New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: How to perform a SafeRam Clear on a Bally S6000  (Read 41222 times)

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
How to perform a SafeRam Clear on a Bally S6000
« on: February 12, 2014, 02:45:28 PM »
Partial clear shown.  Press and hold test and pseudo coin buttons for a complete clear(the display should show CH C  then CL C)

https://youtu.be/APUKZKrRMME

*** If you have the leave in clear/mains, then the instructions are in one of the replies in this thread

Thanks,
Wayne
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 03:20:30 PM by a69mopar »

Offline boromfc632

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • boromfc632 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: How to perform a SafeRam Clear on a Bally S6000
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 11:15:58 PM »
This video was a great help. I want to thank you for making such a great video.

I have a question, I hope you could help. I have the same machine but when I did the safe ram clear and I turned the machine back on the only error code that I got was 3.1.

What does that mean and how do I clear it so my machine is functional again?

Offline metex

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • metex New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 11:37:19 PM »
Hi, sometimes I get a 0.1 error code,I don't know exactly what it is,I just do a partial ram clear, if that can't solve your problem, maybe you have to try a hard ram clear using 2 ram clear chip u28 and u43.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 09:49:19 PM »
Partial clear shown.  Press and hold test and pseudo coin buttons for a complete clear(the display should show CH C  then CL C)

Thanks,
Wayne

Before Bally moved on to bigger and better boards they came up with a final U28 and U43 that would work with any game set and had the additional feature of clearing the RAM by simply turning DSW1-8 on then holding down TEST and PUSEDO to get CHC then CLC. Power down, turn DSW1-8 off and the board is ready for game play.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 03:18:57 PM by a69mopar »
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline dcardman

• dcardman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 11:43:16 PM »
I bought leave in safe ram clear chips.  When I perform the procedure shown in the video nothing happen. I get no error codes nothing resets. In my sw1 a shunt block and #8 is still connected (which would me on) so I should be getting the "CH C followed by CL C" but it doesn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 06:01:42 AM »
Post photo of shunt block. Something doesn't sound right.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline dcardman

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 09:32:51 PM »
ok, i will take some right now

Offline dcardman

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 09:48:43 PM »
Also this is what comes up when I turn it on. The lights flash

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 10:05:23 PM »
You will need to replace the shunt with a 8 position DIP switch. Turn all switches off. Then turn switch 8 on.
Hold the two buttons in and turn the machine on.
Watch for CHC then CLC then turn the machine off.
Turn DIP switch 8 off and turn on the machine.
Do not close the door until the reels have done their bump dance.
When the reels are done you may see a 50 code on the display, if not you will see a day/month/year setup. Just press the change button to exit that setup.
Close the door and the game should be ready to play.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2020, 08:58:48 AM »
You definetly have a S6000...Ram clear is very simple...See attached doc...also here is a small test to see if your New stay in mains are working...

Bally s5500 and s6000 stay in mains….
Leave you original chips in your MPU board...Turn off the power and pull out the MPU board...
 Turn on Dip Sw1 # 8
 Put the MPU board back in...
 Press and HOLD the PSEUDO COIN and TEST buttons...
 You should see CH C followed by CL C...(If you do, then you have what they call "Stay in Mains"
 Turn off the power and set the Dip Sw1 # 8 to the off position...
 Replace the MPU and power back on...

Offline Bied10

• Bied10 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 08:06:53 AM »
New guy here with an s6000.  (Blazing 7s)  This machine has never worked while in my possession.  The board was in bad shape, I replaced it.  I will transfer the personally chips and leave the progressive chip out.  I am a bit intimidated by the set up since I have never seen it.  Any chance anyone has a working link to the video?  I am a pretty visual person, and think I could figure it out if I could see all the pieces come together.  Thanks in advance

Offline charmz

• Reputation Power: 1
  • charmz New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 11:41:40 AM »
New guy here with an s6000.  (Blazing 7s)  This machine has never worked while in my possession.  The board was in bad shape, I replaced it.  I will transfer the personally chips and leave the progressive chip out.  I am a bit intimidated by the set up since I have never seen it.  Any chance anyone has a working link to the video?  I am a pretty visual person, and think I could figure it out if I could see all the pieces come together.  Thanks in advance

+1

I also just got a 6000 and this would help me out greatly!

Offline Bied10

• Bied10 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2020, 06:49:24 PM »
So... Just jump in.  The clear is easy.  (Get the service manual first) it took a little while to go through all the settings, but you can get through it.  If it doesn't work, just do it again.

Now if I could just clear the codes.  I have a Hopper error (but I don't have a Hopper) so that is my biggest problem now.  And my printer is low.  I only have one ticket, and it was stuck in the bottom of the machine when I got it.   I also don't know if my bill acceptor works.  Maybe it won't take bills until the word codes are clear.   Any ideas?

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2023, 03:28:31 PM »
I restored the video and cleaned up the thread a little.
Thanks,
Wayne
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 04:12:07 PM by a69mopar »

Offline Tri777

• Tri777 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2024, 09:43:59 AM »
To Bied10, the hopper missing is your issue. You need to jump 2 wires into the hopper beau plug in the machine to fool it into thinking the hopper is still there. I'll have to look for some old files to find the pin out to jump. Some newer games have a hoper beau plug installed already. If you can find one of those just plug it in the hopper plug. You'll need to clear the error codes before the machine will accept money. You could disable the printer via the options, but you will need to SafeRam clear the machine first and reoption it without a printer. You'll need a manual in order to know what each option setting each as you scroll through them after a SafeRam clear.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal