New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: bally vegas  (Read 1016 times)

Offline mark the spark

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • mark the spark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
bally vegas
« on: June 03, 2022, 05:26:02 AM »
a question for wolftalk
purchased a bally vegas 1032 assembled in dublin
it has some problems but the main concern is it has a random hold feature.now the random hold is a motor mounted on a printed circuit board.
the board looks like a genuine bally board the part number is M642.335 the fault is that it rotates non stop at the moment and i suspect its been like that for a long time as the wiper fingers have worn a grove in the board so i would like to replace this board when i have found the reason for it rotating all the time  :thank_you:

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: bally vegas
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 12:03:59 PM »
I don't have any information on the 1032 ... or 1032-1, 1035, 1053, 1056, 1057 ... which were all machines made for the UK market.

if the 1032 in the upright/console cabinet?

got some pictures?

if you can't find a replacement board, it may be possible to adapt a different board - like a payout counter - to work.  Repairing the board with copper trace or conductive epoxy is also an option.

Offline mark the spark

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 12:04:58 PM »
hi i do have a photo but its to large

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 12:15:31 PM »
please email pics to slotpics@cdyn.com.  I'll downsize them and add them to the thread ... and post them on the bingo.cdyn.com/slots/ website in their original highest possible size form.

pics of the entire front of machine plus as many internal shots as you have patience for is always useful.  Since the pics are high res, don't move in too close with the camera ... it is better to have the wiring attached to stuff visible and other nearby components in the shot.  That helps people with the "where is the [whatever] thing in my machine". 

e.g. take a pic of the entire left side of the reel mech ... no need to take a pic of just the coin relay as it's easy to pan/zoom in a high res picture to just see that if needed.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2022, 02:30:46 PM »
the disc is m-645-335.

if the worst you have is a few spots where the copper has worn thru, probably the easiest fix is to use copper "foil" tape to bridge the gaps.  If you get wide tape, you can cut an arc shape to cover a longer length.  The self-adhesive foil may need to be soldered at the ends to electrically connect it to the existing traces.

you'd need to remove the wipers and take a picture of the entire board to see if a different board could be modified to make it work.

the crazy solution is to make another board.  You can measure the board thickness ... and guess at how thick the copper is ... then learn how to use pcb layout tools and use one of the many companies that will make 1 board for pretty reasonable price.

I've never done it and it would be a lot of learning.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 09:35:16 AM by wolftalk »

Offline mark the spark

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 08:56:44 AM »
thanks will take some further photos as there is a small motor mountred on the back of it which is of .  part the randomiser circuit this was fed through a n/c contact which is why it was running permanatley.Have changed this to a n/o contact for now on the same relay they are using omron squared based relays the 4 n/c or 4 n/o contacts.
they use 2 relays a draw relay and a random hold relay the random hold relay is for holds after wins i think
ohh not forgetting the cut wires which i need to find out what they are doing and why they were cut

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 02:05:47 PM »
the 979 "lucky wheels" had a couple random units.  Once the anti-cheat relay was powered on the first cycle after power-on, random #2 ran continuously unless the coin relay was tripped.

I guess the idea was the randomization was when the coin was dropped wrt the position of the random wipers.

a schem has a user markup of feeding the motor power from a control relay switch instead so the random motors only ran when the flash motor ran.

for home use when the game is only on during play, it doesn't matter much.  When the game is on 24x7, then yeah, the wiper contacts will wear down and the traces/board will eventually grind away.

typically hold was not available after a win, but I don't know the rules for your game ... or the 979.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal