New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: SLOT MACHINE SCAM - Double Top Dollar  (Read 5551 times)

Offline MazzMayhem

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • MazzMayhem Is working their way up.MazzMayhem Is working their way up.MazzMayhem Is working their way up.
  • NLG
SLOT MACHINE SCAM - Double Top Dollar
« on: February 07, 2022, 12:14:53 AM »
 :stirthepot: I just wanted to inform my fellow members of a new SCAM website  yourgameparadise.com  offering slot machines for sale for the home. Someone has put a lot of effort in creating this site. I sent a email asking if they happened to have a Top Dollar machine for sale the following day they replied yes we do $2499 shipped they included four pictures of a Double Top Dollar taken straight off the internet, they were four different machines. They did not provide a phone number but they did provide an address which turned out to be the city hall building when I looked it up.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 09:12:46 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 265
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: SLOT MACHINE SCAM - Double Top Dollar
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 09:18:14 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.

What is the actual website address?

I moved this to "rants and raves" which is generally where we post warnings on scams, bad businesses, etc.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline dailey

• Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 11:15:44 AM »
I agree it's a scam.  In the contact details that Sunnyvale address is City Hall. Also, this is in California. This would be an illegal business unless the machines are 25+ years old.

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Slotman New User barely matters.Slotman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 01:21:20 PM »
A little tip of advice.  Check the age and registrant of a website by searching "whois" on google and see how old the site is.
Also use Tineye online or the Firefox plugin to do a click and see where the images / pictures have been used throughout the internet. 

These two little steps may not prevent scams but will definitely add to the arsenal of tools.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 265
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 03:52:08 PM »
That address leads to nothing. I did find the place supposedly in Sunnyvale as well. Their googled address doesn't match the one in the website photo at all though. I wrote the guy a message asking why! Waiting for a response.  :arrowthruhead:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline MazzMayhem

• MazzMayhem Is working their way up.MazzMayhem Is working their way up.MazzMayhem Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 05:01:21 PM »
Notice how they don’t accept payment by credit card or PayPal and they would like to know the nearest airport to you so they can ship you machine via air mail

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2022, 07:51:11 PM »
MazzMayhem, do you have a link to it in you browser's history?

Typing in a Google with what you wrote on top "yourparadisegames.com" does NOT work.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2022, 08:04:21 PM »
Im sorry Bunker a little dyslexia on my part its yourgameparadise.com I made a correction to my original post.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2022, 08:08:08 PM »
Thanks Mazz

This is a link to the website you're talking about...>>>

https://yourgameparadise.com/

« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 11:09:28 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2022, 08:13:52 PM »
That’s a very impressive website. I recognize some of the photos from the internet and other websites. One of the Double Top Dollar photos was from used slot machines site.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 08:40:47 PM by MazzMayhem »

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2022, 10:36:08 PM »
If you go to website and click on the menu icon top right and click on policies and up pops a pic of the business, it’s a photo of Gamblers Oasis that’s there logo on the front door.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 239
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2022, 10:50:37 PM »
If you go to website and click on the menu icon top right and click on policies and up pops a pic of the business, it’s a photo of Gamblers Oasis that’s there logo on the front door.
Yes, you are right, that building is in Fairfield Ohio. They are stealing photos off the web.

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2022, 11:11:27 PM »
They stole Gamblers Oasis website, that photo of the owner is the owner of Gamblers Oasis

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2022, 12:54:54 AM »
The site in question is hosted by DreamHost.

Anyone with good proof that this site is a scam can report it to the email address: abuse@dreamhost.com

Note that DreamHost is a fairly innocent party here -- they sell web hosting to anyone who wants to pay for it. It's not up to DreamHost to actively police the content of said sites. That is, there's no reason to expect that DreamHost should have verified that this "business" is legitimate. Hopefully with a few folks writing in to tell them it's not, they'll act on it.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2022, 08:14:22 AM »
Gambler's Oasis is not affiliated with yourgameparadise.com This is definitely a FRAUDULENT WEB SITE. Gambler's Oasis is aware of this and necessary steps have been taken to resolve this.     

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2022, 08:42:08 AM »
Its a shame that even though charges have been filed and now being very obvious that there using all the images and text from Mikes website that this scam site is still up and basically still operating and yes they did manage to scam some people for there money. I guess theres a process that has to be gone through and it just takes time.

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2022, 08:54:00 AM »
I’m sure they sold several of those Wheel of Fortune machines they had listed for $1100 lol . . . Bastards

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2022, 10:01:22 AM »
I feel sorry for the folks that fell for the $1100 wheel of fortune. They are out their money.

Offline dcslots

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • dcslots New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2022, 06:05:54 PM »
LMAO...wish I saw this thread sooner.   Was talking to these guys via email for last 2 days....first claiming they have WOF.  I said OK, I'll buy them....but will send one of my people to Sunnyvale with money to check them out and then load them on site if all good.   

Response....well, they are stored in Illinois

OK, so where in Illinois?  I got folks there as well. 

Response:  St. Louis

But St. Louis is in MO, not IL

Response:  Well it's on the border.

OK, so you mean East St. Louis.   what are your hours and the contact phone number.  Can have someone there in a day or two.  You do have an Illinois License, right?

Response:   TOTAL SILENCE.   

Offline dbryson

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • dbryson New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2022, 09:31:07 AM »
 I came across this site a month or two ago.... They showed up when I was searching for an S2000 Pinball. I did not get any response from them. I just figured it was an OLD Site of a slot store that was no longer in business. When you google the Address, it would show City Hall.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal