Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors > Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors
Coin Comparitor Issues
<< < (2/3) > >>
Stayouttadabunker:
That coin encoder is not made for nickels.
It's made for larger coins....even a quarter will miss one of the optical beams.
You need an encoder that has the molded plastic guide to push the nickels to the left as they fall thru the optic beams.

Look at these photos.
Especially the last one on the bottom I've attached to this Reply.
You can learly see that even a quarter may not pass the holes but a nickel might -if you have the guide.

Click on any photo to enlarge...you maynotice that I resize the pictures on one side to be as large as 1000kb.
When you double-click on them, they get so large you can actually read the numbers molded onto the encoders...>>>
Stayouttadabunker:
Good job cleaning....clean the holes too and put the ABC optic board back together.
You can test the coin-in optics for operation by doing the "Popsicle" input test.

You basically open the door, press the little white Test button until you see a [10-1] in the Winner Paid window on your display.
From there, you take off the coin comparitor, stick something like a popsicle stick or folded peice of paper down into the coin encoder to block the infrared light beams to change the "1" to a "0"....that would mean the top "A" optic is good.

To check the middle "B" optic, turn the Jkpt/Key once to change the [10-1] to a [11-1].
Sticking a popsicle stick down in there blocking the middle light beam and making the "1" turn to a zero means the "B" optic is good.

Now, turn the Jkpt key again once, to change the [11-1] to a [12-1].
This is for checking the bottom "C" optic.
Stickng a popsicle stick down there should change the [12-1] to a [12-0] - signifying that the "C" optic is functioning.
Good luck testing... :)

Here's a link to a short video I just made for you...>>>

https://youtu.be/sLVPuNBpIJE?si=65nIxSRbetMBnlNK

Click on the screenshot below I saved to enlarge it enough to read...>>>
Gasman:

--- Quote from: Stayouttadabunker on April 02, 2024, 08:11:33 PM ---That coin encoder is not made for nickels.
It's made for larger coins....even a quarter will miss one of the optical beams.
You need an encoder that has the molded plastic guide to push the nickels to the left as they fall thru the optic beams.

Look at these photos.
Especially the last one on the bottom I've attached to this Reply.
You can learly see that even a quarter may not pass the holes but a nickel might -if you have the guide.

Click on any photo to enlarge...you maynotice that I resize the pictures on one side to be as large as 1000kb.
When you double-click on them, they get so large you can actually read the numbers molded onto the encoders...>>>

--- End quote ---

Here is the guide that's in it.....
Gasman:
Thanks for the video!  #10 is not changing but, 11 and 12 are.  Apparently I need to find a receiver for the little board.

Jim:
remove the small surface mounted transistor labeled Q2, not any of the black IR devices. this should solve your issue.

Hope this helps

Jim 
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442