New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WHAT"S WRONG WITH THE GAME CARD  (Read 6851 times)

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
WHAT"S WRONG WITH THE GAME CARD
« on: June 30, 2017, 08:51:07 AM »
I bought these 2 CF cards from a seller on Ebay.  The seller has a habit, most of the time, of not displaying the cards you will receive, only displays the game playing in a machine.  So you really don't know what you will receive until you get it.  Some people I hear received an empty box from the seller with signature confirmation no less.

Anyway, the INSTALL card label looks legit but the GAME card label is suspect.  I think I see at least 4 things wrong with the label, but would like hear from others on what they think it wrong with it.

Thanks
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: WHAT"S WRONG WITH THE GAME CARD
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 01:03:45 PM »
Let's see:

1.  Fonts are not usually what Bally uses.
2.  There's no Bally logo in the background.
3.  There's absolutely no wear whatsoever on the label.

The 4th one escapes me.  :Scratch-Head:
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 01:06:48 PM »
Let's see:

1.  Fonts are not usually what Bally uses.
2.  There's no Bally logo in the background.
3.  There's absolutely no wear whatsoever on the label.

The 4th one escapes me.  :Scratch-Head:

Good start, didn't think of number 3.  Here is a pic of the real card to compare it with.  The card I received is below it.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 04:38:26 PM »
A question,  Did that seller claim it to be Original software/cards?. 

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 04:51:53 PM »
A question,  Did that seller claim it to be Original software/cards?.

You can't be serious, if he is selling copies isn't that infringement? SG would be on his ass for that, also a violation of ebay policy.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 05:00:40 PM »
I am serious.  If SG, The feds, or e-bay wan't him-they know where he's at.  Since it's Rant's and Rave's here-The thing is -has been for years You people like original software so you can back it up and re-sell it.  You know as well as me No cards stay in the alpha 2 brain box but the software does.  As far as infringement-They do it every day on there on all the platforms-look at the picks of the software!!!!!!!.  Not me--All I got is the real deal. 

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 05:06:13 PM »
Auction says it's BALLY software.  Without pictures of the shit he is selling, the expectation is it's original shit.  What would you expect to receive?

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 05:19:14 PM »
That's why I have never dealt with that Jack-Ass or any others.  They could go on that e-bay site as far as slots go and rip it a new one if they wanted to with all the fake software on there-Who's to say they won't?.  We have seen it before.  Be patient grasshopper-They will all get it. 

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 05:28:41 PM »
Well Barry, how about getting back on the original topic and add your thoughts concerning the fake label. 

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 05:35:11 PM »
It's Fake -That's all I can say.  They did a good job for the non-average joe to not notice but I have been knowing this about that dude and MANY others.  I know there is a vendetta and a case built and still being built against that fella. 

Offline chuck300x11

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • chuck300x11 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 06:21:57 PM »
4. Text on the label is portrait instead of landscape.

Nope. That's not it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 04:28:25 AM by chuck300x11 »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 08:09:28 PM »
Does the fake one work? If so I'd bet the majority of machine owners don't care. Think about all the Windows computer software that has been copied for decades going back to Windows 3.1 and DOS before that. Microsoft has more resources than Bally ever had, they didn't stop it or even pursue it most of the time unless it was a high-profile seller.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 10:14:49 PM »
Yep, All that stuff works.  I'm with you on home users.  It is what it is.   This a rant/rave lynch mob topic for a specific person.

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2017, 06:21:08 AM »
Does the fake one work? If so I'd bet the majority of machine owners don't care. Think about all the Windows computer software that has been copied for decades going back to Windows 3.1 and DOS before that. Microsoft has more resources than Bally ever had, they didn't stop it or even pursue it most of the time unless it was a high-profile seller.

I don't know if it works, didn't try it.  But that's not the point, what would you expect to receive for $150?  or even $350 which what he was recently selling this game for before this topic was posted.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 06:38:10 AM by idesign »

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2017, 06:30:41 AM »
Yep, All that stuff works.  I'm with you on home users.  It is what it is.   This a rant/rave lynch mob topic for a specific person.

How do you know it all works?  Some others on here have had issues with the stuff he sells. 

The whole point of this topic is to point out to less knowledgeable users what to look for when buying slot software, could be from anyone, not just this seller.  I know of at least one person on here that bought a card from another user, who decided to sell the software he bought from him.  So this shit eventually is sold by others.

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 06:36:09 AM »
4. Text on the label is portrait instead of landscape.

Nope. That's not it.

How about the

4. misspelled PLUNDR, or
5. the missing J in J26/27

There are more issues too.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2017, 07:59:23 AM »
I am with you.  If I'm paying $150 for a non-dongle game, I expect to get an original.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2017, 08:54:27 AM »
All I meant by my comment was that there are enough people that buy copied software and don't care if it is orig as long as it works, even at these price levels, so that is why the practice of selling copies continues. For these slot machine games there often aren't enough of the orig cf cards available for sale so people don't have a lot of choices where to buy, that compounds the problem and induces people to buy the copied versions.

I agree that a buyer should be getting an original cf card for that amount paid. But we also know that copied software is always for sale. So if you think it may not be orig, especially if they don't say it is, or if you want to make sure then why not ask the seller first if it is orig. If he refuses to answer or says it is a copy then don't buy it. If he claims it is orig then ebay allows the fake item to be returned since it isn't what the seller said it is and they will force a refund to be given. Nowadays ebay sides with the buyer more often than the seller, everyone selling stuff on ebay knows that. I'm not an ebay fan but their rules favor the buyer most of the time.

If someone takes a genuine Bally produced cf card, copies another Bally game software onto it and relabels it what do you have? Physically it is a genuine Bally cf card and the software on it is digitally an exact duplicate of the Bally game software. Bally copied their master game file to their cf cards all day long at the factory in a similar way. So your copy is no different from a genuine-produced Bally cf card except it wasn't made by Bally at their factory, it was made in somebody's basement. It's the aspect that it isn't a "real" version made by Bally.

I'm not promoting pirating or tricking someone into buying a fake by representing it as an original, but the fake is not inferior to the original from a functioning standpoint. The only downside I can see is if you bought the cf card for purposes of reselling it and by being a copy that hinders the resell. If that's the case then I'd open a complaint on ebay for the transaction, tell ebay the item is not as described and get a refund. If enough buyers would do that maybe the seller would stop, but not likely.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 09:16:10 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2017, 09:15:07 AM »
It's the ethics of the practice I question, not the functionality.  I agree with you that technically speaking it is the exact same thing.  Just seems wrong to not divulge that it may not be an OEM card, and why would he? He wouldn't be allowed to sell it on e-bay as it is against the rules (although they only get enforced when someone complains about a specific item).

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2017, 09:17:57 AM »
I understand about the ethics part of it, I've gotten to where I don't expect much of that from ebay unless it is a seller I've dealt with before.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 09:37:07 AM by rokgpsman »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal