Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors > Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors
Magnetic coil behind coin mech
(1/4) > >>
Shaggy:
Has anyone ever had one of these coils go bad? Mine is on an old s/s machine and it started "chattering" the other day. That causes an error and shuts down play. The bracket says 50 v.a.c. checking the 2 wires running to it it's supplying a steady 60v. I'm not sure what it's even called other than old magnetic coil. The magnet energizes but drops and picks up constantly. Sounds like a Woodpecker. Thanks in advance.

Dave
CVslots:
Sure, it's a coin reject coil (that's what I call it anyway, lol). Sometimes they go out completely, and sometimes they just Wont shut up!

If its chattering, but still has proper voltage, there are ways to quiet them. Try a Search, if you havent. It maybbe on old site? Clean the contacts, and tighten down the mounting paper, and I think there's a trick with a piece of paper shoved somewhere!

Roz
Shaggy:

--- Quote from: CVslots on April 24, 2015, 08:02:35 AM ---Sure, it's a coin reject coil (that's what I call it anyway, lol). Sometimes they go out completely, and sometimes they just Wont shut up!

If its chattering, but still has proper voltage, there are ways to quiet them. Try a Search, if you havent. It maybbe on old site? Clean the contacts, and tighten down the mounting paper, and I think there's a trick with a piece of paper shoved somewhere!

Roz

--- End quote ---

Thanks I will do just that. I forget about the old site as I was never on there. I'll see what I can find.

Dave
CVslots:
No problem. Oh, the old site is where all the good info is!  :cool_thumb_up:

If you don't get it to quiet down, I have them for sale as well. Just email if you need one.

Roz
shortrackskater:

--- Quote from: CVslots on April 24, 2015, 08:02:35 AM ---... and I think there's a trick with a piece of paper shoved somewhere!

Roz

--- End quote ---

You shove the paper in your ears...then you don't hear the noise anymore! :rotfl:
Sorry but had to add that... Friday funnies!

I've carefully sprayed lubricating contact cleaner (power off!) on and around those coils and the buzzing stopped or was reduced greatly.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version