New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: DotMation DMD replacement - anybody here who can make a LogicAnalyzer recording  (Read 4505 times)

Offline Lucky1

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Lucky1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • PIN2DMD
Quick update:
I used the recording I received from Sunrise Side to program a simulator for the signals normally generated from the dotmation controller. Then I used that simulator to add the code needed to display it on my PIN2DMD XL.
It works, but due to the glitches the original contoller adds to the signals the picture was flickering a lot. I then added some code to stabilize the picture by generating the picture from 3 successive frames. Looks much better now (see picture attached).
I will do some more testing, but I think it is time now to test on a real machine. I have been informed that a member of the community already ordered a PIN2DMD XL for testing from europe to the US. We now just have to wait for it to arrive.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 11:34:27 AM by Lucky1 »

Offline Calfdemon

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Calfdemon New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Glad to see the updates and that Sunrise Side was able to get the data you needed.  I apologize as I bought the reader and wanted to help, but have just been so busy lately and then left on vacation last week where I was without wifi or cell service.  Not that life has slowed down at all since I got back yesterday, but I can try some more readings at some point if you need them.  Looks like you have it going in the right direction though.

Offline Lucky1

• NLG
    • PIN2DMD
Great News today. The test with a PIN2DMD XL in a dotmation machine was successful .
Greg aka @mrcrazy ordered a unit from one of the various hardware suppliers, installed the latest firmware on it
and "it worked like a charm"
I think my job is done here.

Thanks Sunrise Side for buying the logic analyzer and collecting the data for me to implement it into the firmware.

Please remember PIN2DMD is a DIY project. If you have any questions please first read here https://pin2dmd.com or ask in the pin2dmd section
of https://vpuniverse.com/forums/forum/132-pin2dmd-general-discussion/ where the largest base of pin2dmd users is.
Please don´t contact me through PM or e-mail as I don´t have time for one on one support anymore.

Thanks

Offline mrcrazy

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • mrcrazy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Just want you guys to know that Lucky1 & his company sent me the pinDMD for my dotmation (I am sitting on a lot of these that were missing the display) & he sent me an update file to update the one I got from him 2 days ago...AND SUCCESS!! I popped it in a river gambler as well as a winning streak with no problems!!! We are in!!! I will snap & post a pic on here probably tomorrow!

Greg

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
This is fantastic!  It will no doubt save many of the Williams Dotmation machines from the scrap bin.  Great job guys!

Offline Lucky1

• NLG
    • PIN2DMD
Just want you guys to know that Lucky1 & his company sent me the pinDMD for my dotmation

Just to make things clear, I don´t have a company which sells PIN2DMD devices. PIN2DMD is a non commercial, non profit private DIY hobby project from me and Steve, a friend of mine. We both have a good daily job which pays our bills. We started this as a open source project with a restrictive non commercial license, but some individuals just ignored our license to make money with it without our approval. The only thing they "contibuted" to the project was changing the boot logo to their own to not giving credit of any kind to our work done. We therefore were forced to change the project from open source to closed source for devs only. To protect our development we also introduced a activation key which is bound to the hardware. We have published the information how to build the hardware on pin2dmd.com. The hardware design is free and everybody can take it and sell pin2dmd compatible hardware. The company Greg is referring to is one of many around the world which take this information, build the hardware and sell it in their shops. We are not affiliated with any of these shops. So if you have a problem with any of them or with your hardware , contact them and not us.  Shops which want to sell their devices preactivated or commercial users like game room owners, are asked to donate 20 Euro per device directly to a charity organization of our choice and we generate the keys for free. Private hobby users are asked to donate a minimum of 10 Euro per device to us, which we collect and also forward to these charity projects.

These are the charity organizations we currently support with the success of our pin2dmd project
http://www.soh-kenya.org/mama-christa-foundation/
https://www.stelzenmaennchen.de/index.php?id=6
https://www.kinderhospizdienst-offenburg.de/
https://www.sanni-foundation.ch/
https://www.deslumieresdanslesyeux.fr/
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 03:36:00 AM by Lucky1 »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 165
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Greg , where is the new DMD pictures??

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal