New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Bonus Poker video machine - low battery message  (Read 7275 times)

Offline Pikestog01

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Pikestog01 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Bonus Poker video machine - low battery message
« on: March 15, 2018, 09:43:59 PM »
I have an old IGT Bonus Poker video machine in a wooden case. It had a low battery message on the screen. I pulled the mother board and replaced the battery but when I replaced the motherboard it still says battery low. Is there something else that needs to be done to reset the low battery message?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 07:48:46 AM by Pikestog01 »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: IGT Bonus Poker video machine - low battery message
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 10:40:22 PM »
Can you post a photo of the machine, and of the circuit board that has the battery? That will help to identify what you have so the advice you get will be more helpful.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Pikestog01

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 08:02:24 AM »
Here are some photos

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 05:58:05 PM »
A photo of the circuit board please.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 10:01:08 PM »
For the record, this is an IGT Player's Edge Plus (PE+) slant top video poker machine.

Can you verify that the new battery you soldered to the MPU board has good voltage (as measured with a voltmeter), and is installed with the polarity in the correct direction?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Pikestog01

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 05:31:27 PM »
Circuit board

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 05:50:56 PM »
 Can you post a clear close up photo of the battery area?  The overall photo is a bit small.

Offline Pikestog01

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 06:30:41 PM »
Battery area on MPU

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2018, 07:28:46 PM »
The green end of the Xeno battery is the positive end. Look on your board and make sure the battery is installed correctly.

If you have a meter you can check the battery, make sure it is 3.6 volts DC.

If the battery checks ok you can put your meter leads on the cmos ram chip as shown in photo below, look for +3.6 volts battery voltage to be there. If the +3.6 volts isn't there then check the soldering on the battery holder. If your meter shows -3.6 volts with the meter leads as shown below then the battery is installed backwards.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:29:13 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 04:02:17 PM »
The PE+ MPU boards did not ship with battery holders on them -- this was added by someone after the machine was manufactured.  Did you add it?

Maybe we should go back another step -- has this machine ever been working for you?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Pikestog01

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2018, 07:27:04 PM »
It was working for several years until the battery died. I could not find a battery with the leads already attached, so I ordered a battery holder for the size battery and soldered it in place. I don't think it's wise to solder directly onto a battery. Haha.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2018, 08:24:12 PM »
No, lead solder does not stick to stainless steel.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2018, 09:32:05 PM »
It was working for several years until the battery died. I could not find a battery with the leads already attached, so I ordered a battery holder for the size battery and soldered it in place.

Did this ever work with the battery holder in place?  If not, I think the possibilities are:

- Dead/under-voltage replacement battery
- Improper battery for the application
- The soldering for the holder isn't making a good connection

As rokgpsman suggested earlier, grab a multi-meter and measure voltage on the board to see if you're getting battery voltage where you should be.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2018, 10:08:06 PM »
It was working for several years until the battery died. I could not find a battery with the leads already attached, so I ordered a battery holder for the size battery and soldered it in place. I don't think it's wise to solder directly onto a battery. Haha.

A battery with axial solder leads ("pigtails") is available from many places, below are two examples. This style battery can have the leads shortened and bent so you can solder it to the board solder pads.  Also, you can use any brand of battery, as long as it is 1/2 AA size, 3.6 volts.

If the soldering of the battery holder is bad you could remove the battery holder and install a battery with leads, that way you are more likely to get it connected properly. Or redo the battery holder soldering and try again.

http://www.spininc.com/07886-0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pack-Titus-1-2-AA-Size-3-6V-ER14250FAX-Lithium-Battery-w-Axial-Wire-Leads/221793617508?hash=item33a3ee0664:g:ajMAAOSwKrhVd0Ig

And here is one with the solder tabs like the original battery on your board:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Piece-Omnicel-ER14250T-1-2-AA-Size-3-6V-Lithium-Batteries-With-Solder-Tabs/272181058369?hash=item3f5f415b41:g:ho0AAOSw9KpW~ZF-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 10:24:10 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2018, 10:34:47 PM »
All Electronics sells a 1/2 AA with wire leads for under $4.
Good quality, strong wire bonds to the body.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2018, 10:41:17 PM »
All Electronics sells a 1/2 AA with wire leads for under $4.
Good quality, strong wire bonds to the body.

but their shipping charge is $8.00    :garfield:

Offline Pikestog01

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2018, 05:11:23 AM »
One other thing to mention is that when I removed the original battery, the thin metal plate on the board that the battery was soldered to, came loose from the board. I wasn't sure how to reattached it, so I glued it back in place. Was that a mistake? What to do now?

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 07:42:27 AM »

One other thing to mention is that when I removed the original battery, the thin metal plate on the board that the battery was soldered to, came loose from the board. I wasn't sure how to reattached it, so I glued it back in place. Was that a mistake? What to do now?

Most likely this is your problem. Those pads have small traces going to them. Then those trace go throughout the board. If one of those pads came off it probably broke the trace. You will need to find which one is not making the connection and repair it. Or, you can send it to one of the vendors here who can repair it for you.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 10:11:42 AM »
Oh yeah, that's your problem. When you apply heat with the soldering iron you can't heat it too much or the pad will come loose from the circuit board. Then while you are applying pressure to it you broke the solder pad loose from the board path (the board's copper trace connection). So essentially the battery is no longer connected. When soldering you have to be careful about overheating the solder pads or that will happen. Someone can probably add a repair wire and fix this.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:20:21 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline Pikestog01

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2018, 01:09:01 PM »
Thank you all for your help. I got the low battery to go away. Now all it says is call attendan and the change button is flashing. See photo

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal