**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Universal Reel/Video Games
help getting inherited Universal stars and stripes going
(1/5) > >>
Ewest155:
Hello all, been lurking this cool forum trying to learn to get our Universal stars and stripes slot working again. Long and short of it is this machine was inherited from my wife's Grandfather and she used to play it as a child when visiting.

Machine:

Universal Stars and Stripes 25Cent, does not appear to be an Ultra model.
power bar appears to be the Yellow Dot based on the 24 V at pin 6/12
MPU board is the 8116-A2

Machine front panel lights up as in the pics when powered up. Nothing else seems to operate.
Coins fall straight out to the tray every time.
Shows error code 32 inside the door panel (hopper jam).

I have taken the hopper out to check for jam-found none
Tried to reset by pressing the button on the MPU when powering up- didn't work. In fact no sound or anything happened.
Took the board out and the battery does not appear to have leaked and to my eyes board looks clean.
Ensured board connection was tight when placed back in machine, reset again, no luck.

Coin Mech? not sure if i'm just missing a comparitor or if this is how this machine is supposed to be?
No win/credit/coins played numbers displayed.

Any assisstance on what to check or do would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to get the machine going. (Sentimental Value)

I have more pic I can post if needed.

Thank you
Erik
gooch:
Hello:
I am just your basic novice, but there doesn't appear to be a coin in the coin comparator?
slcjeeper:

--- Quote from: gooch on December 17, 2023, 02:55:53 PM ---Hello:
I am just your basic novice, but there doesn't appear to be a coin in the coin comparator?

--- End quote ---
This machine has a Coin Mech and not a Coin Comparator, so no sample coin neede.

Ewest155, have you verified the battery is good?
Ewest155:
I have not verified the battery is good. Feels dumb now that I didn’t think of that first.
I will test and post results shortly.

Thanks
UNIMAN:
You say it shows error code 32. That is displayed on the WIN METER, right?
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version