Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors > Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors

Coin dropping through IGT PE+

(1/3) > >>

agordon117:
Hey everyone, first post here.  I have an IGT PE+ that I'm working on, and have run into an issue that I'm not sure how to fix.  First problem was a bad screen, replaced it with the ceronix LCD replacement.  That works fine.  Next problem, now that I can see the machine is working, is that coins are dropping through.  Here's what I know after looking at other posts here and just general troubleshooting. 

add credit button works
bill acceptor works, proving that the machine plays just fine
blue coil in the belly door is cracked, is this attached to the coin diverter? 

I've attached a picture of the blue coil that's cracked (forgot to take a picture of my own), and I've included a picture of my coin comparator. 

Could this blue coil be the issue?  If so, where can I find a replacement?  Normally I'm pretty good at finding these parts, but I must not be hitting on the right search term for this component. 

Chris-socal:
Hello, that is a coin comparator and it has a quarter set in it which means it only accepts coins that match the size and weight of the sample coin.  You can this by turning the potentiometer on the lower right that has the plus and minus indicators all the way to the left towards minus which makes it less sensitive. now it should let nearly any coin that is remotely close to a quarter to be accepted. If it does not work then we need to look at other options such as making sure the machine is set up correctly. Do you know if the machine ever accepted coins?

Chris

agordon117:

--- Quote from: Chris-socal on March 18, 2024, 12:52:24 PM ---Hello, that is a coin comparator and it has a quarter set in it which means it only accepts coins that match the size and weight of the sample coin.  You can this by turning the potentiometer on the lower right that has the plus and minus indicators all the way to the left towards minus which makes it less sensitive. now it should let nearly any coin that is remotely close to a quarter to be accepted. If it does not work then we need to look at other options such as making sure the machine is set up correctly. Do you know if the machine ever accepted coins?

Chris

--- End quote ---
That blue solenoid isn't a part of the comparator though is it? 

The machine accepted coins once upon a time, but it only gets occasional use and probably hadn't been used in 5 years or so.  At that time it did accept coins. 

I did try turning down the sensitivity, it didn't change anything.  I suspect that the diverter isn't flipping when the comparator says to accept a coin.  Which I suspect is related to the cracked blue solenoid (crack isn't shown, first picture is shown for identification purposes).  That's the main question I'm trying to ask.  Does that solenoid divert the coin, and where do I get a new one? 

jay:
The vendors on the home page can probably help you out with a diverter solenoid. Call don't use their websites.
Many people just wire tie these back.

Tilt:
The diverter coil doesn't have anything to do with accepting or rejecting a coin.  It takes the coins that have been accepted and allows them to drop into the hopper (de-energized) or diverts them to the overflow tube which would go to a bucket in the bottom of the machine stand.  That happens when the hopper is full or has reached a level determined by what hole the brass hopper full screw is installed in. 

The rake on the back of the comparitor is what either allows the coin to fall through the optics if the coin meets the sample coin characteristics, or deflects it to the coin tray if it does not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version