New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Struggling on an S2000  (Read 1557 times)

Offline cuda

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • cuda New User barely matters.cuda New User barely matters.
Struggling on an S2000
« on: April 24, 2022, 03:20:22 PM »
OK so I purchased a new working board I purchased a new motherboard I’ve installed all of them into the machine I provided pictures now of how I have everything plugged in hoping maybe somebody will see that I plugged something in incorrectly but now the new board will go through the clear and key chip process but when I get the game chip in I get no display and the game won’t go into the config process. It does nothing I get all the lights lit on the board and it won’t do anything I can’t figure out what to do next if I pull the board and turn the game back on I’ll get the Netplex down and the display will be back on and the bill acceptor will cycle.  But put the board back in and nothing will happen.

This rookie needs your help.

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Struggling on an S2000
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 04:27:26 PM »
Swap J2 and J3. It might not make a difference though. Both are netplex.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline cuda

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 05:22:52 PM »

Appreciate it RB I will try anything.  I will report back.

Offline cuda

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 06:59:54 PM »

Appreciate it RB I will try anything.  I will report back.

Swapped them but no change, still the same out come

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 05:48:07 PM »

50x boards the netplex ports are in parallel so if you loose one port you usually loose all. 1270 boards are still technically parallel but have inductors in line with each port so it’s possible to only loose one port. Same with senet except 1270 boards have resistors on each port instead of the inductors.

Offline cuda

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 06:23:18 PM »

50x boards the netplex ports are in parallel so if you loose one port you usually loose all. 1270 boards are still technically parallel but have inductors in line with each port so it’s possible to only loose one port. Same with senet except 1270 boards have resistors on each port instead of the inductors.

I am not this advanced yet.  Tell me what you just said but like you are talking to a complete idiot which I am.  I have a Super Stepper 500 board so are you saying I probably have a board issue or mother board issue?  What should I do to get the game working?

I will say someone suggested that I unplug the printer and the BV and both run when I unplug them but do nothing when they are plugged in.

All lights are lit on the board except the red one and the game does nothing when I turn it off and then on. 

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2022, 07:49:37 PM »
...but when I get the game chip in I get no display and the game won’t go into the config process...
I'm going to assume you have everything plugged in correctly.
What are the numbers from the chip that you're presently trying?
Would you have another game chip to stick in?
Let's rule out "bad" chip.

Please tell us you always had the power OFF while changing stuff. (Inserting the MPU,  pushing in Molex connector plugs, etc etc.)
Too many things can burn out if the power is on.
Always...ALWAYS turn the power switch OFF if you have to change anything.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline cuda

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2022, 08:26:29 PM »
I always turn it off and on if changing anything

I just changed game chips to 363 to try that. Version 11 1 and I tried a couple of different game chips to check that.

I am open to try anything you suggest even if I have done it already once to see if it works though.

Offline cuda

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2022, 08:30:37 PM »
Do I dare stick the board in another working game or try the working games board in this machine?  I was always told don’t mess with a working game.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2022, 08:53:09 PM »
Do I dare stick the board in another working game or try the working games board in this machine?  I was always told don%u2019t mess with a working game.

You want to find out if the MPU you bought is any good.

1).If the MPU in the known good working cabinet is the same, try your questionable MPU in the good cabinet with the chips you have in it

2).Then with the chips that are in the good cabinet.

3).Then try the known good MPU in this questionable cabinet with its known good chips.

I mess with working games ALL THE TIME.
How else are you going to learn?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2022, 09:47:30 PM »
If you swap mpu's with different sg's or vs chip you probably will have to key or clear.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2022, 10:10:47 PM »

My comment was mainly to confirm with rb that on some machines yes swapping ports does make a difference.

I am not this advanced yet.  Tell me what you just said but like you are talking to a complete idiot which I am.  I have a Super Stepper 500 board so are you saying I probably have a board issue or mother board issue?  What should I do to get the game working?

I will say someone suggested that I unplug the printer and the BV and both run when I unplug them but do nothing when they are plugged in.

All lights are lit on the board except the red one and the game does nothing when I turn it off and then on.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal