New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally alpha 2 won't load  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Thegambler327 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally alpha 2 won't load
« on: September 20, 2021, 04:36:55 PM »
So I picked up a bally alpha 2 that was converted from alpha 1. Guy said batteries were probably bad, changed out all 3 cleared the machine, went to install game white screen comes up and throws a couple codes and screen goes black. Tried doing a factory reset after multiple attempts to clear, used different install cards also and no change. So where do I start? I'm guessing bad hard-drive but figured I'd get a few opinions before I rip this apart.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Bally alpha 2 won't load
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 05:42:00 PM »
A "couple of codes" is too vague.  Can you post a screenshot of of the codes?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 06:08:10 PM »
I'll try and resize them, keep getting the files too big.

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 06:13:44 PM »
Says. Problem encountered for getting installed modules.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 09:15:20 PM »
Post a screen shot that shows your installed modules (the white install screen).  It is possible that you have an OS dependency issue with the software you are trying to load.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 08:03:03 AM »
I'll try and resize them, keep getting the files too big.
Resize one side of the photo file (Horizontal or vertical ) to 1000KB and save to desktop then post newly resized photo.

Or

Email photo to yourself and upload that.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 12:47:56 PM »
see if this works

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2021, 10:38:33 PM »
Need the right side of the window, which display whatever is installed in the system.

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2021, 03:27:33 AM »
Nothing is installed, I did a factory reset. Still no change. White screen comes up and after a few seconds goes black

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2021, 03:38:33 AM »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2021, 02:41:49 PM »
based on the splash screen you appear to have a really old version of the install program, do you happen no know what bios version is in your mpu?  It is normally displayed on the right hand window, but since the system cannot seem to get that information, you will have to pull out the mpu and look at the bios chip. 

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2021, 04:38:59 PM »
Is it on the mpu or backplane? Gotta be honest someone built this thing a while ago and it's kinda pieced together

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2021, 07:14:41 PM »
You can also look it up when the machine first powers up, during POST there is a screen with text on it.  Take a photo of the text before it disappears, it will display the bios version among other things.  But if you want to know, the BIOS chip is inside the mpu, located inside a a socket that has 2 little doors.  You open the little doors and there's a chip inside with some numbers on it written on a sticker.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal