New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Barcrest - Pictures, parts, glass etc..  (Read 7515 times)

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
S+ Barcrest - Pictures, parts, glass etc..
« on: August 06, 2018, 08:18:09 AM »
I thought I would start a thread for all things S+ Barcrest.

Post pics, parts you may have or need, and/or questions you may have about them.

I have heard horror stories of people tossing top box units, glass and stuff in the trash because they didn't know or have all the parts to build a working machine. There should be a law against that, or at least a rogue team to deliver a swift beating to the perps that'd do such a thing..  :Tongue_Out:

I know this won't be the most popular thread, but hopefully it can help others out that are building up or looking for an S+ Barcrest.

:cool_thumb_up:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I currently have (6) S+ Barcrests I have gotten over the past few months (need to shop them 100% and make room in the game room).. - Little Devil, Jewel In The Crown, Hit The Top, Top Dollar, Double Top Dollar and Gambler 21.

I am on the hunt for:

S+ Double Top Dollar SP and SS chips/files
Hula Hula glass, strips and the top box software cartridge
Spell Binder glass, Strips and the top box software cartridge

I am also interested in buying/trading for complete machines. Let me know what ya got!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:09:30 AM by Harvs »

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: S+ Barcrest - Pictures, parts, glass etc..
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 09:44:54 AM »
Good idea! I'm sure there are lots of machines that went to the dump for lack of repair knowledge or parts and lots more that will go there for the same reason. I keep an extra 16 MHz board and top box MPU around just in case and I actually sold my Top Dollar S+ six or 7 years ago, LOL! :24: Missing one key part can turn a classic collectible into a boat anchor. Especially hard to find are the backplanes as they get brittle and break easy from age and heat. Hopefully people will latch onto this tool and use it to save some machines. Same could be said for the S2000 Vision, Reel Touch machines and any short run platform with specialized parts needed to run

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 10:38:11 AM »
Good idea! I'm sure there are lots of machines that went to the dump for lack of repair knowledge or parts and lots more that will go there for the same reason. I keep an extra 16 MHz board and top box MPU around just in case and I actually sold my Top Dollar S+ six or 7 years ago, LOL! :24: Missing one key part can turn a classic collectible into a boat anchor. Especially hard to find are the backplanes as they get brittle and break easy from age and heat. Hopefully people will latch onto this tool and use it to save some machines. Same could be said for the S2000 Vision, Reel Touch machines and any short run platform with specialized parts needed to run
Yep, I have a handful of PSU's and MPU's as spares. Have 4 top box units (Hula, Spell Binder, Top Dollar and Little Devil), a complete Little Devil top box with reels, cause the reels are the weak point on that game. Also have random pieces of glass.. Top Dollar, Pinball, Run for your Money and maybe some others.

These damn machines are works of art.. So I'm hoping people that have bits and pieces post on here so we can bring more back to life!

:yes:

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 08:46:07 PM »
I have a 3-coin S+ Barcrest Pinball.  I've been dreading the day that I turn it on and it doesn't work.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 04:13:01 AM »
I have a 3-coin S+ Barcrest Pinball.  I've been dreading the day that I turn it on and it doesn't work.
As long as you change the battery in the MPU and recap the PSU, you're good to go. I think Pinball is an MPU4? Change that Varta asap if you haven't, when it leaks it destroys the board as you know. - The MPU5's have a rechargeable coin battery that doesn't leak like those Vartas. I think they are NM2477's. And the MPU5 PSUs are more reliable than the MPU4 PSUs, very easy to swap from the 4 to the 5 PSU.

I'll make a post on here explaining how to convert to the 5 next time I do that.

*If you no longer want to worry about the day it doesn't work, just sell/trade it to me today!!!!!  :Tongue_Out:

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 09:01:31 AM »
Any chance you'd be willing to post a small picture guide as to how to access the Varta battery (and if there are any viable substitutes that are better, or an external battery holder to eliminate concern of leaking in the future)?  I've actually never opened my top box except to change some light bulbs.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 10:10:59 AM »
Any chance you'd be willing to post a small picture guide as to how to access the Varta battery (and if there are any viable substitutes that are better, or an external battery holder to eliminate concern of leaking in the future)?  I've actually never opened my top box except to change some light bulbs.
Take pics of all the connectors and where they go, remove the tan cartridge that has the bent wire holding it, take pics of where those harnesses connect on that too.. The MPU4's are held by a spring loaded rod on the back of the top box unit, push that and it releases the MPU.

Once it's out, there are 2 plastic thingys that slide towards the center and that lets you open the case (See first 2 pics). Then you have to unscrew the 2 screws that hold the board to the top of the case. remove the harness to that and you're in. (See pic)

Once in, get on your knees and pray for a second before opening. The raw board pictured shows what happens if you don't pray before opening (or else it's the fact that the Varta was never changed, not sure which caused it?)

The Varta is a 2.4v not a 3.6.. And yeah, I have seen people do the 'remote' battery thing. I will check mine like pinball machines, 2-3 times a year.. I'm sure they will be good for way longer than that though.

*The MPU5 is a bit different to remove, still simple though.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 10:15:25 AM »
The Little Devil game is awesome!!!  I played it just once in Bellagio a long time ago, and never found another one.  But I did have like a 7 year gap before I returned to vegas. 
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 10:20:41 AM »
The Little Devil game is awesome!!!  I played it just once in Bellagio a long time ago, and never found another one.  But I did have like a 7 year gap before I returned to vegas.
Yep, my favorite! Sh!t, it's been my avatar pic on here since day 1 (the lower left little devil on the top glass).

If you ever see any parts or machines in your neck o the woods I'm an email and ppal payment away!

I will hopefully have 10-12 soon, a damn museum of these things!    :cool_thumb_up:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 10:24:50 AM »
I thought he looked familiar, I just couldn't place it since it has been so long since I've seen one.  The other game that I loved and would buy one if I could find one was an S+ game with a top called Flip Flop.  IGT later came out with a flip flop deluxe, which I didn't like.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 10:39:17 AM »
I thought he looked familiar, I just couldn't place it since it has been so long since I've seen one.  The other game that I loved and would buy one if I could find one was an S+ game with a top called Flip Flop.  IGT later came out with a flip flop deluxe, which I didn't like.
WWG has one for sale.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 09:26:16 PM »
Thanks for the tutorial.  Here's to hoping that my battery hasn't leaked everywhere.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2018, 07:16:26 AM »
And here's an MPU5 opened up.  :wave:

I voided the warranty just for NLG....

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2018, 02:43:30 PM »
Another thing I do not have and would like is an MPU4 or MPU5 manual. Anyone have one?

:BUG_CRAWLING:

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2018, 09:17:37 AM »
Not sure if anyone is interested but I have COMPLETE MPU4 or MPU5 game kits for sale or trade.. I have 2 Little Devil kits complete (top box unit, MPU5 with game cartridge, reel strips, all glass and SS/SP chips) and I have 2 Jewel In The Crown complete game kits.

So if you have an MPU4 machine now, you can pop Jewel In The Crown in it and poof, new Barcrest game. If you have a MPU5 machine you can pop Little Devil in and poof, new mofo'n Barcrest.. You can also upgrade/downgrade from 4-5 or 5-4 but that's a little more involved with a couple harnesses etc.

Agian, these come COMPLETE with power supply (for the MPU4 Jewel In The Crowns) and tested working MPU's with new batteries installed.. Plug and play..

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 06:25:31 PM »
Only need a few more!!

Having glass for Hula made.. Still need a Spell belly and Pinball top box software..

If you have any Barcrest sh!t feel free to PM me. Looking for a Boulder Dash complete kit/machine. L M K

:boss:

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 06:26:43 PM »
 :wave:

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2018, 06:41:58 PM »

Show Off !

:dancing_2: :dancing_2: :dancing_2: :dancing_2:

Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2018, 06:47:48 PM »

Show Off !

:dancing_2: :dancing_2: :dancing_2: :dancing_2:

Had to post them, Ronald.. That's a lot of S+ BC's in one spot! - Hopefully I can track down the last of them and really show off!

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2018, 06:54:13 PM »

They're certainly nice. You should be proud. That's quite an accomplishment!

Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal