**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Other Reel Games

CEI Hot Slot Restoration Ques 1 Capacitor Selection

<< < (2/2)

Chris-socal:
Be sure to check the tantalum capacitors for ESR/short. They are the ceramic looking ones but they are polarized like an electrolytic. They can be replaced with electrolytic of same value. They are notorious for shorting or blowing their tops.

You might be able to find another.1M cap on the board and read its voltage rating, manufacturers tend to use the same components for ease of inventory management.

One thing you might consider is buying a electrolytic capacitor assortment from Amazon or Bob Roberts. You might spend $20–$40 but you will have most of the common caps. I have no issues with Bojack from Amazon or the caps Bob Roberts sells. Some people insist on paying for a name they recognize….but in many cases its those we are replacing. I check every new cap before installing and never get a bad one, nor have I had one fail. On the flip side I work on boards all the time that have 40 year old no-name caps that are perfectly fine. That doesn’t mean every no-name brand is good, Im just saying I use those with no problems.

Bobroberts.net has great shipping rates, but you need to email your order and mail them a check. Alice is fast to reply with a total and ships quickly.

Chris

tryingtolearn:
Thanks - Great info.  Just kind of going through things systematically since I don't know any history on the unit or what was working and what wasn't.  Then seeing the things hacked together here and there decided its best to just go over the entire machine. 

Turning out to be way more than a quick job for a regular but oh well - learning more on slots...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version