Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming** > LCD and CRT Monitor Repair Tech Support

Strangest IGT LCD Touch Screen Quirk!!!

(1/4) > >>

Matt411:
This problem just recently started. I have an IGT game kind 6.2, with newer LCD monitor installed... not sure which brand.

The strangest thing happens... if I stand up and play the machine, the touch screen doesn't work... I have to sit on my chair and my feet can't touch the ground... yes this is really happening to me!!! The machine is on a wood stand and there are some magazines under the machine to prop it up so it's not sitting on the power cord. I haven't had this issue until just recently. Even tried standing up with shoes on... still nothing.

I've tried everything from calibration to switching outlets + surge protectors.

I'm assuming this has something to do with a ground issue. I did notice some of the black tape around the touchscreen when I open the machine is starting to peel up... could that be the case? What is the purpose of that tape anyway?

The outlets in this room in the wall are 2 prong but I plug the surge protector in using a 3 - 2 prong converter then plug the machine's 3 prong cable into the surge protector... this has worked ok until just recently.

Again, when I sit on my stool with my feet not touching the carpet the screen works like a charm. BUT, if I stand up... and I have a hand touching the metal cabinet then the screen.... the screen works, screen doesn't work when I just use 1 hand touching only the LCD.

Any suggestions on what this weird issue could be? ???

Here's some photos:

buybestslots:
loose ground,  should also  use a grounded  outlet imo

BettorSlots:
I've run into this problem before and might have a solution depending on if you have the same conditions.  First off can you confirm whether your LCD is mounted in a frame and sitting on the shelf of the machine, or is it a door hung type where it is anchored right to the door opening bezel?

Matt411:
I've added some photos to my original post. The monitor is mounted on some metal frame inside the machine.

Also, if it is a loose ground wire... where would this wire be?

BettorSlots:
Proceed as follows...

Boot your machine up so the game is ready to play.  Leave the main door open and pull out the two cherry switches just to the right of the monitor so they click in the out position thus tricking the machine into thinking the door is closed.  While the door is open now...confirm the game is playing as normal....press some bet buttons.  Then proceed to touch the screen standing, sitting, doing a jig, or doing a head stand.  Let me know if it now works consistently regardless. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version