**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Bally Alpha Reel Games

Blank screen after battery change on a S9000 Elite?

<< < (2/4) > >>

LMAOallday:
I know I'm late to this but do you remember what battery you used?  Mine has 3 - 2032 (two on the main unit and one on the back board.  I'm asking because I got the machine from a guy that "just changed the batteries" and now the monitor won't come on.  Thanks.

rickhunter:
If you have a computer monitor, you can use it to troubleshoot.  Connect it to the mpu's video connector to see if you get an image on your computer monitor.  If it does not, then you may have a bad power supply in the mpu or bad mpu.  If you get an image there, but you don't get an image on the top box.  Trace the connector to make sure everything is in good.  Does the monitor have a green led light lit up when you power up?  if you disconnect the vga plug from the mpu, do you get any text on the screen that says no signal or something like it?

LMAOallday:
I saw everything on before he changed the batteries.   It came up with a "low battery" alarm on the screen.  He changed the 3 batteries and it's been down since.  I don't know if the correct batteries are in there.

rickhunter:
Bad batteries do not prevent the system from booting, it will error out, but you will still see stuff on the screen.  Pull out the 24v power supply from the cabinet and look at the caps to see if they are bulging out.  I recently fixed a machine that had no picture on screen, the power supply was weak, as soon as I changed the bad caps, it lit up like a xmas tree.

LMAOallday:
I will try a new power supply and let you know how it goes.  Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version