New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Anyone know this Bill Acceptor in my Old IGT (S2000?)  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Dirty Slots New User barely matters.Dirty Slots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Anyone know this Bill Acceptor in my Old IGT (S2000?)
« on: August 14, 2022, 05:46:27 PM »
There is no power to this bill acceptor...as in it doesn't try and accept bills or light up. Can it be switched out with one off eBay? What would model I look for? Would I have to do anything with the chips to install the new one? or just plug it in? Thanks -Nate

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Anyone know this Bill Acceptor in my Old IGT (S2000?)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 07:30:19 PM »
It might need to be enabled with a set chip. BV Power supply may have failed and needs replaced.  The DBV 145 head may have failed.  Your machine is a S+ model.

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 08:46:52 PM »
What would the steps be for fixing/replacing this. I'd love to get it working.

The machine is fun becasue it spits out coins instead of credits, but it's a pain to drop 2 coins in each time you spin. In order to keep the machine in my collection, I need to fix the BV.

GOAL: Load it with dollar bills and it spits out quarters on every win....now that would be cool!

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 12:53:23 AM »
http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/dbv.htm     BV enable info.  Try this first.

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 06:11:20 AM »
Perfect, thank you! It probably just needs top be enabled.

Thanks! -Nate

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 09:41:46 AM »
If all the components are present, head and transport unit, cash can, power supply, and everything is mechanically aligned, ( head and transport red handleup and the back left gear is meshing with the cash can gear) and all plugs are connected when power is supplied the unit should cycle EVEN IF IT IS NOT ENABLED!. the bill unit is a unit unto it self, it only talks to the cpu and tells it what bill has been accepted.
so, if it does not cycle on power up , and the power supply is plugged into the machine harness at the rear cabinet connection, it should do something.

your options are to upgrade to a dbv200 head, and possibly a stronger power supply, (has vents or louvers in the black plastic housing)
or upgrade to a wba unit.
200 head will accept up to the new ten. four way acceptance.
you can change the option to have all wins go to the credit meter, then when you want to cash out, press the cashout button.

hope this helps
Jim

I have any parts you would need to accomplish either.

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2022, 03:32:05 PM »
Jim, Thanks for that info. I'm not hearing it power up at all. I need to check and see if it's pluged into the board. When I get some extra time to work on it, I'll hit up this thread, and possibly get ahold of you. I really like that machine. It spins the 3rd reel again if it can get a better outcome, kind of unique.

If I could make the credits go on the machine, problem solved, I can feed coins until I get 1000 credits won, then it's ready for guests to play.

I'll be back! ..and let you know what happens. Thanks again! -Nate

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal