company.   If I  recall correctly,  and that is a big if, she helped me get an IGT Fortune 1 game from Vegas to NY. I had to pick the machine up from the ground shippers local hub which was about a 40 mile drive away. The game was crated by my good buddy rdaniel on this forum and it arrived on time safe and sound. 

My attempt to assist.
Ra

Fixed tiny font issue. -knagl
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 01:18:51 PM by knagl »

Offline mvco

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2019, 07:31:37 AM »
Michelle is still the best contact for full service shipping and packing.  630 352 3312 direct line.  They just dropped off my new toy Friday, a coin op Watling Penny Scale.  :-)  About 100 moves over the last 25 years, only damage one time.  They bent a leg on a Pinball.  Love this full service!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal