**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > CEI and Cal Omega Video Poker Games

CEI poker machine hopper

(1/2) > >>

wolfmt:
My machine sends quarters to cabinet instead of hopper, how do I change this?

Chris-socal:
Hi wolfmt, I assume you mean the coin mechanism is dropping the coins into the coin tray and they are not making it into the hopper at all.
Does your machine have a coin comparitor or a standard single-unit mechanism?
Because this is a CEI my first instinct is that the machine is in TEST mode. This happens after a reset or battery change, you will see something on screen indicating test or it might just be missing the text that says CREDITS or Coins altogether.
A picture of the inside of machine door as well as the display will help us.
It is painless to get it out of test so you can try this:
With the machine powered on, press the 1,2&3 discard buttons simultaneously. Thats it, if this was the problem you will probably hear the electromagnetic engage.

Please let us know if this works. If not we can talk about the coin mechanism itself.

Chris

wolfmt:
I wasn’t clear, the coin goes down chute to bottom cabinet instead of the hopper

Chris-socal:
Oh, the chute that goes underneath the game, yes, the machines diverts a certain amount of coins to a tray in the stand. I have never been able to make that stop consistently. Honestly I put a switch inline the diverter magnet and turn it off (you could un-solder the wire). I originally thought resetting the machine would make it stop thinking the machine knows the hopper is empty. Doesn’t work, LOL. You might be able to get into the accounting menu and tell it you are removing coins from the hopper. Good luck! Let us know if you find anything that works.

shortrackskater:

--- Quote from: wolfmt on January 02, 2023, 09:48:54 AM ---My machine sends quarters to cabinet instead of hopper, how do I change this?

--- End quote ---

Did it always do this or just start to?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version