**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > WMS Reel Games

WMS BlueBird 2 Transsmisive Sound Problem

(1/2) > >>

morspeed:
So I just got this machine with Goldfish 2 installed and noticed that the sub/bass sound keeps dropping out. When I start the machine it works for a minute or 2 then drops out and sometimes it will come back in. Any thoughts as the problem? Also I know nothing of these games. I have only worked on IGT stuff and some Bally in the past. If there is an amp/soundboard where is it located? I can not for the life of me figure out how exactly to take the sub out. Looks like it is mounted to the top box somehow.
Thanks,
Tommy

rickhunter:
There are 2 ways bb2's connect sound.  Digital or Analog.  Typically native BB2 cabinets use the digital connection, which is shown in this photo.  There's an SPDIF (RCA Type Jack) on top of the mpu that connects to the mating connector on the amp input board.  Sometimes, the connector on this board gets abused and it partially breaks the solder connectors on the amp input board.  I would check to make sure there are not problems there.

The Amp assembly is inside the green square, the digital cable connections are inside the red square.

When the analog connection is used, there will be a mini-jack style connector (same one used on headphones) that connects to a plug next to the RCA digital jack.

morspeed:
Thanks! I traced the wires down and figured it was. But was not sure. Weird thing is it has both plugged in.

rickhunter:
I've seen that before also.  But when the digital connector is plugged in, the amp ignores the analog.  I would pull either the analog or the digital to see if the problem persists with either one.

cartman765:
I had the same problem with my BB2 it ended up being the bass speaker. I replaced the whole unit (found on ebay)and it has been working fine ever since.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version