**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Universal Reel/Video Games
Universal Classic - Black Cat - No Power - Please Help
(1/2) > >>
NZSOMA:
Hi all,
Very new to this and would appreciate any help. I've bought an 80s machine that lights up but has no power on the board. I'd like to get it going for my brother as a Christmas gift. I'm in NZ.

Universal Black Cat 1988 3 wheel - Australia - 10c
No key for the main door so doesn't latch.
No key for the two locks on the side stating reset
The sticker on the side says: No IA23964

Mainboard states:
FM40X1AA-JA
151-860106
(151-862183)
NEC 14

:wave:
John

shortrackskater:
Hi John
Welcome to the forum!  :wave:
One of our members should chime in soon to help.

For future posts, PLEASE use the NLG link below that says "Attachments and other options." Reason being is that offsite images always will vanish over time. We like to keep photos up here for future members that may have similar machines. I'll change yours at some point so don't worry about it for this time.
NZSOMA:

--- Quote from: shortrackskater on November 22, 2023, 05:33:43 PM ---Hi John
Welcome to the forum!  :wave:
One of our members should chime in soon to help.

For future posts, PLEASE use the NLG link below that says "Attachments and other options." Reason being is that offsite images always will vanish over time. We like to keep photos up here for future members that may have similar machines. I'll change yours at some point so don't worry about it for this time.

--- End quote ---

Okay, no problems. I wasn't sure about the attachment option. Cheers
shortrackskater:
They look great too!
I wish the hosted images would stay, but... they're always temporary it seems. I've found great posts with attached photos that I needed for my own stuff, then clicked on a link only to get that "we looked and looked but there's nothing..." notice!  :hissyfit:

We've got Thanksgiving tomorrow but hold tight and someone should step in here.
Pitts256:
Hi John,

We'll see what we can do. My resources are extremely limited for the model you have. We'll have to see if Uniman has any info he can pull from the archives.

Let's  get started;

1) With the power off check the four fuses on the power supply just to the left of the coin hopper.

2) When powered up the fluorescent lights are on so there's 120v to the power supply. On the backside of the door just below the MAKA coin comparitor there are three red LED's, are they lit? On the frontside of the door is the 10 cent decal lit up, bulb okay?

3) With the power on and the door shut do the 10 cent coins drop to the tray or into the coin hopper?

4) When you power up are there any noises from solenoids or the speaker?

Let me know, thx.

Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version