New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 1096 light relay question  (Read 795 times)

Offline gameking6

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • gameking6 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 1096 light relay question
« on: April 07, 2022, 05:20:20 PM »
I am working on my sisters 1096 machine it has a 5 coin multiplier. I have cleaned all the relays I can find and got all the lights working except the 1st coin light it will sometime light up but usually not. What relay is responsible for the 1st coin light?

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: Bally 1096 light relay question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 08:08:31 PM »
should just be a wiper finger on the coin unit disc ... or the lamp socket is flaky.

if you cleaned the rivets on the coin unit disc and the wiper fingers are making good contact to them (lift up and let go...you should hear it plink down), you could jumper the yellow wire to the yellow/black wire on the unit and see if the light is stable then.  If it is, it's the wiper or a wiring/solder issue.  If not, it's the lamp/socket.

you can find a schem for the 1096-10 and some other paperwork for 1096's on https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/

Offline gameking6

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 11:12:37 AM »
Thank you for the quick reply. Sorry I'm still a newbie. I'm not sure I cleaned the rivets on the coin unit disc because I'm not sure where the coin unit disc is :Tongue_Out:
You also pointed me to the schematic to the 1096-10 is that the correct model for this machine? What makes it a (-10) Thank you for your help.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 08:10:08 PM »
the -10 is the only 1096 schematic I have.

the full model number is on the plate on the outside of the cabinet below the handle ... if it's there ... and if it's right.

the differences between the versions of a model are usually minor ... except for the wiring between the reels if the type of game is different (e.g. jackpot-only versions had fewer symbols, blank spots on the reels, and higher payouts while fruit games had lots of smaller payouts and no blanks).  Looks like you have a triple bar jackpot-only style game and the -10 is a fruit game, so the schematic stuff for the reels and connections to the payout unit won't match.

the coin unit is the thing in your first picture that has the white ratchet/gear.  There should be a label stuck on the unit frame someplace.  The wipers are on the other side. 

post a pic of the wiper side if you aren't sure.

you can manually step the unit by pushing in the plunger on the bigger coil and letting go.  The wipers will rotate one ratchet tooth each time until you get to the "top", which is where the flat spot on the ratchet is.  You can reset the unit by pushing in the plunger on the smaller coil.

the wipers should step up and whizz back to reset.   If the wipers drag/stall when resetting, the contact plate rivets needs cleaning with something like isopropyl alcohol and a scrub pad.

you can look on youtube for "bally stepper units" for vids on cleaning.  You shouldn't need to take the thing apart since the ratchet side looks pretty clean.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 06:10:09 PM »
The following information is based on the 1090 and 1088 machines
Your machine may very.

Coin / odds unit will most likely be behind the top glass.
Either mounted on the back of the case or directly on the pull down light board.
The glass moves up slightly to be removed.
Place it in a save place face down.
Inspect the light in question, it might just be the socket or a bulb with corrosion.
Swap bulbs at this point as a process of elimination. Run the machine.

Locate the the step up unit. Manually step it up then reset it.
Observe the return action, it should go all the way back to the stop.
Observe the unit operation for awhile.

The rivets are on the opposite side of the ratchet wheel.
This area might need to be cleaned.

Post a photo of the unit in the 1st coin position.

Offline gameking6

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2022, 10:29:46 PM »
Thank you for the replies. The machine is at my sisters in another state when I get back there I will try the suggestions and post my results. Thanks again.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal