New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Won't boot..."No IGT signature is found"  (Read 2915 times)

Offline wilm245

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • wilm245 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Won't boot..."No IGT signature is found"
« on: June 02, 2022, 07:02:27 AM »
I have a G23 AVP machine that was working fine until I moved it from my garage to the inside of my house.  Now when I power on the machine I get the AVP screen that always pops up upon boot, but now it has a message in the upper right hand corner saying "No IGT signature is found" and it stays stuck like that and will not boot.  The only thing that I had to do to the machine was remove a polygon topper because it was too tall and hit my ceiling.  Could it be possible that the disconnected topper wires could cause this to happen?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Won't boot..."No IGT signature is found"
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 07:46:28 AM »
No, Check the grey ribbon cable that comes out of the mpu and make sure it not damaged or disconnected or loose on either end.  If that is secure, then you might have a hard drive issue.  Do you have an ekey7 and a diagnostic usb drive?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline wilm245

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 11:20:19 AM »
No, Check the grey ribbon cable that comes out of the mpu and make sure it not damaged or disconnected or loose on either end.  If that is secure, then you might have a hard drive issue.  Do you have an ekey7 and a diagnostic usb drive?
Thanks Rick.  I checked the ribbon cable and it wasn't loose on either end.  It doesn't appear to be damaged either.  I have 2 G23 AVP machines and one of them is working perfectly right now so I can try swapping the ribbon cables to rule that out as the issue.  I do have a diagnostic key, and an ekey.  I'm not sure if its "ekey 7" but it allows me to install, remove, and configure games and other settings.  Any suggestions as to what I should check next?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 08:48:03 AM »
Boot with ekey and diagnostic key and look at your storage and see if the diagnostic key can read the hard drive contents.  Your hard drive might have gone bad, or something got loose.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline wilm245

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 11:51:12 AM »
Boot with ekey and diagnostic key and look at your storage and see if the diagnostic key can read the hard drive contents.  Your hard drive might have gone bad, or something got loose.

Thanks Rick.  You are suggesting that I should insert the ekey in one USB port and the diagnostic key in the other USB port, at the same time, and then boot the machine with both inserted.  Am I understanding this correctly?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2022, 12:09:10 PM »
Yes, and you have to use the usb ports that are inside the little door area.

Offline wilm245

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2022, 02:42:47 PM »
Yes, and you have to use the usb ports that are inside the little door area.

I tried inserting the ekey and the diagnostic key in the usb ports that are in the little door on the front of the cpu box while the machine was powered off.  Then I powered on the machine and unfortunately it did the same thing it has been doing.  The AVP screen showed up on the screen with the "no IGT signature found" message.  The CPU did emit the normal beep sound like it should.  The green light that is on the tip of the ekey usb thumb drive illuminated.  After 10 minutes or so the system will attempt to restart but it never gets past the AVP screen.  I tried turning the jackpot reset key while the ekey and diagnostic keys were inserted but that didn't do anything.  I'm not sure what else I can try.  I am open to any suggestions.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2022, 03:25:42 PM »
If that little door does not have a lock on it there is a roller that must be in the leftmost position when using the eKey/diag.  It is right above those two usb ports.  There should be a piece of paper stuck in there to keep it to the right for normal use. Replace that piece of paper after using the ekey.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2022, 06:26:13 PM »
Your pcmcia card is bad or the no. 2 boot chip on that card is bad if the ribbon cable is OK.  Do you have a a spare to switch out in the slot??

Offline wilm245

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2022, 01:53:32 PM »
If that little door does not have a lock on it there is a roller that must be in the leftmost position when using the eKey/diag.  It is right above those two usb ports.  There should be a piece of paper stuck in there to keep it to the right for normal use. Replace that piece of paper after using the ekey.
On this particular machine there actually is a lock on the little door.  What does the little toggle switch do that is located near the USB ports?

Offline wilm245

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2022, 01:55:05 PM »
Your pcmcia card is bad or the no. 2 boot chip on that card is bad if the ribbon cable is OK.  Do you have a a spare to switch out in the slot??

There is a chance that I do, but most likely not.  What does the pcmia card and the no. 2 boot chip look like?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2022, 02:21:26 PM »
It's a standard PCI card. There's only one PCI slot on the main board. There are 2 batteries on it and the boot 2 chip. The ribbon harness also plugs into it. "PCMCIA" is not correct.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2022, 06:28:53 AM »
It's a standard PCI card. There's only one PCI slot on the main board. There are 2 batteries on it and the boot 2 chip. The ribbon harness also plugs into it. "PCMCIA" is not correct.

Ron is correct.  The card is a PCI.  PCMCIA cards were used in Vision slots.  Senior moment on my part.  LOL

Offline wilm245

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2022, 02:11:07 PM »
So here is where I stand, and what I have done to troubleshoot this machine so far.  Also, FYI, I have 2 AVP machines and both are G23 cabinets.  One of them is a Game king and it is currently working.  The other is a Winner's Choice multi-game with just slot games.  The winners choice machine is the one that has the No IGT Signature Found message when attempting to boot, and a side note-I really wouldn't mind converting the winners choice over to a Game King.

1.  I tried to boot the machine with the ekey and diagnostic key.  This didn't cause anything differently to happen.
2.  I swapped the ribbon cables in the machines and ruled out the ribbon cable as the culprit.  The Winners choice machine would not boot with the known working ribbon cable from the Game King and the Game king is working fine with the ribbon cable that came out of the Winners choice.
3.  I removed the PCI card from the Winners Choice machine and put in a spare PCI card that I had.  I really don't know where I got the spare PCI card or why I have it but I took the batteries out of the existing Winners Choice PCI card (they were just replaced a few months ago) and put the batteries in the spare, installed the spare PCI, connected everything, and still the same message.  Nothing that I did caused anything to behave differently.  Still getting the AVP screen, still hear the PC beep when I power on the machine, still getting the No IGT Signature Found message, and then then after a minute or 2 the machine attempts to reboot on its own. Rinse and repeat.  What else could it be?  Anything other than the SSD? Thanks for reading.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2022, 03:34:49 PM »
From what I have heard Winners Choice will not work with any other games added to it.  It loads 4 games and you can't install any more games or have any other games already installed.

Offline RodneyK

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • RodneyK New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2022, 05:38:45 PM »
This is what I would do in your shoes.

Take the known good brain box from GK, switch in into other cabinet. If that boots fine then that eliminates anything within the cabinet. Let's say that boots fine. Then I would take the PCI card and boot chip one out of GK brain box and put it in the Winners Choice. Use the known good ribbon cable. Double check that your hard drive is plugged in. See if that boots ok. If not, switch hard drives. Just keep working the known good parts including batteries until you find the issue. I wouldn't discount batteries just because they were replaced a few months ago.

Having a spare PCI is nice but it sounds like you have no idea if it known good.

Generally No Signature is:
Boot Chip 2
PCI card issue
Hard drive not plugged in
Ribbon cable

Great troubleshooting list from another forum.

OK, it seems that the Top red LED on the interface board is on.  That means there is an error as reported by U1 on the interface board.  Here is a basic flow I use when troubleshooting CPUs. 

1.  When you power on with nothing except the power and CPU connected;  CPU lite OFF - Fans ON.

2.  Add Memory DIMM - CPU lite OFF - Fans ON.

3.  Add CPU boot chip-1 - AVP Banner OK - No signature found error on screen.

4.  Remove memory - CPU reports beeping error.

5.  Add Interface board without boot chip-2 - CPU reports beeping error. 7 Lites lit on top of interface board.

6.  Add Memory DIMM - AVP Banner OK, No signature found error on screen.

7.  Add boot chip-2 to memory board - No motherboard connection reported on screen and constant reboots.

8.  Add ribbon interface cable from interface board to motherboard - Normal startup

So basically - CPU with no memory should error beep.

CPU fans should always work if you have power.

CPU with memory and boot chip-1 should provide you video AVP Splash screen.

Interface board properly plugged in will always give 7 lites on the top with no front panel red LED error.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 404
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2022, 05:51:03 PM »
RodneyK,
Your Reply #15 should be a sticky for the AVP guys. :yes:
I like the way you break the troubleshooting down.  :cool_thumb_up:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2022, 06:31:09 PM »
Great info Rodney!   :I_agree_1: :yes: :cool_thumb_up:

Offline wilm245

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2022, 03:12:35 PM »
Thanks for everyones help.  My machine is now back up and running.  Having a known working cabinet and brainbox made my troubleshooting much easier.  I still don't know exactly what happened.  While I had the brainbox of the broken machine out I decided to replace several batteries and I also bought a HDD docking station/offline cloner and cloned the old PNY SSD to a new Kingston SSD.  The machine is working now, and working better than ever with the new SSD.  Ever since I owned that machine it has suffered from a noticeable screen lag/reels momentarily freezing up issue.  I had replaced the video card, ram sticks, and nothing really fixed that screen lag but I haven't noticed it once with the new SSD installed.  Thanks for all of you that helped.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal