New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Identification / Help Change Batteries and Clear Machine.  (Read 1770 times)

Offline DB26

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Hello everyone.

I was asked to help with a low battery error on a Bally machine by someone local. I have only worked on IGT S2000 and S+ machines up until this point, so I need a little assistance. This appears to be a Bally Alpha machine and my research tells me this machine might take CR2032 and CR2477N batteries. Is that correct? And from what I have gathered, once I do replace the batteries, the machine will require a clear and a re-setup of the game? I will need a clear card, correct? And the batteries are in holders, I assume? Any soldering required? I can solder if need-be.  I will be looking at tutorials on how to clear and setup a game once I have a conformation on the platform I am working with. Thanks in advance for your help. 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 05:14:16 PM by DB26 »
-Robert

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: Bally Identification
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 01:36:27 PM »
Machine is a Bally Alpha, Yes it will take 2 of the CR2032 or 1 of the CR2477N. Yes it will require a clear, You will need a clear card. Batteries are in holders. No soldering required. Hope this helps. 

Offline DB26

• DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 01:46:13 PM »
Great! This helps tremendously, Thank you  I have the batteries, now I just need to contact the owner and see if they have the clear card.
-Robert

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 02:41:02 PM »
I forgot you will need one CR2032 also on the backplane.

Offline DB26

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 03:20:49 PM »
I will make sure I take plenty with me. Do you happen to have a picture of the clear card? The owner is not sure if she has one and I want to show her what to look for.
-Robert

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2021, 03:44:40 PM »
Clear cards vary. There are more than one. Clear will depend on the Bios chip. The bios is the 40 pin chip on the board. If you find out the number on that chip we can tell you what clear you will need.

Offline DB26

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2021, 05:13:35 PM »
I just talked with the owner. I am going to have to coach her through finding me that number on the 40 pin bios. I assume she will have to pull the brain box out? Does it just pull out or is there a latch? The locks are present so we are hoping those are in the unlocked position. After we find the number she’s going to have me buy the card and then I will end up going over and changing the batteries and setting up the game.

Does anyone have a picture of the 40 pin bios? It would save me some time trying to tell her where it is.
-Robert

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally Identification / Help Change Batteries and Clear Machine.
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2021, 05:34:58 PM »
There is no 40 pin BIOS. It will be either a 32 pin on a 300/400mhz board or 42 pin on a 1ghz board. Should be easy to spot. Just get the number from the OS card and assume that the BIOS is correct. 31x OS uses a 312 clear, 32x OS 320 clear, 33x or 34x OS will use a 335 clear. I have them available if needed. PM me if interested. The locks on the CPU should be a universal Bally key #52593.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2021, 05:36:45 PM »
RB I just realized I meant to say 32 pin. My Bad  :fryingpan:

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2021, 05:43:34 PM »
Here is a pic of the bios.

Offline DB26

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2021, 07:13:16 PM »
Thanks for the clarification, RB. And thank you for the picture erbs. I will find out which card I need soon. I will be back with an update soon.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 12:27:13 PM by DB26 »
-Robert

Offline DB26

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2021, 01:06:18 PM »
Still waiting on the bios number. They are having trouble removing the brain box. She said there is a small bolt that needs to be loosened, but they don’t have a wrench small enough. Can anyone confirm that about removal of the brain box? They showed me this number that was written near the top of the box. Any significance?

-Robert

Offline DB26

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2021, 07:14:08 AM »
The locks are unlocked, but she is not able to pull the brain box / MPU out. Can anyone confirm there is a bolt/bolts that need to be loosened? She said there is one she thinks needs to be taken out about the size of a mini m&m. Lol
-Robert

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2021, 07:54:55 AM »
No there should not be any screws, just pull it forward.  It may be tight, it slides snugly into the backplane.

Offline DB26

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2021, 09:01:24 AM »
Okay I’ll tell her. Thanks
-Robert

Offline DB26

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2021, 01:29:21 PM »
There is no 40 pin BIOS. It will be either a 32 pin on a 300/400mhz board or 42 pin on a 1ghz board. Should be easy to spot. Just get the number from the OS card and assume that the BIOS is correct. 31x OS uses a 312 clear, 32x OS 320 clear, 33x or 34x OS will use a 335 clear. I have them available if needed. PM me if interested. The locks on the CPU should be a universal Bally key #52593.

We got it! Here is the bios number.

-Robert

Offline DB26

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2021, 07:35:43 PM »
We got it guys! I went over and installed fresh 2032 batteries and cleared and setup the game. She’s a happy camper. Thanks for all your help everyone.
-Robert

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal