**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT S2000 and Vision Games

Reel 5 Spins Backwards on Startup. Vision Game with 504 MPU

(1/1)

Ash100:
Greetings all,

I've got a real head scratcher here with a 5 Reel Vision game.

Reel 5 spins backwards on boot up, when it decides to even spin at all. Of course it immediately goes into a Reel Tilt that I can't seem to figure out.

Here's a breakdown of everything I've tried so far.

Originally the game was fubar, so after some deep cleaning and adding the missing parts I was able to get to the point of Please Close Main Door. Which, of course would not clear. So, 3 MPUs later and adjusting the Optics several times and changing them out for known working ones, I finally got it to recognize the Door being closed.

I Cleared and Keyed the machine and it was good for a day. Then it quit again after a few spins the following day and I received Door Open MB and Reels Disconnected.

I changed out the Backplane (960 type) and machine wouldn't even boot with that one. So, I put a different Backplane in and I got right back to the Reels Disconnected Error.

Next, I changed out the Reel Harness with a spare (Backlit Harness in place of the original non-backlit, because that's all I had) and the Reels came back to life and spun normally.

Day 3. I finish up with some cosmetics, Top Glass, Reel Glass, etc. and now the #5 Reel attempts to spin with the Main Door Closed, but doesn't make a complete spin before it tilts. It's not touching anything, I checked that first.

With the Door open, it sometimes spins backwards, other times it doesn't spin at all. So, I installed another Reel Harness, no change. Swapped in a different Reel, no change, swapped Reels 4 and 5, stays with the #5.

At this point, I'm not sure what else to try.

I could try another Backplane if someone thinks that could be the issue. Or does it sound like something with the Software? SG Chips, perhaps? It's using SG173 with Stepper Base 000440. Both of which I assume are correct. I know the SB is anyway. Double Diamond Run 45 Credit 5 Reel.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions on what to do next?

I'm going to go ahead and change the Backplane once more just for grits and shins. I'll let you know if that helps.

Thanks, Curtis ash100

lookes:
If you are sure the cable and reel 5 connector are good, no pins pushed out the back, I'd try yet another MPU.

Stayouttadabunker:
I think the reason why sometimes "it doesn't spin at all" is because the reel symbols are already in the correct locations.
You can just about guarantee the reels will spin, if you move any one reel basket by hand just a little, while the door is opened.

Ash100:
Thanks, but I figured it out.

Ended up being the Backplane. I swapped in another one and it works as advertised now.

What a pain it was to put this machine together. It wasn't originally a Vision, so a lot of components were added. Plus, it's a tall box game. It looks pretty cool, just wish it was a better theme than the Double Diamond Run.

Appreciate the help and suggestions.

Curtis ash100

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version