New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Converting a Game King from 13" CRT to 15" LCD  (Read 16483 times)

Offline TheAirBalancer

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • TheAirBalancer New User has no influence.
  • TheAirBalancer
Converting a Game King from 13" CRT to 15" LCD
« on: May 03, 2014, 06:36:08 PM »
Recently I did the conversion to my upright. While selling the old CRT I received a couple of PMs and both mentioned that they were considering the LCD conversion. So I thought I would show before and after photos and offer up my experiences & 2 cents for anyone who is thinking about doing it.

Here's what I had to do to convert;

I went with a Ceronix model 1493 LCD touchscreen (19 pin). The bezel was included inside of the box. Installation was really easy. I removed the old CRT and the old bezel. I had to scrape away some old gasket material that was between the bezel and the machine door with a razor blade. I replaced the gasketing myself with "armaflex" black foam tape (used for pipe insulation) that I cut into thin strips before I put the bezel in. The new LCD had everything needed right in chassis so you just slide it in. It has a tab in the back that fit into a slot on the monitor shelf to hold it in place. The monitor shelf is adjustable but I didn't have to adjust it. After turning the machine on I did some very slight adjustments of the picture in the LCD menu and was good to go.

My 2 cents;

The LCD was NOT cheap and anyone considering the conversion surely knows that it costs several hundred dollars. I thought about it but decided it was worth it for me. I love my little machine and plan to keep it for some time. That made the decision to convert pretty easy. The new LCD is MILES better than the CRT. It's significantly larger at 15" and sits up a little closer to the door. They fill every millimeter of space available with screen. It's crisp & clean, and I literally said "WOW" when I first saw it turn on. Anyway, here are some before/after pictures (a game swap and other improvements were done between photos) but you can see the difference in screens hopefully,

A view of the inside..

« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:57:58 AM by Ron (r273) »
:az_flag:

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Converting a Game King from 13" CRT to 15" LCD
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 07:11:28 PM »
Very nice job, nice and clean..   :I_agree_1:   I recently did a similar conversion on my Game King Slant Top.. I went from a 19" CRT to a 19" LCD. I know what your saying about the picture quality, but I went one step farther and installed a Stainless Steel skin.. See my before and after pics..  :1: for the job done...

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline TheAirBalancer

• TheAirBalancer
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 07:35:30 PM »
Thanks Amechanic,

I'm sure you'll agree that the the real fun is doing the "make-over" work itself but the end result makes for a really great playing experience. The fruits of your labor and whatnot.
Great Job on your machine as well, I love the blue GK side & top glass + the chrome!  :1:

Offline SilverFerret

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • SilverFerret New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 04:21:02 PM »
Do you still have the player tracking set-up and be willing to sell it?
Thanks, Jim

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 04:41:55 PM »
Thanks, Jim

Who are you asking Jim?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline TheAirBalancer

• TheAirBalancer
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 05:11:04 PM »
Thanks, Jim

Who are you asking Jim?

If it's me, I traded the panel that had tracking for the yellow denomination panel that's in it now.

Offline SilverFerret

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • SilverFerret New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 06:12:32 PM »
Thanks, Jim

Who are you asking Jim?

If it's me, I traded the panel that had tracking for the yellow denomination panel that's in it now.
Yes, that's what I was asking. Bummer.
Thanks, Jim

Offline nateccnn

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • nateccnn New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 04:49:40 PM »
Doh!

You inspired me with this post.  I just pulled the plug on two of these bad boys direct from Ceronix.  That's an expensive itch to scratch.

Guess I'm going to have to upgrade to 3902 and newer game software now.

Before:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal