New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Ram Cracked and then Ram Corrupt  (Read 987 times)

Offline vashadow

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • vashadow New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Ram Cracked and then Ram Corrupt
« on: July 12, 2022, 03:06:04 PM »
So I have an ARUZE INNOVATOR GENX unit with a few games, and everyone reports these RAM CRACKED, and after ram clear it reports RAM CORRUPT.

Replaced:
CPU (CPU was cooked off, a fan died)
CPU Fan (died)
RAM (Twice, two different new sets)
Two Caps on the GMem board
GMem IDE ribbon cable
GMem cartridge games (I have three now, and two more coming)
All four batties (twice). (yes my unit only has four batteries, two in security cage and two behind wheels)

Ran ram clear so many times now I can't even count. Each time I get into the game and clear all the normal tilts only to have the "RAM CORRUPT" tilt pop seconds after closing the door. 

1) Turn on the unit, and after boot, it gets to the self-test screen, and you see a BACKUP RAM CRACKED error.
2) This error can be "FIXED" by running through a normal operator key-based ram reset.
3) After RAM Reset the unit will boot into the game and show TILTs for the security cage and main door.
4) secure the cage
5) secure the main door
6) seconds later "RAM CORRUPTED", call attendant, tilt pops on screen
7) Rince and repeat over and over, same result

I have tried everything I can find anywhere on the web. It's baffling how little there is about these machines. Most say you much RAM CLEAR.  well, that's helpful if I only had a RAM CRACKED issue, but as it is I seem to be in an endless loop of frustration.

I have replaced, cleaned, and tweeked everything I can think of, and I am still getting this error. Errors with no context drive me nuts.
I have also gone through a ram clear and a full setup and save. Then reboot as instructed only to be back at the RAM CRACKED error.

:banghead:  Dose anyone has any ideas or next steps to try?  Does anyone have a new or working gmem board I can purchase?  (finding parts is a nightmare)   :banghead:

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Slotman New User barely matters.Slotman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Ram Cracked and then Ram Corrupt
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 05:20:20 PM »
When you say two batteries in the security cage is that one one the MPU and one in the Card that holds the GMEM casette?  Sometimes there is an additional module mounted on the door that takes a battery.

Have you replaced the card that holds the GMEM casette?  It sounds like that is where your problem lies.

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 05:56:50 PM »
According to the tech manual, if the little white switch is toward you it will trigger the ram corrupt error.

This problem certainly seems to lie in the card that holds the GMEM casette.

Offline vashadow

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 12:03:30 PM »
Yes, the two batties inside the cage are on the MPU and the GMem card that hold the game cartridges. This unit does not have the little card on the cage door.

I do not have another card that holds the gmem cartridge. I have been looking online for weeks to find one, with no luck.

The white switch is in the ON (back) position. That one will also cause a low backup battery error if it is set to clear (forward).

thank you for all your time and help with this. I am open to try anything to get this up and working. Any ideas will be helpful.

Offline vashadow

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 09:31:37 AM »
I was wrong about four batties as I forgot about the fifth battery inside the main cab door. But I replaced this battery a few months ago and just for the sake of this issue I replaced it again last night. No change in errors.

Does anyone know where I can get an extra of these cards that hold the gmem game cartridge? mine says its a GMem 2nd
I hope to swap out this card and see if the card is an issue or not, but I cant seem to find one anywhere.

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 02:26:40 PM »
I sent you a PM.

If you want to send it to me I can machine test it and see if I get the same error.

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 02:30:37 PM »
Another tech manual points to the GMEM
PCB as well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal