**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Aristocrat Video Gaming Machines

Aristocrat Caribbean Gold II - MK4

(1/1)

mtgedney:
Greatings all.  Long time lurker, first time poster.  I picked up a MK4 Caribbean Gold II that is not currently working.  I've repaired a lot of arcade machines but never dabbled in slot machines.  I was surprised there was not more documentation available for these games.  No manuals or wiring diagrams, or general information, as it took some time to figure out this was referred to a MK4 or 540 system.  Is there a place with more information out there?

This machine powers on, lights up, makes a few sounds but that is it.  No display.  I was also surprised these were CGA monitors in the mid-90s (is there an isolation transformer in these for the crt?). 

Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks.

shortrackskater:
 :NLG_WELCOME:

I'm not all that familiar with Aristocrat, but in our NLG Downloads section, there are two versions of the 540 manual.
Becoming a contributing member will give you access to everything in the downloads section. You can be one for a month or year - whatever works for you.  :yes:

Subscription link:
https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions

Link to Aristocrat downloads:
https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;cat=2

mtgedney:
I've gotten this machine mostly back to life but while monkeying around with the bill acceptor, which has yet to work, I'm continually getting a "main door" open error. I assume I may have damaged one of tge two opto switches for the door switch? I can see light emitting with one phone with the one but the other side is buried in the door pretty far. Anyone tie these together within the cab? Anything else that could be wrong? Also, where is the external battery on this machine?

mtgedney:
I tried to bypass the opto switch on the door but it did not resolve the door open code. I may have to reset the machine? Will be hard as I don't have the keys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version