New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: bb3 blade to Argos  (Read 1523 times)

Offline cheon2

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • cheon2 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
bb3 blade to Argos
« on: April 07, 2023, 04:52:56 AM »
i am looking for a guide or video to switch from bb3 blade to Argos and back.
i think i have everything i need to do this.

Offline gbknox

• gbknox New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: bb3 blade to Argos
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2023, 10:07:16 AM »
Cheon2
For full disclaimer, there are no guarantee's this will work but it's a start.

Thinks you will need for the install.
1. ArgOS Bios (ABIP03)
2. USB ArgOS Installer (AIN0000000X image installer)
3. USB with OS/WIN/JURS images
4. MultiLink Paytable USB dongle (all the Lock it Link games will need this. There are some ArgOS games that don't require a MultiLink Paytable)
5. ArgOS Game to install
6. RJ45 Cat5e Patch cable (an ethernet switch is preferable). You don't need internet access. I wouldn't expose the cabinet to the outside world anyway.

These instructions are fairly old but they should get you started. You should be able to skip #1 but for good measures, I would do this anyway with a WMS BB3 Clear CF Card. If the game you are loading is a Lock it Link Game, you will need a MultiLink Paytable USB and you will also need to connect one of the ethernet RJ45's to a network switch. The cabinet can be the only device on the switch. If you don't have a network switch, you can just insert a Cat5e cable to both ethernet ports. It does not have to be a crossover cable, just a short patch cable with one end in eth0 and the other in eth1. If you have multiple Blade cabinets and a single MultiLink Paytable USB, you will want to use a network switch and connect the additional cabinets to the switch so all cabinets can see the MultiLink Paytable for the progressive setup.

My apologies is I missed anything. I wrote the procedure quite a while ago and now, I'm on autopilot now when I setup a cabinet. 

1.   If the Machine has been running a WMS Game, Run a NVRAM Clear on the cabinet.
2.   Shut Down the Cabinet
3.   Remove the Jurisdiction and Bio’s Chipsets (normally Blue and Yellow).
4.   Install the ArgOS Bio’s but leave the Jurisdiction socket open.
5.   Insert the Installer USB Stick (AIN0000000E or newer) and boot the cabinet up. Other version of the installer should work just fine.
6.   Select the “Factory Reset” option. This will format the Hard Drive and clear the EPROM and NVRAM. Make sure the only USB stick inserted is the installer because I don't think "Factory Reset" will be enabled if there is another USB inserted into the cabinet.
7.   Insert the OS/Win/JURS USB. Select all the files and then select Install. Make sure your Windows image on the installer USB is a AWI03X version for a Blade.
8.   Remove the OS/Win/JURS USB and insert the Game USB (Piggy, Diamonds, Cats, Night Life, etc.). Only 1 game will install. If you want another game, select install and the prior game will be removed.
9.   Power the Cabinet down and remove the USB drives (installer and OS/Win/JURS) from the Cabinet.
10.   Install the DRM for the Game along with an ArgOS MultiLink Paytable (required for Lock It Link Progressive Games) and power the cabinet up.
11.   Skip the NVRAM Clear and EZConfig. NVRAM clear has already been completed on a Factory Reset and the loading of the OS/WIN/JURS.
12.   Setup Clock, Time Zone, SAS Primary, Pay Tables, Printers, Bill Validator, etc. Printer and Bill Validator should be selected automaticly.
13.   From the top slightly right of the middle of the screen, select "MultiLink Bank Controller". Make sure you “Start the Progressive” after setup.
14.   From the dropdown in the upper right part of the home screen, select "EGM Mode" again and go into the Progressive setting and select the "Configure Controllers" button. The select "MMLNAP" (I believe) from the dropdown, select the MultiLink Host you just added in step #13.

Go back to the home screen and make sure there aren't any other Pending Tilts other than "Main Door Open" and "Setup Menu Entered". If no other Pending Tilts are visible, You should be able to select Exit in the top right and you are in business and ready to play.

To Switch back to NBOT (WMS), power off the cabinet, remove the ABIP03 Bios and reinstall the NBOT Bios and JURS chip. Insert the BB3 Clear CF Card and clear the NVRAM and start over with the WMS OS/Game installation.

You might have to do this setup multiple times unless the instructions are really good or you see past things I missed in the instructions. I never, never get it right on the first pass.

Good luck with the setup. Eventually you will get your Autopilot tuned in and do this in your sleep.

Please chime in if I missed any of the instructions need to be tweaked.

Offline cheon2

• cheon2 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 10:35:26 AM »
thanks
this will get me started :hail:

Offline The laneman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2023, 11:40:24 AM »
Will this work on a BB2 converted to a BB3 or does it have to be a blade?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 01:02:57 PM by The laneman »

Offline The laneman

• Sr NLG Member
  • The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 01:03:41 PM »
^^^anyone try this on a bb2e converted to a bb3?

Offline gbknox

• gbknox New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 10:06:20 PM »
Laneman
I have never owned a BB2e so I'm talking way over my head on this but according the ArgOS Operating System, it looks like it's possible. Please don't take this as a yes answer, I'm strictly looking as the flow of a later version of the ArgOS OS. I've had many Blades and did a lot of experimenting with those along with the WMS S32. When you set the Cabinet ID, the decision path for Hardware changes but these cabinet ID's are pretty much the same for the Blade products.

Cabinet ID's  from ArgOS
0x00 BLUEBIRD_XD
0x01 BLUEBIRD_UPRIGHT
0x02 BLUEBIRD_SLANT
0x03 NOT_VALID
0x3F NOT_VALID
0x3B GAMEFIELD_XD
0x2F BLADE
0x2B BLADE2
0x23 BLADE_XD23
0x27 BLADE_XD32
0x1F PERSONAL_IMMERSION
0x1B DUALOS

Blade2.Screens.xml (in the OS). ArgOS is looking for 2 Screens on the 2 DVI Instances 0 and 1. Primary needs to be 1920 x 1080. Second or top monitor needs to be 1920 x 1080. Notice the TouchConfig shows main_24? I will get to that in another xml after the screens xml.
<ScreenConfigs>
<Screens NumScreens="2">
<Screen primary="true">
<DisplayID Instance="0" Tech="DVI" Adapter="PCI#VEN_1002"/>
<Width>1920</Width>
<Height>1080</Height>

<BitsPerPixel>32</BitsPerPixel>
<Rotation>0</Rotation>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
<TouchConfig>main_24</TouchConfig>
</Screen>
<Screen>
<DisplayID Instance="1" Tech="DVI" Adapter="PCI#VEN_1002"/>
<Width>1920</Width>
<Height>1080</Height>

<BitsPerPixel>32</BitsPerPixel>
<Rotation>0</Rotation>
<X>0</X>
<Y>-1080</Y>
</Screen>
</Screens>
</ScreenConfigs>

Touch Device for main_24. The VID (Vendor ID 914 is registered to Scientific Games and the PID (Product ID) are different types of touch devices. These are usually Tovis screens with Nana Touch. The last one on the list is 596 which is the 3M USB. If the touch controller on the BB2e is serial then you will get grey screens.

<TouchConfig name="main_24" displayName="Main Screen">
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x1005"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x100C"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x100E"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x1020"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x1021"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x1022"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x1023"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x1024"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x1025"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x1026"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x1027"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x1028"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x1029"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x102a"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x102b"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x102c"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x102d"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x102e"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x102f"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x1030"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x1031"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x1032"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x1033"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x1034"/>
<IDs vid="0x914" pid="0x1035"/>
<IDs vid="0x596" pid="0x0001"/>
</TouchConfig>

I would have to dig deeper on this but I thought an eMotive Light Controller was required. I just don't remember. The Twinstars will run without an LCU and Audio Controller but that would be any fun if the Subwoofer didn't thump and wake your family up. If you go this route and it works, I would be interested in hearing how it turns out. I would like to try one out myself but my wife has a Cabinet Freeze right now and I'm forbidden to bring any more cabinets in the house unless one of them gets the boot.
Gary

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 149
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2023, 05:06:03 AM »
I tried it and it did not work. Too many issues to resolve. Besides, Argos on a Blade is so limited too. Only can play a handful of games. Original Lock it Links and 3 Fortunes play.

I tried it some time ago as it's a bit fuzzy now but I did set the backplane up as a Blade with jumpers.  I used an install USB drive to boot up to the install screen but had no touch since monitors are serial touch.  I tried a USB to serial adapter with no luck there.  I gave up at that point. The best conversion to Argos in my opinion is the Alpha 2 22/22.  It opens up a whole new world of games to play on an existing cabinet.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 05:38:16 AM by idesign »
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline The laneman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2023, 05:48:06 AM »
Thanks for the reply's.

Offline omegas_dano

• Reputation Power: 0
  • omegas_dano New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2024, 07:17:31 AM »
Thanks for the info, great help

Offline Randy0777

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Randy0777 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2024, 03:46:08 PM »
Thanks gbknox,
I'm getting ready to try this on a S32. Waiting on the Piggy software

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal