New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Noisy Alpha reels  (Read 22779 times)

Offline Papacon78

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Papacon78 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Noisy Alpha reels
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2021, 01:09:42 PM »
I would love to quiet mine down, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the reels out, what's the trick?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2021, 01:20:23 PM »
Loosen the thumbscrews on top of the reel baskets. Pull on the tab to the right of the screws.

Offline Papacon78

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2021, 01:29:36 PM »
I loosened the screws and was trying to pull up. So pull towards me? Does the harness come with the reel, seems to run through the bracket.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2021, 01:31:26 PM »
Yes on both counts.

Offline Papacon78

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2021, 01:33:16 PM »
Thank you, I'll give it a go once people are done playing. It's popular already.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2021, 01:40:12 PM »
You may need to rock it around a bit, it plugs into a socket right behind and in between the screws and the tab.

Offline Papacon78

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2021, 01:01:48 PM »
Got em out, stuck the rubber bands in, and voila! So much quieter. Next noise maker is power supply fans. Thanks for the tip(s)

Offline charizard87

• Reputation Power: 1
  • charizard87 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2023, 06:36:05 PM »
Just to bring this topic back. I used double sided 3M 1/2in tape on my s9000 reels and worked like a charm. No more noisy reels. Placed the tape in the gap between the reel tape and each of the 4 cross bars

Offline QuickHit

• Reputation Power: 0
  • QuickHit New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2023, 08:17:03 PM »
I’m not sure I have a vibration issue, it’s more like a winding sound that changes tone every spin. Is this the same issue or is it the reel motor?

Offline charizard87

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2023, 08:37:07 PM »
I’m not sure I have a vibration issue, it’s more like a winding sound that changes tone every spin. Is this the same issue or is it the reel motor?

Yes it’s likely part of the same issue. Please make the following test. Remove the reel strip from the basket and play a few times if the winding sound goes away the problem is because the strip is not firmly placed into the reel mechanism

Offline QuickHit

• Reputation Power: 0
  • QuickHit New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2023, 06:26:05 PM »
Thanks charizard87. I finally got the reel out carefully but now im concerned about removing the strip properly, any guides to remove/change the strips? Like where to unclip it or slide it out so not to damage any part of it? I’ve been combing through the manuals I found on this site but nothing showing how to do this? Thanks for your help.

Offline charizard87

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2023, 07:04:04 PM »
Although I don’t know the most appropriate procedure for it. What I would normally do once I took the whole assembly out is if you hold the reel and look into the step motor you will see 4 silver screws that holds the reel basket with the step motor shaft. I would unscrew those 4 to separate the reel and the basket from the assembly. Then please notice that one of the longitudinal basket beams has one tiny hole in it. That hole would indicate you where the reel strip should be placed as a starting point. In order to take the strip out I would peel the adhesive off in one of the ends and bend the strip a little bit to make it pop out the basket and the the whole strip would come off.

Then I would carefully clean each component and apply double sided tape on each transversal shaft in the basket in order to ensure the strip is firmly making contact with the basket and get rid off any vibration.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal