New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ 3300 Code won't clear after partial payout  (Read 1449 times)

Offline jlreispro

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jlreispro New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ 3300 Code won't clear after partial payout
« on: May 30, 2022, 08:00:48 PM »
Good day to everyone.

I am a first time slot machine owner and purchased one that was not working.  After some very minor repairs, the machine was playing.  After a ten coin payout came up and it spit out 2 coins, a 3300 code appeared.  Opened the door and checked the hopper (coins present) and found a jammed coin in between the halves of the plastic bucket.  Got it cleared, put it all back, shut door and the code stayed.  I ran test number 3 to have it output 10 coins and that works - sort of.  Completely disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled the hopper only to figure out the coin counter switch works fine but the knife and wiper are not making correct contact after adjustment.   Ordered new of each but that doesn't seem to be creating the 3300 error.  One other thought I had was to cheat the door sensor so I could watch but the hopper does not turn when the door is shut, only during a test.  This is officially where I ran out of ideas. 

I've seen posts about people using a clear chip but one of the warning messages by the folks who know way more than me was not to ever use it.  Are there any other tests I can use or other adjustments I can make?  My machine also does not have the attendant key but a push button on the side by the arm.  Would an attendant switch make a difference here?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks and have an awesome week,
Justin

IGT S-Plus: 3342-0872

Pinball machines, jukeboxes, and now slot machines.  Lucky to have a partner who understands a person needs money pits, er, hobbies.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT S+ 3300 Code won't clear after partial payout
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 09:06:04 PM »
Hi Justin,

Welcome to the site.

:NLG_WELCOME:

A 3300 error is a "Hopper Empty" error on an IGT S+ machine.  Basically, the machine will throw that error if it is attempting to dispense coins from the hopper and no coins have passed through the coin-out optic on the hopper within about ten seconds.  Typically this would be due to a lack of coins in the hopper, although as you discovered it can also happen if there's an issue with the knife and coins aren't being dispensed out of the machine even if the hopper isn't actually empty.

The typical resolution of this error is to refill the hopper (or fix the knife issue in your case), close and fully latch the door, and the machine should attempt to resume the payout that was in progress.  Once it has successfully paid out every coin owed to the player, it will be ready for play again.

I'm not 100% clear on whether you repaired your hopper issue or not based on your message.  You said it "works - sort of".

With the 3300 error on the screen, if you close and fully latch the door the 3300 code should disappear from the display (at least for a little while until the machine thinks the hopper is empty again), and you should hear the hopper spinning and attempting to pay out the remaining coins owed.  You can remove the coin tray prior to closing the door and the machine will still allow you to close the door -- that will allow you to better hear the hopper and what it's doing or not doing.  If the 3300 code does not disappear from the display upon closing and latching the door, the machine is not sensing that the door is closed and will not do anything until it has sensed that the door is closed.

As far as the door optics, I am not a big fan of bypassing them.  You can if you need to, but I prefer to leave them hooked up and working normally as it just adds additional complications and failure points in my opinion if you bypass them.

As far as your jackpot reset keyswitch just being a simple doorbell button, that's not an issue.  All the real jackpot reset keyswitch does is momentarily close the circuit of the two wires that go to the keyswitch when the key is turned.  A pushbutton would accomplish the same result.

The RAM clear chip is frowned upon because folks tend to want to use it as a first attempt to "fix everything" rather than addressing the actual problem. For folks who have an otherwise functioning machine, using the RAM clear chip just serves to reset every setting that had already been configured, and it also disables the dollar bill validator (if equipped). As such, we tell folks not to use the clear chip because for the average homeowner it can cause more problems than they expected, and folks can accidentally damage their boards in the removal, EPROM installation, and insertion process. In short, yes, a RAM clear can fix some issues, but generally fixing the actual problem is a better solution.

In your case, if you ran a RAM clear, it would indeed clear out the issue of the machine trying to pay out and your game would be functional again (but you'd have to re-enable the bill validator if you have one).  However, you'll just run into the same issue again the next time the machine tries to pay out, until you actually fix the hopper.

If you're able to, a great diagnostic tool for us who aren't there seeing your machine and what it's doing or not doing is to take a video on your phone, and upload it to YouTube and post a link here. Then we can see exactly what's happening and give some suggestions.  You don't have to do that, but it can certainly be helpful to get some extra sets of eyes on what your machine is doing.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline jlreispro

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 05:09:56 AM »
Thank you for the explanation and ideas.

I did get the hopper cleared.  What I did not get was it to dispense correctly.  The motor will turn and the pinwheel picks up coins but between the knife and the wiper, coins are not being properly dispensed.  I ordered new ones but they won't be here until week's end.  When I run test three, I can manually actuate the coin detection switch to make it think it releases all ten coins if it keeps spinning but not ejecting all the coins.

The part I don't quite understand is that the machine used to self-test the hopper.  Once this message came up, I can close the door after powering up but I only hear the bill validator going through exercises.  Latch down should be the only requirement to make sure the door is closed as I did not see any lock sensor. 

I will shoot a video and post the link a little later per your suggestion.

Again, thank you for the wonderful information and help.

Cheers,
Justin
Pinball machines, jukeboxes, and now slot machines.  Lucky to have a partner who understands a person needs money pits, er, hobbies.

Offline jlreispro

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 06:25:53 AM »
Good day, again.

Progress!  It seems part of the self test issue is the bill validator door, which sits off to the side of this machine.  The door was apparently not closed fully (lock is broken).  When I was closing everything up and clearing things out of the way, I must have moved the door enough to make it fall back open.  Closed it tight and viola, the machine when through wheel spin back to the last payout and spun the hopper.  No coins came out but progress.

Now I just need to get the hopper parts and get it adjust correctly and see if that can clear the 3300.  The repair manual has the wiper adjustments for a pinwheel style hopper but nothing for the knife.  Any recommendations on the best way to get it dialed it to start kicking out quarters?

Thanks!

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 08:37:11 AM »
Knife and optics sold at www.slotmachinerepair.com
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2022, 04:46:32 PM »
I have used a heat gun to re-shape the knife while waiting for the replacement
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2022, 06:27:40 PM »
 "The repair manual has the wiper adjustments for a pinwheel style hopper but nothing for the knife. "

The knife is held by two screws.
The pointy end just rests on top of the coin shelf so coins can roll onto it.
If the knife is worn or misshapen, you can turn it over and run the top flat on some sandpaper or an emery board.

Take some pictures...let us see your knife with a coin sitting on the coin shelf just before it goes onto the knife.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 07:08:03 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline jlreispro

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2022, 07:15:21 PM »
Good day, all!

I took a picture of the old knife and the replacement knife.  it's hard to see in the second blurry photo but the backside of the knife had a chip out of it. Along with the wear, I think this was the problem as the machine now kicks coins out wonderfully.

As for this problem, I think that's a wrap.  I still have some additional issues I want to sort out but that is for another string. 

Thank you for all the help!
Justin

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal