**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Universal Reel/Video Games
First Slot Machines Owned - Universal "Crown Jewels" and bringing back to life!
<< < (2/2)
UNIMAN:
Hmmmmm, that comparitor sure is something special. Maybe you could take it out and show a pic of the backside. Should just pop out by releasing the top two pins.

Below the comparitor are two grey optics. They look like the wrong optics, too small. Door optics are that size and the coin optics should be bigger. Check out this pic;
 https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=38103.0;attach=118187;image   The coin optics much longer.

Who ever rigged those optics may have gotten them to work with dollar tokens, but quarters? Not gonna work.

Assume you have a hopper?????

Universal wires are color coded, grey, white, and black should be 110v ac, used for flouresent lighting mainly. Those other wires not so sure what they are for??

Here is the first step I would do. See if those rigged coin optics work;
Remove the comparitor. Unplug it too.
With machine on, door open, put a piece of electrical tape in the door optic. Optics little red led should come on. Then pull out on the white switch at top right of machine where top right of door closes. If there are two switches pull them both out ( only one actually used) The switches lock when pulled out and this is same as pushed in. Now the mpu should be fooled into thinking the door is closed and locked. --Incert coin light should be flashing-- Now drop a coin above those optics, let it drop through and you should see both optics blink their leds as the coin passes. Be careful, you must drop the coin and not slow it down, this will create an error. The coin must freefall through both optics. If a quarter doesn't work you may need to find a dollar sized coin or token.
If the optics work (machine will register a coin incerted) then you need to figure out that rigged comparitor or get a CC-16d. By the way, that wiring harness to your comparitor does not fit a CC16d so you may need to rig that.
And one more thing. Your comparitor and the holder it sits in looks wide. Universal did make wide comparitor holders for big $5 tokens on up. I could be wrong, maybe those small optics make it look wide. Not sure.
UNIMAN:
If you like, PM me with a email address and I will send you the Universal manual in pdf.
Mazzone:
Skater and Uniman, thank you so much for your help. Also, sorry for the delay as I haven't had time to work on it.
So I went back to the machine and started looking at what you had mentioned. I saw that the wiring went up into the door, into the main door harness, and into a molex plug. To me, it looked either factory , or someone had changed it out and went the extra mile to make sure it looked 100%.
Then I looked again and found out that I am a  BIG DUMMY - this is a 1$ machine.

So next I ordered a bunch of 1$ tokens and they came in. Machine accepted the tokens and the reels spun! bar bar double bar (or similar) on first spin. The handle felt good and the reels looked to be operating properly. The bell went off, and  Afterwards the tilt light was flashing and the hopper empty code came up. I used the jackpot reset key on the cabinet side, but didn't allow me to spin again. I then reset the cpu again and filled the hopper. Still not letting me spin (insert coin light not flashing).
I will mess with it some more and read through the manual and try to troubleshoot myself. I don't want to waster your time before I try to go though the basics.

I did notice that there was no spin music, I am assuming there is supposed to be on this unit? The volume is up and you can here white noise coming through the speaker. There is also a tone or sound that happens when reseting the unit. I assume that this means hopefully the sound board or amp is working.

Another question that I had is before I try to do some basic troubleshooting, I sent more pictures of the unknown wiring. To me it looks like there was some kind of adaptor harness that was installed that connects to the 1$ hopper. The black and white wires that you mentioned may be for some lighting, however, it appears that all of the tubes are lighting up properly. The blue wire coming out of that harness connect to a small jumper harness with plugs on each end. Inside that jumper I have Orange,blue,green,yellow.

Thank you again for your help and I will post back with an update!
UNIMAN:
Have no idea what the extra wiring is for.
You should have sound when a coin is accepted. Some older versions do not have spin sound. You should have error sound too like when door is open.
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version