New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Media player for top box  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Hertz14

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Media player for top box
« on: September 23, 2022, 04:24:45 PM »
Anyone successful using a media player for the top box on an Alpha 1? I’m on my second trial- hooked the vga up and I get a red hued image, only for a second, then blank. Now no vga output at all. Only thing on the box that will show an image is the hdmi out. Tried with an adapter from hdmi to dvi to vga and still nothing. This is the second box that is having the same issue.

Is it possible there is a voltage feedback that’s frying the box?

I’m using a tatung 20 touch up there, touch is not working so it became a top monitor if that makes any difference.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 236
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Media player for top box
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 08:19:11 PM »
Did you unplug the secondary video cable from the video card and plug top monitor in where the video topper would normally go?

Offline Hertz14

• Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 08:45:03 PM »
Alpha 1 v20/20- just disconnected the vga right at the vid card on the mpu, only cable going to the top monitor besides power. Ran that to the media player.

I did use the switched receptacle for the power for the box? Tested it with a dvm and it’s at 120vac.

Maybe I was a bit unclear- I’m trying to use the media player on the upper monitor, not a topper monitor.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 09:09:26 PM by Hertz14 »
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 09:32:12 PM »
Are you using a bally alpha2 media player or normal media player?  I have a non bally media player set up on a S9000 and a bally2 media player on a 20/20 transparent.  The bally media player plugs in on the left side of top box.  I have other media player plugged into switched topbox outlet.  I have never tried to hook up top monitor instead of topper so I guess I'm not much help.  There should be a remote for a normal media player, make sure you are in the right mode.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 10:06:55 PM by sixcardmark »

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2022, 04:03:28 AM »
Are you using a bally alpha2 media player or normal media player?  I have a non bally media player set up on a S9000 and a bally2 media player on a 20/20 transparent.  The bally media player plugs in on the left side of top box.  I have other media player plugged into switched topbox outlet.  I have never tried to hook up top monitor instead of topper so I guess I'm not much help.  There should be a remote for a normal media player, make sure you are in the right mode.

I’m sure this setup is similar- I’m using just a cheap $30 box from China. On my machine, the vga cable runs from the belly to a divider plate adapter between the top and bottom screen areas. Then there’s ashort cable going to the vga in on the screen. There’s no thru hole in the plate in the cab, which shouldn’t really matter as the adapter is vga male to vga male, same pin out. 

As I said before- this is the second one I’ve tried. It’s like as soon as I hook it up to the vga cable, it fries out the box. As a dum dum, I didn’t test it on my computer monitor first so it’s hard to say if it was bad from the start. But both did the exact same thing- had a faint picture but only in red and only for a few seconds. Then nothing. When I put the box on my computer Tv/monitor now, I get nothing on vga, scrambled picture with video out, nothing on component out and normal picture on hdmi. I’m going to go back in and see if there’s a setup in the menu for video out, maybe hdmi is the nominal output.

Both boxes are of similar construction, both made in China. I should note too that I’m getting my power for the box from the switched 110v outlet in the machine. I did test it with a dmm and have 120vac, so there shouldn’t be an issue there.

Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 02:38:00 PM »
Got it!!!! Had to select the output on the remote and zoom and position screen, but so happy! Looks good IMO.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2022, 03:34:01 PM »
Got it!!!! Had to select the output on the remote and zoom and position screen, but so happy! Looks good IMO.
:cool_thumb_up:  Thought it must be an output mode problem.  Glad you got it!  Don't have to worry about that with the bally player.

Online coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2022, 05:46:08 PM »
Glad you got it working with the Video topper file! Looks sharp!  :applause:
-------
Charles

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal