New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Alpha pro v32 emmotive lighting issue  (Read 1821 times)

Offline Hertz14

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Alpha pro v32 emmotive lighting issue
« on: February 07, 2023, 09:58:20 PM »
Have an alpha pro v32 on which the lighting cycles red green blue every couple seconds. Not staying a solid color or reacting to the game. Bad lcu? Tried a different usb cable, just seems like it’s not communicating. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 239
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Alpha pro v32 emmotive lighting issue
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 01:33:28 PM »
If machine has led speakers try unplugging them, it could be the led speakers or their harness.  If you don't have led speakers I have a spare lcu board.

Offline Hertz14

• Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 01:42:36 PM »
No led speakers here, but looking to upgrade them in the future, so if I were to get the board, probably just go for the 5 series rev or up- assuming yours is a lower rev that you upgraded? I’m gonna check the dips later today to see if something is messed up there. Shoot me a pm with a price on it for the heck of it.

I’m getting more familiar with the A2 platform, and from what I understand, those leds may flash if there’s a tilt or issue somewhere? Game plays fine and no tilts that are indicated. Unplugging the usb makes no change either, so that has me thinking that there’s no communication from the mpu to the board.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline dailey

• Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 08:35:13 PM »
Is your machine cycling only red, green blue, no other colors?  All of the lights or just certain lights like the cabinet lights?

What happens when you boot up? Each device plugged into the LCU ports (0 thru 7) should cycle through the colors, one device at a time. Does it happen? (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet)

The LCU has a green LED indicator light. Is the light on, is it blinking, and what pattern of blinks. (One, two, three, four blink pattern) The single blink, (blink, delay, blink, etc.) indicates it communicates with the CPU and there are no errors.

Have you recently made any changes to the machine, like adding a topper? The whole issue could be the LCU firmware version is not compatible with one of the devices plugged into the LCU port, or one of the devices is defective. Try disconnecting the topper and see what happens when you boot up.

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 08:50:54 PM »
Awesome info. I had someone check their lcu dip settings, mine had one different, so tried that. Booted and the same thing. My belly emblem light isn’t working so I disconnected and plugged back in and the  the lights cycled and stayed blue. The belly emblem is still out, probably a bad board. The led on the lcu board was blinking when the lights were cycling red, green blue, but now on solid. I didn’t document how many blinks as I didn’t know what was normal.

I have an upgrade board coming as my plans are to add led speakers and a crown topper, dress it up a bit.

I just got this machine, just working out the bugs.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline dailey

• dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 09:39:21 PM »
Attached is some additional info you might find helpful. LCU DIP settings & LCU versions.

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2023, 07:26:54 AM »
Valuable information. Thank you.

I booted up the machine last night and it went back to the color cycling, lcu indicator lcd on solid. Once I get the belly emblem led fixed, I’ll know if that was the issue. I was able to get a rev 8 board coming, so either way it will eliminate the board as an issue. My lcu doesn’t have a rev label on it so I’m assuming it’s a very early release.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2023, 05:39:43 PM »
Well I swapped the belly emblem board, still nothing. There is a male spade coming out of the board- is this supposed to be a ground?

Also can someone tell me if the connector ports on the lcu are interchangeable? I’m guessing yes. It’s still color cycling then goes to no lights. Guessing it times out. I’ve also tried disconnecting the logo board and it still color cycles. Led on the LCU is on solid.

Connectors I have in the LCU- topper x 2, (guessing one is the super candle), belly lights, side lights, power, usb, and one black connector which I’m not sure where it goes.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline dailey

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2023, 12:15:10 AM »
I don't know if the male spade of the emblem board is ground, but mine has nothing connected to it.

Attached are the ports identification and assignments, plus a peek at my board.

The LCU indicator light is on solid and doesn't go out or blink ?  The board is offline. It's not communicating with the MPU. Try another USB cable.

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2023, 05:24:19 AM »
Thanks Dailey,

Mine only has 1 connector for the super candle, port 1, yours looks to be filling both 1 and 0.

Also, I’ll have to do some tracking but my belly logo harness combines with the belly door, goes into port 5 I believe (have to double check). If this schematic is correct, I may have a wiring issue as well. I’ll try a different usb and do some wire tracing.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline dailey

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2023, 01:35:46 PM »
My port 1 connects to the speaker lights. I believe port 0 and 2 are the topper. 16-pin and 12-pin black connectors.

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2023, 01:53:05 PM »
Makes sense as I have not added those yet.

I unplugged the bellly logo lamp connector at the lcu, and the board reset and the lights cycled thru the colors properly. I think there’s a break or short in the harness as it still has the solid board led if I unplug it at the light. But at least now all of the others work.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal