New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: C1.1 OS  (Read 675 times)

Offline Eddiie

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
C1.1 OS
« on: June 12, 2022, 12:06:53 PM »
After many failed tests of OSes, finally found one that passes the OS check for games that want C1.1 .................
That is OS 1221.

However, the game does not seem to fully load, or the diagnostic button has been moved to a different location!?   

Just like a normal RAM clear and first load,  the screen says  Call Attendant, Time Date not Set,  Denom not set, etc.     Ok,  let's set it!   ..  Push diagnostic button and nothing.
Hold configuration button.  Nothing.    Close door,  "Performing Memory Check" or whatever it says.   Jackpot reset switch works but you can't configure from there. Exit,
Open Door, hit diagnostic button..  Nothing.

Leave it sitting there for 7 hours, Open door, hit diagnostic button, nothing.   lol  WTF

RAMClear, load a game that uses that OS (for sure)..   It does pretty much the same thing but before it gets to the Time/Date not set, it keeps showing Call Attendant and continues to load a bunch of files to RAM (??  BB1 has no HD)...   THEN it says Time/Date not set.

So, I dunno, maybe OS 1221 doesn't do an OS Validation check?   Doesn't seem likely since every other OS does.
Not sure if 1221  is really C1.11 or if I am hitting a wall.   If not, where could the diag button be moved to?    Could it be J10 Pin(s) 15 and/or 16?  I dunno what those are for.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: C1.1 OS
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 04:53:29 AM »
What game are you paring it up with?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Eddiie

• Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 10:47:46 AM »
So it turned out that OS is not the right one for the game...  Which is why the Config/diag button never works.
C1.1 worked.

This is an old BB1 OS, first Big Event game they made. 

Now I am on the hunt for the C1.1 OS for the big event server...  I am 99% sure it is different for the server than the game OS.   Which is not typical.   However, ripping apart the C1.1 OSes I have (thanks to the person that got them for me),  the OS references a file called  /etc/OS_PARAM.TXT.   In that file I've found there is a system variable set...

# Optional (Can be blank for default OS)
# Possible values:
#NXT_OS_MOD=RAMCLEAR
#NXT_OS_MOD=FACTORY
#NXT_OS_MOD=BIGEVENTSERVER
NXT_OS_MOD=BIGEVENTCLIENT

The system variable is hard-coded to be "BIGEVENTCLIENT"    and no where can I find where it gets reset.
Just above that line is the line "BIGEVENSERVER" commented out.

Also, the docs show pictures of a BB1 CPU with 2 VGA ports...  Something called DragonFighter CPU.    Not sure if that is some internal dev machine used for the picture or if that is production.   In my experience WMS pictures do not always line up with what they are talking about..

Offline jagroups

• Monopoly Slot Fan
  • Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • jagroups New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2023, 08:06:52 PM »
I'm revisiting this project and tried things on my end.

Monopoly Big Event (Server Card and Clients)

Using OS SSSG-000-1023  C1.11

The OS is loading as  OS Type: BIGEVENTCLIENT  instead of BIGEVENTSERVER

So the OS won't acknowledge the Server Card, being that it's not a client card.
The process holds at the point, pictured in the full photo of loading.
After 8 minutes of holding there, the screen goes blank (Times out)

Any old school BB1 guys know if WMS made a C1.11 OS specifically for the Server?
Suggestions?

Random notes:
The Monopoly Big Event Manual has the BB1 green CPU, titled at Dragon Fighter, which I'm using.
Mine has BIOS SBOT-00001-2000 - which -2000 is required to run C1.11 SSSG
My Ram Clr card I used it 1350

I appreicate any input  :hail:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 08:31:02 PM by jagroups »
My WMS Monopoly slot collection:  http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=17735.0

Offline jagroups

• Monopoly Slot Fan
  • Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • jagroups New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2024, 12:03:26 AM »
Tonight was productive. Made it further in the boot process.
Server got to this point. The OS C1.11 SSSG-000-1023 I have is for the Client
This error shows the OS looking for the client card, not acknowledging the Server Card.

So there seems to be another OS in the C family for the BIGEVENTSERVER
I have C1.9 (SSSG-000-1000) and C1.11 (SSSG-000-1023) both load as BIGEVENTCLIENT

Does anyone have any other C family OS?

ADMINS - Should I put this in the Classified section, since it is a request?

Thanks in advance.

Joey  :)
My WMS Monopoly slot collection:  http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=17735.0

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal