New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 873 - Lighting and other electrical issues  (Read 41571 times)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 873 - Lighting and other electrical issues
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2017, 11:01:56 AM »
Fuses, see photo.
Send a photo of the door latch problem.
Outer star lights come on with 777s, then the machine automatically shuts down.
Door short could of been fuse problem.
Hopper running, Humm... could be a few things.

Clean the wipers by pulling them back out of the way. Or remove the reels from the reel frame, the wipers will slide forward.
Remove reel mechanism from machine, push air cylinder "J" shaped lever half way, this should move the wipers back.
Unlatch reels, slide back and up. Push J lever all the way to release the wiper arms. Clean wipers, stop index arms and rollers. This also gives better access to the reel mechanism shafts and levers. When finished reset wiper arms have way then replace reel, be sure the square notch on the reels shaft is in the forward position. Test a few time.

Offline bobmueller

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • bobmueller New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2017, 08:28:23 PM »
After cleaning up the wiper boards and the relays on the real and then I cleaned up the payout traces and wipers on the hopper. I'm still getting weird payouts. I see one spot where they laid down some solder on a trace but the repair looks ok and its on the 18 pay line.

A cherry in the 3 line  with 5 coins in always pays 15. Two cherries (second center or in line) also pays 15. Plumbs on 3 line pays 15. Bells 19. Bars 103.

Cherry pays 7 in the second coin line. Two pays 8.

Cheery pays correct 2 on first line and correct 5 with two.

My first reel was dragging against the clevis that stops the reel. Once it spun freely I seem to get fewer payouts... Feels right.

Offline bobmueller

• NLG
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2017, 04:38:21 PM »
I've got a payout issue.

Always playing 5 coins:

Cherry on reel 1 third row will pay 15.
Two Cherries on line 5 pays 15.
Cherry on line 1 pays 4
Two cherries on line 1 pays 8 or 15
Plumbs, Bells and Bars almost always kicks 1-4 extras.
Cherries on the 3 coin line pay correctly.

From what I've read the extra coin is a hopper adjustment or something sticking.

Not sure if the payout issue with cherries is payout wiper on the hopper or elsewhere. I read a set up procedure for the hopper that describes indexing the wipers 9 clicks to align with the break in the traces. Then clicking to 10th wipers aligns with the 15 trace so I loss ended the screw and backed the wipers off so that they were dead center in the dead spot better. No change and I verified that the wipers didn't slip back.

Oldreno - fixed the door thanks is to you. I used a channel lock on the catches to pull them forward and align them with the door.  The threaded stud needed to be ground down a little so that it stopped binding the arm. Door is sagging but it's livable and I can get the key out.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2017, 08:24:58 PM »
Extra coin could be a coin stuck in the hopper shute from the previous payout.
When cherries hit on the top or bottom line the machine also pays on the diagonal line.
This would account for the additional coins.
The payout step up unit attached to the hopper steps up once for every coin that rolls under the roller.
Step up unit contacts should move onto the metal strips when the first coin goes under the roller.

There is a possibility that someone moved some wires on the reel wiper boards causing the over pay.
Like the cherries being wired to the plums 14 coins. This is very unlikely, but not to be ruled out.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2017, 07:24:04 PM »
Payboard only steps after the coin exits the roller. IOW, on the upstroke of either the coin out solenoid or mechanical step linkage.
Always look at where your payboard fingers are after a misspay. This will tell you a lot.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline bobmueller

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2017, 08:59:08 AM »
I've been cleaning and tracing out the wiring and pretty sure I've got everything working correctly as far as the contacts go. Hasn't solved my issue.

I'm getting double pays on cherries on first reel all lines or 15 coins with 5 in plus a bunch of other payment issues.

I've been looking around and found this post http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=27065.10;wap

One of the suggestions in this post was to index the hopper wiper 200x and see if it will go that far. I get to 163 and it stops. The pics are missing and I'm a little unsure how to go about setting it correctly.

Here are a couple of pics - I can get better ones up as these were really helpful in the case above.

Offline bobmueller

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2017, 01:30:38 PM »
Spreadsheet contains the last 30 spins and the symbols for each reel

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2017, 03:22:50 PM »
The machine is paying correctly if it's a 5 line machine. 3 horizontal pay lines and 2 diagonal pay lines.
A single cherry on lines 1 or 3 pays 2 on the horizontal line and 2 on the diagonal line equalling a total of 4.

Would it be possible to attach photos of the reel glass and top glass. It may have the wrong glass.

Oranges usually pay 10 and plums pay 14, but if they are combined with a cherry (ies) on another pay line
it adds to the payout.

Nice spread sheet!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 09:04:46 AM by DavidLee »

Offline bobmueller

• NLG
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2017, 04:12:25 PM »
It's paying right on some plays wrong on others. Oranges are paying 14 not 10 and 7's causes a hopper run on since it's only winding the wiper to 163.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2017, 08:11:33 AM »
Too much tension on your torsion spring will cause it to bind up before 200 steps
Back it off quarter or half turn & try again.

Offline bobmueller

• NLG
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2017, 02:32:13 PM »
I was fearing playing with any of the springs but once I dropped the pay board and rewound the spring the payouts were perfect +1 coin. Then the arm that pushes the coins out bent somehow and wound up letting coins slip behind the plate in the hopper. So it would seize the hopper trying to payout the first coin. Solution was to pull that apart the coin bin and bent the arm back into shape, then had to reset the payout disc because that moved when I was wrenching on the bin and walla payout perfection!

The only issue I have left is that the coins don't always run up the disc in the hopper... they miss sometimes to the point where it takes 30+seconds to pay 7 coins. I saw some suggestions on how to address that... I'll have to look if it's a big issue down the road.

[size=78%]Thanks to everyone that helped out, provided feedback or pics! [/size]

Now on to cosmetics! Hmmm to leave the "patina" or clean it up like new...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2017, 03:08:43 PM »
Add more coins to the hopper, see if that helps on the pay problem.
Detailing the exterior makes a big difference. The chrome plating cleans up very nice.

*********Also be carefull when cleaning the inside of the glass, just simple soap and water will remove the graphics [size=78%]In some cases.*********** Test a small corner first.[/size]

Take a photo before starting the clean up, just to compare.

Offline bobmueller

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2017, 03:50:50 PM »
The chrome cleaning is coming along. I thought I was going to need to rechrome the tray and replace the belly glass frame. Really glad I gave them a try.

Using steel wool and a polishing kit from Amazon for motorcycle header pipes. 

I need some advice on

1. Getting the dents out of the bezel
2. Restoring the yellow striping
3. Something's hitting the reels when the door is closed. Would someone post a clean shot of the inside of a door?

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2017, 04:42:31 PM »
Push on reel glass when reels spinning - probably hitting on your insert & coin accepted lights shield...

Offline bobmueller

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2017, 10:10:22 PM »
I put in a couple of hours of cleaning and these shot don't do it justice. Still some bad spots and lots of goop in the yellow channels. Ran out of scrubbing bubbles. Like the switches it'll be 4 or 5 cleaning attempts before it's done done.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal