New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need more help with my apparently rare I/O board.  (Read 3367 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Need more help with my apparently rare I/O board.
« on: March 20, 2023, 06:55:12 PM »
I've determined that I need a replacement I/O or interface board for my MEI on an S2000.
I've posted a WTB with no results. I didn't realize these were brand specific other than the micro switch on the bottom. At least, what's been implied to me so far.
I've also contacted three supporting venders here with no luck, in either response or availability.   I realize everyone is busy, but still it's a little frustrating considering the amount of time I put in on a daily basis to help this forum run smoothly and how I quickly I respond and do my best to resolve issues here.
So my questions are:
Are the board actually specific to the programming in the head?
There's one seller on eBay but he doesn't seem to care about buyers. He says they're "tested/working" but don't have the microswitch on the bottom. He never replied to my last question either. Can some look at THIS listing and determine if this would work for the MEI in my S2000. I can just solder in the microswitch on mine if they will work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314379409542
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Need more help with my apparently rare I/O board.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2023, 07:09:23 PM »
The interface card is specific to the protocol. You can't use a RS232 protocol, etc in a netplex system. This number is correct for your machine. There might be one or two others that will work because of the evolution of the SC66 line but this was the original SC6602 card.
SC6607 is RS232, SC6604 is photo isolator (whatever that means) for Konami I believe.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2023, 09:19:57 PM »
Thanks Ron
I forgot to post a shot of my board. The p/n on it is 252019034 Rev Y2
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 09:44:20 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 04:06:01 AM »
Thanks Ron

Definitely not the right board.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Slotman New User barely matters.Slotman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2023, 04:10:17 AM »
I was under the impression that the "optics" sensed the existence of the cash box and the switches were just for the aux dry contacts that some jurisdictions required although I cant say I have ever seen used.

I know I had a card with the lever broken off the microswitch and the validator worked fine.

Is the microswitch even important?

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 04:54:07 AM »
I saw your WTB post right away last week Mark, but I don't have any spares.
I don't know if you can just jump the missing microswitch with a short wire or solder on the interface board or not.

I wanted to see today, if I could jump the switches back on the harness, instead of on the interface board.
The way I was going to try this was disconnect one wire connector at a time, while powered up, until I get an error showing the cashbox is missing.

Slotman is correct in that the cashbox is seen as "present" thru  the plastic optics and the prism "pole" on the stacker arm.
The physical switches MAY not be needed or the MPU may need both to "see" the cashbox.

I'm going to see if I can prove this later this morning when I get into my workroom with the testers.

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2023, 08:20:34 AM »
Thanks Ron

Definitely not the right board.

Ron
That is the board that was working in my S2000 though, working fine for years.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2023, 09:53:56 AM »
I have a 252016090 with dual switches that works fine on my game king.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2023, 12:29:49 PM »
Yours is a different number from mine too Mark & Mark. (Hey! My name's Mark too! haha)
Although I'm not sure, it's possible that your card was flashed to work with your S2000.
This card below only has one switch.
Look at the number on my S2000 interface card...>>>

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2023, 02:08:37 PM »
This could be confusing with all the Marks!  :24:

Well I wonder which board numbers are actually compatible OR if, like Mark said, mine was re-flashed? One thing I didn't check was my microswitch although I've never had a switch "go out" on me. Guess I better get my ohm meter out...

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2023, 02:19:33 PM »
At these two points I've circled, the switch underneath loses continuity when depressed.
This may be the same as when the cashbox is fully inserted.

It's possible jumping these two points with a short wire and solder would bypass the interface switch for those cards that do NOT have a micrswitch?? 
If jumped, the MPU would think that the lever on the microswitch is depressed right?
The other three vertical solder points to the right are for another microswitch....I don't know why there's two on my WMS BB2 interfaces.
This S2000 interface card only had the one single microswitch under the red circles I've drawn for ya.

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 02:37:03 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2023, 08:27:26 AM »
As much as I appreciate the help, it seems that maybe Bunker is correct: that my board was flashed for MEI at some point in time. My micro switch tested out fine.
So I'm back to needing a board.
Unfortunately, the two members I asked, never replied and it's been probably close to a week now.
Maybe I'll take a stab at removing the entire BV unit and installing one of my spare WBA units... if I can dig them up! But I probably won't get to this until summer, if at all. I'll post WTB though, just in case.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2023, 05:49:34 PM »
Got the board... THANK YOU Brownie1977!  :wave:

I need some input on what has happened.
First, the replacement board worked, but only took $1's but not $20's in the s2000.  I swapped the I/O board with the one on my Game King. It then took 1's and 20's. I didn't have another bill to test at the time.  I put that I/O board back in the s2000.
Then I put the head from the s2000 into the Game King and got a BV error.
So I assumed the head had problems?

Today, just for the hell of it, I did a bill test on the s2000. I inserted a $20 and it was accepted but did not take a $5. After closing the door, the s2000 now will take $20's. I'm fine with it as it is now, but is there a type of "learning" mode that the head goes into when doing the bill test? And I wonder why it would't take the $10? It did before I started having these problems.
Hope this all makes sense! I've never had issues with the MEI so all this stuff is new to me.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2023, 08:40:09 PM »
Maybe you just knocked a little dust off of the bill head optics the 1st try...that's why it took a 20 dollar bill the next time?

I have NO idea!  :Crazy: :24: :lol: :rotfl:

Just kidding of course but the only "learning mode" I know of is sticking calibration paper into the head.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2023, 08:59:20 PM »
My understanding is some of the newer models are programmable by a special coupon that you mark in the settings.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2023, 09:17:27 PM »
I believe this is what you're referring to.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 08:38:09 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2023, 08:38:26 AM »
That's it!  :yes:

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2023, 09:05:53 PM »
Are you going to keep us in suspense?  :24:

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Slotman New User barely matters.Slotman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2023, 05:30:00 AM »
My understanding is some of the newer models are programmable by a special coupon that you mark in the settings.
I dont think its as much "newer" models as it is models for retail which typically do not have a barcode reader.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2023, 09:07:08 AM »
Are you going to keep us in suspense?  :24:

Well since it's taking 1's and 20's, now I'll just leave it at that. I could swap the s2000 head to the Game King and see if the problem follows. Hmmm...  :arrowthruhead:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal